Tonawonda - Iroquois Peace Treaty

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
With the Foreign Ministry resigning, I saw no other recourse than to ask the Japanatican people for this critical naval base needed to project operations in the Western Ocean towards Russia and China and Guaranteeing the security of the Babylonians and the Iroquois, as well as islands in the region with a strong naval base, I suggest should be a Treaty Port administered by Grand Admiral Ali.

This was offered in a peace negotiation.

Tonawanda is in a strategic location, but it is surrounded by Babylon. If we get it we'll have to keep many garrisons there. The city won't grow much or be of any use for us.

One thing, Imperial Commando and Privateer Base.

Nobody said:
it will be harder to defend than salamanca, arnt these things Foreign job?

The peace treaty and terms are FA's job, so yes. Privateers are soon obsolete, and unless we have a ROP with Babylon and connecting RR, it would be faster to ship the commandos via sea.

Well m, they offered Tonawonda, DZ resigned, and we now discuss it, what is the drama ?

DZ resigned meaning that all his responsibilities are transferred to his capable deputy, CivGeneral. No authority has moved across any ministries

Civman2004, we still discuss it, what is the drama ?

if the babaylons try to take the city we will just have to liberate it from them i dont think a strong garrison will be needed

ali said:
if the babaylons try to take the city we will just have to liberate it from them i dont think a strong garrison will be needed

Why would we let them take the city in the first place? Strong garrison = no capping the city.

Why not accept it, and then turn it over to the Babylonians ?

Edit: I just don't see much value in it for us, as a naval base. We allready have access to the see in the east and the west. There's nothing in the south except the south pole. And if we just leave it to the Iroquois, I suspect that the Babylonians will eventually take it by force, which would mean more war and bloodshed for the poor Iroquois.

Provolution said:
Civman2004, we still discuss it, what is the drama ?

You're ignoring the FA minister. By your actions, you don't care if a citizen, or any other minister conducts discussions and/or polls on military matters, correct?

-- Ravensfire

Ravensfire

You are public defender right? Is it not a Judge Advocate pursuing these matters. And as your court sentence proved in your Judiciary thread, anyone can post and poll anything.
I even opened for citizens to claim debates they found MSAV interests in, and I democratized the war objectives. Plus, I have seen little from the FA Minister Ravensfire, since he just resigned, and I have heard little from Civgeneral in the FA thread. I will certainly back down as long as he comes up, AND I do not run this debate, I only posted it. You guys hijacked my polls, that is a different story, to pervert the MSAV reforms all needed, with the Donsig poll. You guys were free to run that. But as your own Court stated, citizens are free to present debates and discussions. However, I will not create any FA polls, that is where I stop.

Defensive, aren't we? Note my post - no mention of the Judiciary anywhere in it. I'm a citizen, posting a comment.

In a perfect world, I would like to see citizens, when they have questions/comments about a particular area, to post those questions/comments in the appropriate thread, and allow the elected official the chance to run those discussions. That's being respectful of that leader. I would imagine that you would appreciate the same respect from others.

You posted your comment in the FA thread nearly 24 hours after the thread. I'm asking you to respect the other elected officials, and give them a chance to run their area, if you expect the same respect to be given to you.

-- Ravensfire

Ravensfire

I would actually recommend you to write a law on how a ministry should present issues, and I only debated Tonawonda in this thread for its military potential, a pure MSAV perspective. I did not talk about the entire peace treaty in totality, but only on the prospects of Tonawonda. I have seen virtually no activity in the FA thread at all, and in place of attacking someone for promoting unmentioned issues, you should rather
be constructive and add where there is missing discussions, or join other discussions.

If you wrote a law that protected the ministries privilege to post polls for gathering the WTOP on a matter I would back it. Again, the FA minister resigned, I have seen little from CG, and I saw personally that someone usurped the power by calling for a war with Rome in Term 2, so I am not unknown to the problem.

But be practical, by polling war objectives (interbellum) the WOTP decided the length of the war, and thereby ending it by a poll, for the FA to decide. This means that if FA is not responsive and take action in the FA thread, I may be at risk to make new warplans until the FA manages to propose a peace. You see the dilemma, or do you go for he man, not the ball ?

Any citizen should be allowed to post any discussion at any place at any time. Its their right to be heard. However, the respective ministry should have no obligations to use any of the discussion. Any process should work so long as the people are heard and properly represented.

Its quite a shock and awe to me, both in DZ's resigning from the FAs office in the Demogame and Bush winning the elections in the DG.

Ill certanly look into the manner and hopefully bring in peace with Provo's proposal that he placed in my office

Provolution said:
FA Minister

Consider the Iroquois Peace Treaty.
We may get Tonawonda their gold and a right of passage law.
Let us make Iroquois and Rome client states.

I have gone through the possibilities of a peace treaty along what we desire (Ive included a stand alone Peace Treaty since I am planning to have that option in the polls). The following things that I have found to work are the following. I would recomend getting the 3g, Peace, and Tonawanda since they wont budge if we want the RoP, Peace, Tonawanda, and 3g: (see attachment)

I agree with Minister CG here. Of the choices available, the 3g, Peace, and Tonawanda works for me. This is of course AFTER we take Niagra Falls! If after the fall of Niagra, this deal doesn't work (or we can get better) a slight adjustment should be allowed by the DP, or advice from the FA if present.

As far as the conversation between Provo and Ravensfire, I can see Ravensfire's point, but have to side with Provo here. Provolution has the best arguement. In comparison to the things Provo has stated, I ran into a similar situation recently. When the FP fiasco was simmering down and the Iroquois were about to attack, I felt it would be a good idea to capture Veii (as originally planned), and hurry the FP with a great leader (should we get one). I considered starting a thread on the issue, as time between chats is short, as far as discussion and polling. But instead, I went to the Domestic Dept. (or maybe it was the President) and the Cultural Ministry threads with the matter. The President didn't respond to my post (although he posted a poll) and the end result was an FP that is going to take a LONG time to build, unless we get another GL while taking Niagra Falls. So the question is _ should I have started discussion thread on my own? or wait for an appropriate minister/president to do so? Next time, I will post the thread, as Provo did, on my own.

Cyc said:
IThis is of course AFTER we take Niagra Falls! If after the fall of Niagra, this deal doesn't work (or we can get better) a slight adjustment should be allowed by the DP, or advice from the FA if present.

And, even if this deal does not work, I've already put in my schedule for a "Part 2" of this upcomming Turnchat 2 Days later, should we have to repoll options.

The LATEST the Monday TC will end is 4:40 PM CST / 2240 GMT. This allows FA a few hours to come up with acceptable options for a poll.

CG, if you feel that you won't be around at the end of Monday's TC, please inform me so I can push back the 2nd part to Thursday @ 8:00 AM and thus TC #3's "alternate" time.

Top Bottom