TinyEarth

el_hidalgo

Prince
TinyEarth is a tiny (60x25) map of the earth. The world size is set to Tiny, which means there are three players, which do not begin in historical start locations. For BTS, it is based on the 60x25 14-civ Earth map (Warlords) by Blue Ether. It has plenty of resources (too many?). I haven't play tested it. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11845

Attachments

• TinyAsia.JPG
    TinyAsia.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 488
  • TinyEuro.JPG
    TinyEuro.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 648
  • TinyNA.JPG
    TinyNA.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 452
  • TinyAus.JPG
    TinyAus.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 372
  • TinyAfricaSA.JPG
    TinyAfricaSA.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 392
Perfect size for my Future mod. I'll have to alter it some though. Two wasted rows at the top and bottom, no straight of magellan, too much water, europe not enlarged enough, too many absolute mountain chains without hill passes, resources placement wrong for my purposes. But actually a good job considering the size restrictions.

Can you make a version with only antic civs, you will have me to be glad ;)

I already created a duel sized generated map with 18 Civs... Ressources on every tile... It was for mod "Extra" of Chiyu

I will try to make it and i post in your thread and when finished i will create my own thread...

I would love create an ancient world themed map...

EDIT : Here my first attempt :)
++++++++++++++++++++++
V1.00 :

- Preplaced cities
- No razing, no flipping and raging barbarians !
- Added ressources for balancing it, essetially military ressources...
- You are credited El_Hidalgo :)

I would like feedback

v1.10 : added Babylon, was forgotten in America

Attachments

• Tiny_ANCIENT_Earth_v1.10.rar
    10.2 KB · Views: 217
Can you make a version with only antic civs, you will have me to be glad ;)

I already created a duel sized generated map with 18 Civs... Ressources on every tile... It was for mod "Extra" of Chiyu

I will try to make it and i post in your thread and when finished i will create my own thread...

I would love create an ancient world themed map...

EDIT : Here my first attempt :)
++++++++++++++++++++++
V1.00 :

- Preplaced cities
- No razing, no flipping and raging barbarians !
- Added ressources for balancing it, essetially military ressources...
- You are credited El_Hidalgo :)

I would like feedback

v1.10 : added Babylon, was forgotten in America

Cool! I just created one too. I saw your reply this morning, before you made this map, then I made an ancient map, and now that I logged in to post it I see you made one too. I will check it out. :goodjob: Mine is different. No preplaced cities, just 4 ancient civs starting in historical locations: Rome, India, China, and Egypt.

Edit: OK, checked it out, but haven't played yet. I'm not a good player, so I would not have any useful feedback to offer on gameplay. I like to mod more than I like to play. :) For me, that's a lot of barb cities! And a lot of civs for such a small map. But for warmongers that is probably ideal. I like your placement of Beijing better than mine, but I like my placement of Delhi better. :D So I changed my China start location (also fixed an error in the naming of India's leader). Also it doesn't seem fair that India gets two cities to start.

Attachments

• TinyEarthAncient.rar
    7.4 KB · Views: 192
I just abandonned the idea because i'm not a good scenario or map maker :blush:

Your map could contain ideally 7-11 civs...
Because number of ressources...

I let you making the perfect ancient map...
After all is your map, you alone you nknow how placing civs and cities...

Too many cities or civs = unplayable, so i renounced, maibye for civ 5 if it has a good editor incorporated...

So you can made a set in 110 AD or 395 ADor simply 200 AD...

After all even not very accurately placed cities your map is so cute :goodjob:

Ideal for a fast game when time is limited.

I dont figure how renaming leaders or civs or adjectives of civs, nor create a presentation text before charging the map/scenario in game...

I will try your scenario, i will feedback you...

EDIT : 02 March 2009 at 22:41 Paris Hour : I just figured out !!! Manipulating txt is not sorcelry :) I'm not anymore an "idiot" (french acceptation) ;)

This map looks interesting! Good work with Europe on so tiny map :)

Top Bottom