• 16-20

Votes: 719 20.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 1,192 33.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 739 20.9%
  • 41+

Votes: 424 12.0%
  • been playng so long that I've lost track of my age!!

Votes: 66 1.9%

• Total voters
I din't post when I voted, but better late than never.
I'm 17 and really hope I can have the sort of longevity that this game and thread has so one day I can reverse thos numbers and still be kicking.

I'm 20. This game appeals to me because there's so many ways you can play it. I've played all the so called great games like starcraft and counterstrike. Got good enough in those games to compete with really top players but they are mechanical and it becomes very routine. This game along with past civ games, games in similiar genre like galactic civ, and etc are much more intellectually stimulating and way more satisfying to win it. It's like a much longer version of chess.

I just celebrated my 55th birthday. :bday: My wife bought me C3C as a present.

BTW, I made a post on the first page of this thread.

Also 55, also a post on the first page, also a birthday since that first post. :) Ya' gotta love a thread with a life of its own!
Happy Birthday, YNCS.

Strictly speaking the lower age limit of this game is 3.

16 here

Originally posted by sausnebb
Strictly speaking the lower age limit of this game is 3.

16 here

Why three? Is that because a child younger than three would (a) have trouble manipulating the keyboard and mouse in order to control the game and (b) not fully understand what was going on?

No... Becuase it says 3+ on the box :D
Side note: I started playing when I was 3...

Originally posted by YNCS
I just celebrated my 55th birthday. :bday: My wife bought me C3C as a present.

Happy Birthday YNCS! I also got older since I posted in this thread, I am 33 now, also a "Schnapszahl" (something like "whiskey number", is there a similar term in english?)

I'm 59 and my daughter was just a teenager when I got Civ 1 on its initial release. We both still play and she is now 30.

I am 19 and I started playing Civ III in Dec 2003. I have not played Civ I or Civ II. My favourite game before Civ was Heroes of Might and Magic 4. Now I will never return to it. At least not before I have mastered Civ up to Deity. If that ever happens, I guess Civ IV will be ready by the time.

I started playing civ II when i was six, your never too young or old to play a top class game.

Originally posted by LoughlinNR
I started playing civ II when i was six, your never too young or old to play a top class game.

WELCOME
How that it took you so long to post over here ?;)

I'm....
.....really too old to be playing. I should be spending all that wasted time networking so I can make more RL money. :D
* ducks and hides underneath desk*
Ow! Ouch! ow! I'm sorry....

36 - well thats not too old is it - almost reached adulthood;)

I saw the first Civ and that led me to buy a PC a year later as I was so fascinated with the game. I bought another game at the time (Gold of the Americas-who remebers that:lol: )and ran it on my works computers, but we didn't have the power for Civ!

I'm 31 years old and I've been playing since Civ1.

I remember the days, when I conquered the world with a single chariot:king: .

After several longer breaks - several months - I always return to Civ and play it far too much (according to my wife :D )

I am new to this forum and I really like the way everybody behaves here(compared to e.g. battle.net), which shows that the average age of civ players is higher than that of some other games.

I definately do not want to say, that kids(teens) generally behave bad, but my experience on battle.net shows that there are such tendencies. I can't believe what you have to read there sometimes:nono: !

Maybe a little bit off the topic, but I wanted to point that out!!

i'm 29...it's a good age to play. I remember my first games in civ 1, it was all warmongery, now i prefer my cultural advisor

Top Bottom