• 16-20

Votes: 719 20.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 1,192 33.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 739 20.9%
  • 41+

Votes: 424 12.0%
  • been playng so long that I've lost track of my age!!

Votes: 66 1.9%

• Total voters
Raijer said:
:eek: :eek: A ghost from CFC days past!!

;) Good to see you again SB, miss your intense and informed presence.

I'll be 42 next month, and Civ is the only game I allow myself to play these days. I forced myself to choose one game, and Civ was the game.

Good to see you Raijer = I've PM'd you here several times as to my whereabout and am wondering if you'll ever respond. I'll do it again.

hey, I wanna know about your whereabouts too. :jump: You're posts played a critical part in making me join this forum

40 here and I've been playing strategy games since I was about 4. My father had some Avalon Hill wargames (Gettysburg, the really old version, and Afrika Corps). I started playing Civ2 way back a few years. I had Civilisation the AH boardgame and when I saw the Sid Meir Civ2 game I ordered it.

I started playing computer games on a Commodore 64. I then, eventually, stuck a crowbar in my wallet and got a real computer (486sx). I played a lot of Warlords and Warlords II. Finally, I got out the crowbar again and got Civ2. I also got Heroes of Might and Magic I&II (at the same time in the same box) and found out that a game I had been playing on the 486sx was the inspiration for those games (it was King's Bounty). Anyways, I have been playing CivIII since it came out, PtW once it came out, and C3C once it came out. As many people who have read and/or written in the Civ4 posts can attest to, I will likely get Civ4 once it comes out also.

I'm 18. And gee, no offence or anything, but i thought people got over computer games by about 30. It's great that I've discovered people who keep gaming into their 80s. It means i've got a long, and enjoyable, civ 3 career to look forward to.

29, got hooked with Civ 1, then Civ 2, then Alpha Centauri.

Kept on enjoying the strategic gaming with the games from Paradox (EU II, Victoria), got quite disappointed with Civ 3, but with C3C I have restarted playing Civ 3, now really enjoying it (C3C is quite what I expected Civ 3 to be... pity they have not kept the government system and the unit dessign from A.C., I was quite hoping to have "Bronze armour", "Swords", "Spears", etc... to make my units).

im 17 and ive been playing since i was 12. started out on civ2, then went through every incarnation of the great game (except civ1, before my time :D). civ2, ctp, ctp2, smac, smacx, civ3 and civ3c now! many a night ive realised i was still playing at 4am :D such is the addictiveness of the game, once you've started you can never stop! everyone remembers their first conquest...

I like this thread, you get to know what age everyone else is! I'm nearly 15, if you want to know. You'll have to check my profile to find when though! I'm glad there's a lot from my age group (259 at the time of writing this post). I can just imagine playing CivX (Civ10!!) with the state of the art technology. (in about 30-40 years!) lol

ah, ADMIN/MODERATORS - with the forum update, polls can now have the ability to show the names of the voters. can you edit this poll to show that? I'm sure we'd all like that! (maybe with the exception of the older people here!)

thnx :thanx:

I'm 28. The distribution is about right. ;) But I do get surprised to see there are people (kids) younger than 10 playing this game.

I guess more people at my age are playing because we have more time (finally, we don't have schoolwork to do after hours!)

Jamesds said:
ah, ADMIN/MODERATORS - with the forum update, polls can now have the ability to show the names of the voters. can you edit this poll to show that? I'm sure we'd all like that! (maybe with the exception of the older people here!)

thnx :thanx:

Maybe Thunderfall can, but I can't. Sorry. :(

I am 13 and started playing Civ 3 about four years ago, maybe three, I can not quite remember, it is sad that my memory is already failing :) Civ 3 is the only Civ I play. Whoever said that younger people never stick with a game for more than a few weeks, you are partially right, I stick with a game for a good month-month and a half ;) I always come back to the same four or five games but I go on binges were I will play one maybe two games religiously for a month or two, then move on to another game only playing Civ 3 and various other games sporadically, but nowadays I find these gaming binges becoming shorter and shorter, and myself playing a mix of games more readily as I get older. Not one of my games is a "shoot em' up" game, all nice peacable games, no , just masses of pixels stabbing at each other with pointed objects (made of pixels as well :crazyeye: ) Ever since I found a passion for history I have been drawn to Civ 3 more and more, it is now one of my favorite games. I plan on playing it till I am to old and senile to (and when will that be? Hmmm?).
:) :) :)

@GS- I am old, senile, geeky, Civ addict that is 39 now :eek: . But that
started about 5 or 6 years ago ;) . I too enjoy strategic games but do not
like the shoot-em-ups either :D and also like you I usually am stuck on one
game or another, but eventually come back to Civ. :love: . Civ is a GREAT
history tool for learning and teaching others :cool: .

20 years old here.

been playing since Civ2 on the PS1 which must of been a good 4-5 years ago.

and i hope to be playing this game long into my 30's :lol:

I'm 38, I've been playing Civ since Civ I way back when. It was one of the first pc games I ever played, and have I played it! I've played Civ I, Civ II, Civ III, Civ III PTW (what a disappointment that was when it first came out...), Alpha Centauri ( :yawn: ), Civ CTP (from before the law suit - also :yawn: ), Masters of Magic, and I also played the original Avalon Hill Civilization board game (these guys are the ones that should have won the law suit...), as well as the Avalon Hill Civilization computer game.

Top Bottom