TLC Mercantile (Experimental)

I tried the following: I declared the war on Russians before hitting spacebar for AI turn and it helped :crazyeye:.

Yes, this sometimes can help, as it can trigger AI civs to change the movement paths for their units. I used this method, too in the early development phases of CCM when that mod was haunted by a lot of freezes triggered by collisions between the movement paths of AI units and movement restrictions for certain units.

Another freeze, another war with Russia solved the problem (I tried war with China, but it didn't help).

Could it be something with the movement of Russian units, then?

I think I've found the problem.
upload_2017-3-27_20-59-41.png
I don’t know what their plan was.

It’s the immobile unit disembarkation glitch. I didn’t have the “unload” button activated on the fortification units (necessary for preventing them from boarding ships). I’ve updated the biq but you’ll need to use the multiplayer tool (at the bottom of post 1). Just take control of the problem player for a turn so you can disband the unit.

I beleive you should make sure that all immobile units have 'load' and 'unload' abilities unchecked in the editor. Thus AI will not try to load them onto the ships.

I noticed this just yesterday since most of the time I play with speakers turned off. So answer is no, it is not discouaging at all.

Thermodynamics enables Hale Rockets, but I think Gatling Gun would be more appropriate at this stage since rockets seems to be a bit prematured in early industrial age.

There is no description for Gatling Gun in Civilopedia

The Hale Rocket was invented in 1844 so I’ll move it to Industrialisation. I’m going to add a tech (The Patent) before thermodynamics to space things out.
There is no description for Gatling Gun in Civilopedia
My screen looks OK. upload_2017-4-7_4-46-21.png
There did used to be an issue with 2 units having the same designation, one of which was the Gatling Gun. If the later Civilopedia updates didn't fix it then you'll have to wait until you start a new game with the alterations.

Last edited:
Didn't know the stuff about Hale Rocket.

I guess you fixed number of bugs I can't see in my game, but it is better to have it reported twice then never.

Pirate ship does not rotate to turn its guns toward target during bombardment.

After researching Steam power, Armored Frigates are not shown in building queue.

Last edited:
Here you go...

Attachments

• Tokugawa of the Japanese, 3225 BC.SAV
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
I noticed that I am able to build Steelworks now, but the Civilopedia does not state which advance is required and there is no mention of it in tech tree.

The steelworks was dependent on a factory being built first (which requires industrialisation) so I assumed it wasn’t necessary to reference it in the tech tree. It’s the same set-up for the tollhouse and town walls. There may be another example that I can’t currently recall but I’ll make all of these viewable on the tech tree.

Thanks for the save. I’ll hopefully have an answer for you about the Armoured Frigate before morning.

From what i can see, there's no reason why the unit doesn't appear in the build menu. It's unique for it's era but typical of dozens of tried and tested ships in the later half of the game. I'll keep looking but it may be that the error might have been corrected after you downloaded your biq. I'd only know for certain if i started a new game with the latest biq and advanced to that point.

Last edited:
Regarding Steelworks, maybe it would make more sense to make it available after Steel is researched. Just my 2 cents.

Putting my 2 cents in, sometimes this is sort of a graphical Quality of Life issue.

For example, in the base game, Battlefield Medicine does not require any techs to build. However, it requires 5 Hospitals, which are only available with Sanitation. Rather than clutter up the tech with many different icons (one for Hospital, one for Battlefield Medicine, making it 3 icons wide since techs 2 icons wide are automatically set at 3 wide), you leave it out, as since it requires the hospital, it can't be built until the hospital tech is unlocked anyways. It can get even worse if a tech is busy enough that it becomes 3 lines wide, as the box doesn't expand that much.

One thing to improve it, could be a list of what the Hospital enables, but that's another decision that needs to be made, especially if space is at a premium in the Civpedia.

Top Bottom