Tips To Speed Up Play?

Hydrok9

Warlord
I'm just about to hit the Classical era and turn times are around 3 minutes. Anything in the BUG menu which could speed up turn times?

Not really. All turn Times are dictated by several things. 1. Number of AI at Game set up. 2. Using Any Options that will generate More new AI. 3. Map size.

The more AI in the game on the bigger Maps the longer the turn times will become as the game ages. BtS/Civ IV game engine is a 32bit single thread/core engine. C2C pushes that 32bit engine hard at times.

JosEPh

There is one, Minimize AI turn time. It is on the first page of the BUG options, near the bottom of the right hand column.

Thanks guys, i'll give the Minimize AI time a try. I've already deleted a few civs off the map, hopefully I won't have to disappear any more of them.

As Joe said (very important), but also how many civs do u have on the map, and what era are u in??

He's just getting to Classical Era. Has to have a bunch of Civs active especially if he's already....
I've already deleted a few civs off the map, hopefully I won't have to disappear any more of them.

JosEPh

Map size is huge. I started with about 21 civs, not sure what that number has grown to but I edited out 4 of them.

So your game is spawning New Civs. Which means you probably have the Game Option Revolutions On and/or BarbCiv On and possibly Barb World On as well.

With over 20 AI and more spawning, 3 minutes is about as expected for a Huge Map at start of Classical especially if using the slower game speeds.

How many turns have you played so far?

And what Game Speed did you choose? Eternity?

JosEPh

So your game is spawning New Civs. Which means you probably have the Game Option Revolutions On and/or BarbCiv On and possibly Barb World On as well.

With over 20 AI and more spawning, 3 minutes is about as expected for a Huge Map at start of Classical especially if using the slower game speeds.

How many turns have you played so far?

And what Game Speed did you choose? Eternity?

JosEPh

Marathon speed, 741 turns played.

Thank you.

JosEPh

Without the BUG Option I was getting turn times from your game of a short of 1 min 37 secs to a long of 1 min 48 secs. About avg for the busy map you have going.

JosEPh

Without the BUG Option I was getting turn times from your game of a short of 1 min 37 secs to a long of 1 min 48 secs. About avg for the busy map you have going.

JosEPh

Thanks, maybe I imagined it took a lot longer than it actually did.

Top Bottom