ToM making AIs go ape . .. .. .. . over you?

Kuupie

Chieftain
Hello fellow FFH fans!

First time poster here, hopefully will not be my last.

As the topic states im wondering why building tower of mastery makes AI go berserk on you. I've won 3 ToM victories and 3 AoL victories, all AoL victories I've had all the time I need to compelte the altar but in all ToM games enemy declares war the instant I start building ToM. Is this just a coincidence or is AI somehow coded to detect my impeding victory with ToM but not with Altar? In my latest game I had Sabathiel/Basium-alliance to declare war on me with their vassals Garrim Gyr and Decius with me being last other civ in the game after I started building ToM. I turtled 'till ToM was finished but I am wondering whether it is certain that you will get everyone to declare on you if you start building ToM.

Thanks for answers.

I am wondering whether it is certain that you will get everyone to declare on you if you start building ToM.

Yes. It's coded that way.

Every AI not currently at war will immediately declare war on you the turn you start the ToM. No idea why they don't with the AoL though.

I believe that every Evil AI not already at war will declare on you when you build the Altar. In fact, I think they declare on you when you finish the next-to-last or next-to-next-to-last Altar. Only the Evil ones though.

Ok. I have to prepare well for future ToM victories then. Thanks for the clarifications.

With what civic/other thing you can speed up wonders with gold?!

Arete, Guilds, Caste System and Military State let you rush things with gold. It costs 36000 to rush build a Tower of Mastery from nothing, and about 25000 to rush it after a turn of construction. All the little towers can be rush built too.

It's a big reason not to research techs that you don't really need in the late game. Just turn off research and rush buy the victory. Plus whatever else you need while waiting for the mana to come in.

You can rush wonders but not projects. When I go for a ToM win I always have research set to zero once I get all of the techs I need. Between gold, engineers, and production it is normally completed in a few turns at longest.

Wonder rushing is 6 gold per hammer on normal speed, while all other buildings are 3 gold per hammer on normal speed. Both values scale based on game speed and are multiplied by 1.5 if you haven't invested any normal turns at all into the project.

Now I am really confused. I just won another ToM victory but no one declared war on me...

Btw, smaller towers cost 5.4k per tower to rush from scratch and ToM was 36k from scratch :O

Something I just noticed: When you start building ToM, any civilizations you have a defensive pact will will now DoW. In fact, the other civilizations will DoW them as well, taking a lot of the military burden off of you.

I'm not 100% sure but I know that Falamar was in war with Tasunke. As far as I know Varn Gosam wasn't at war with anyone. Thats what puzzles me. (4 civs survived after I swept my own continent and Tasunke swept his ^^)

Top Bottom