1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Tired of trying! Can anyone at all win Diplomatic Victory Vote with AI voting against?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by KyivanRusCivPlease, Sep 4, 2019.

1. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

Nooo - at least in this one game after the patch I played, the AI always voted against the DVP leader in the Diplomatic Victory Vote - that is - against me.

As to the primordial map type - I don't really like the idea of having to play with more chance of aid requests to win Diplomatic VIctory.

2. CoconutTank

CoconutTank Warlord Supporter

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet, but having diplomatic visibility over the AI helps with determining what's more likely to get voted. Upon coming to the voting screen, there'll be a little number under each A/B choice which will point out how many civs are interested in said A/B choice. The UI won't say who's voting and what they're voting for, but I find having that additional bit of information does help. At the very least, assuming it's a resolution that I'm not personally invested in, trying to vote for the same choice that is most likely to win gets easier with that.

Getting diplo visibility of an AI is usually pretty easy to do as well iirc. The easiest thing to do is to just send trade routes to whomever you want to get more details on.

Anyway, most of the advice in the thread has been helpful in securing diplo victories ime. Be super friends with city states, being super friends with other civs is not necessary at all, wonders like Potola Palace and Statue of Liberty are great for getting diplo points, and guessing what other civs are interested in to end up voting for the winning resolution is the main way to get points.

3. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

That have nothing to do with diplomatic visibility, it's based on that leaders bias towards that option. It's useful but it's something you can't control or affect in anyway.

4. CoconutTank

CoconutTank Warlord Supporter

Ah my bad. Thanks for the correction!