• Civics influencing guilds are too strong

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Other (will explain below)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I think guilds are quite balanced

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
just an idea:
yes , guilds are very overpowered on large maps: what about a limitation to one guild per civic ???

Hmmm... Or how about a global limit on how many cities a guild can spread to (dependent on map size)? That should make for very interesting strategical decisions. Would also make it more appealing to keep the all guilds inside your own borders, so to speak.

I like the idea of the random guild HQ placement (like a religion, with a slight bias toward cities that are larger or have more trade routes), but I'm not sure how one would go about interfacing that with using a GP to found a guild...

Valkrionn's sets of competing guilds also sounds like an interesting idea, but I'd suggest waiting to see how it works out in RifE before trying to port it over to Orbis.

The guilds are now (1.0, patch c ^^) more balanced, with the diminution of the gold from headquarters and the competition between Vivaldi and the mammon Bazzar.

or maybe it is a good to bring in the map size:
a huge map gives a multiplyer of 0.25
a standart map size is about 0.5 or 1
a minimap ( which has far less resources) give most out of the guilds.

or maybe it is a good to bring in the map size:
a huge map gives a multiplyer of 0.25
a standart map size is about 0.5 or 1
a minimap ( which has far less resources) give most out of the guilds.

I'm not sure about exact values, but the idea is very good.

I believe it already works like this - benefit from resources is modified by map size, exact numbers are set in XML. What is not modified is benefit per city from HQ.

Yeah, probably they should. Or just cap at certain level, or even removed completely with individual cities benefits increased. Medieval guild were not very centralized, in fact.

I think you should get rid of guilds altogether. Let's reduce them to the point where they don't really do anything at all! How about you make it so that guilds make people in the city unhappy? You can make it so that unskilled laborers are mad because they can't be in a guild. :( Ooh, I know! Guilds ARE quasi-independent and if you spread a guild to too many cities, your cities will revolt and a new civ will spawn! Or maybe you'll just get a new, random leader based on the type of guild that was spread. By the way, can you nerf Duin and Archeron? Really nerf almost anything that a player will take advantage of. That way we can have a game that's not as much fun, but at least we'll have a dark-fantasy modmod with vampires and werewolves that's more realistic.

I think you should get rid of guilds altogether. Let's reduce them to the point where they don't really do anything at all! How about you make it so that guilds make people in the city unhappy? You can make it so that unskilled laborers are mad because they can't be in a guild. :( Ooh, I know! Guilds ARE quasi-independent and if you spread a guild to too many cities, your cities will revolt and a new civ will spawn! Or maybe you'll just get a new, random leader based on the type of guild that was spread. By the way, can you nerf Duin and Archeron? Really nerf almost anything that a player will take advantage of. That way we can have a game that's not as much fun, but at least we'll have a dark-fantasy modmod with vampires and werewolves that's more realistic.

Honestly guilds were rediculous before. They've since been modified a bit since a certain guild no longer produces silver >.>

In any case, the computer can't use guilds very effectively, making them a sure game winner. Even if they could though, it would highly favor philosophical leaders that can generate great people more easily to found them. Right now they are still a bit wanky, but not too horribly unbalancing given you have to sacrifice a great person, and a lot of set up gold to operate them. Acheron and Duin have nothing do to with this. Although I have no idea why you mentioned Duin, considering that a regular paladin can hand him his nuts in a bag.

Top Bottom