1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Too hard?

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Cilpot, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

died turn 57 on epic speed.

strong goblin archer + normal goblin archer fortifying theirselves on forested hilltop until a cr 1, power 2 warrior and a power 2 warrior came by and with the 4 of them they wiped me out. 2 promoted, 2 higher tier units against 2 warriors

2. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

gave up after 3 retries.

second defeat was on turn 48. 3 combat 2 goblin archers entering my land as a stack.
    entered world builder, placed ars moriendi, gave him combat 5 and blitz and mobility 2 and killed the goblins. killed him afterwards. my 2nd warrior is just finished when 2 barbwarriors with cr1 spawn and finish me off.

-45% malus against barbs on immortal is ridiculously stupid, but i thought "ok" but -45% AND like 2-3 free promotions for barbs is just silly. this was the 1st game i placed my capital on flat lands and it seems it will be my last.

barbs before turn 150 epic:

no clumping, no free cr promo, no archers before turn 50. no real cooperation. archers shooting warriors lowhp and frostlings finishing me off just feels wrong. they are wild people so they cant coordinate this

3. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Sephi, looks like this is pretty well solved by the 7.42 changes. I ran through using the same save from turn one with 7.42 loaded and everybody survived this time around.

I didn't play long enough to fully test the new upgrade speeds for barbs. I can try that over this week, I can say that there were no early Axemen tearing up the AI civs though.

I only see a few very minor issues remaining but none of them make it too hard on the AI so I'll post them elsewhere.

4. Sephi

Sephi Deity

the problems were caused by the readding of the chieftain etc. difficulty setting. Monarch barbs acted in some ways as deity barbs.

5. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Makes sense, son't you hate it when that happens... like the AI moving their settler and making you question your starting plot code :)

6. Sephi

Sephi Deity

I knew adding back the difficulty settings would cause trouble somewhere. What I really hate are the artificial limits to modding set by the Civ4 engine. ;) like hardcoded gameoption and the like :lol:

btw, you can disable AI moving their settler for testing if you want by changing iAISettlerMove in Civ4Worldinfo.xml

7. arstal

arstal Say No 2 Net Validations

Would it be possible to make extra custom difficulty settings? That might work if it's doable.

8. Sephi

Sephi Deity

what you can do is to modify the Assets\XML\Gameinfo\Civ4HandicapInfos.xml file. I removed all handicap bonuses from noble difficulty a while ago for example.