• 16-20

Votes: 719 20.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 1,192 33.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 739 20.9%
  • 41+

Votes: 424 12.0%
  • been playng so long that I've lost track of my age!!

Votes: 66 1.9%

• Total voters
Originally posted by hbdragon88

He can play RoN at the school's computer lab? Wow. When I'm at the comptuer lab the most I can play is a quick 5-minute session of Kingsofchaos and then get off immediately to avoid getting chastised by the librarian.

He gets special treatment there from some of the teachers. The librarian, his teacher, and another one, I don't remember who, lets him do things that other fifth graders don't. He's a big history buff, and has been reading high school level history books for about two years now. RoN and Civ kinda tie into history, so instead of being jerks about it, they encourage it. I have seen him hold his own against a high school magnet honor roll student when talking history. So fortunately for him, his teachers see this and encourage it.

Originally posted by Turner_727

He gets special treatment there from some of the teachers. The librarian, his teacher, and another one, I don't remember who, lets him do things that other fifth graders don't. He's a big history buff, and has been reading high school level history books for about two years now. RoN and Civ kinda tie into history, so instead of being jerks about it, they encourage it. I have seen him hold his own against a high school magnet honor roll student when talking history. So fortunately for him, his teachers see this and encourage it.
Smart teachers and intelligent librarian exist : Turner_727 met some! Who once declared that video games were bad, all video games? That Sid's old magic (and why not to associate Briggs' RoN to it) should be used extensively as a fantastic pedagogical tool for History, Economics and many other topics. :king: So this thread will get on for ever : you would begin to play from the first grade until your very end:die:

I'm proud to say i'm in the 21-30 age range :) .......but only just :(

Everywhere I go I am constantly reminded of my impending big three-o.

Well, I'm pushing the 31-40 age bracket at 38. I've been playing since the Colonization days. My 11 year old son and I play MP almost every day. (When my honey-do list is short)

"Yes dear..I'll be right there...just one more turn...."

Originally posted by hbdragon88
This thread has been going on for too long. :eek: I think it's because it's still being advertised on the homepage.

Moderator Action: Define "too long". :p

New folks might still want to tell us a little about themselves. :)

--Padma

Absotively right Padma! This poll is relevent to all users, and since Civ Fanatics is still allowing new members, we latecomers should be allowed a chance to add our input.

Having said that, I started playing unnumbered Civ in 1991 -- the year after I got out of the military. Being female, I won't reveal my age (and don't bother looking at my profile, I declined to answer most of the questions). I've played all Civ versions and add-ons up to, but not including, PTW. No C3C ... yet. I did not add PTW because I heard (read) a lot of griping about its bugginess.

Another interesting thread might be "What do you do for a living?" or maybe "What are your days dedicated to?" to be fair to the school-aged and retired among us. Maybe I'll start that thread. I'd like to know what paths my fellow addicts have chosen (without having to click on every Profile button).

Originally posted by wilbill
You left out an important category:

" Wish I could lose track of my age."

Age 54.

guess i have more playing-time left then :p

The age class 21-30 is too wide. It should be 0-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26- 30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51...

Could someone recreate this topic..?

Originally posted by nova

Absotively right Padma! This poll is relevent to all users, and since Civ Fanatics is still allowing new members, we latecomers should be allowed a chance to add our input.

Having said that, I started playing unnumbered Civ in 1991 -- the year after I got out of the military. Being female, I won't reveal my age (and don't bother looking at my profile, I declined to answer most of the questions). I've played all Civ versions and add-ons up to, but not including, PTW. No C3C ... yet. I did not add PTW because I heard (read) a lot of griping about its bugginess.

Another interesting thread might be "What do you do for a living?" or maybe "What are your days dedicated to?" to be fair to the school-aged and retired among us. Maybe I'll start that thread. I'd like to know what paths my fellow addicts have chosen (without having to click on every Profile button).
If you create such a thread, please post it in Off Topic, not in Civ3 - General Discussion. ;)

Originally posted by AKauhanen
Could someone recreate this topic..?
You're kidding right?:D :lol:

Giao-long: WELCOME TO CFC! :band:[dance] [party] :beer: :sheep:

Only 1 month before this thread celebrates its 1-year anniversary.

Wish one of my threads lasted that long...

Originally posted by Shillen
This will probably get moved to off-topic.
Oh, the irony that here it is a year later in General Discussions. This is the second post in the thread.

While I'm here, might as well say it again. I'm 14, 15 in four months.

I'm 19.
Started back in 1994 with Civ I. Continued with Colonize, Civ 2 and now C3C.
Civ rulez, although I would love to see a sequel to Transport Tycoon soon.

Top Bottom