• 16-20

Votes: 719 20.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 1,192 33.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 739 20.9%
  • 41+

Votes: 424 12.0%
  • been playng so long that I've lost track of my age!!

Votes: 66 1.9%

• Total voters
I'm 24. Nothing more to add to that :) .

i'm 23. by the way i 'm also intersted in the profession of civ player , namely what they do for a living.
i'm now a graduate student and am wondering whether there are some professors playing this game.. i hope so.. if not i am afraid maybe civ will be harmful to my career and i'd better quit. :(

is it justified to open a thread to ask about civ-players' profession?

For the 16- 20 age group, you know how much history I've learnt of civ is amazing. Especially civlopedia. Sadly I had never heard of Tokugawa or Bismarck till I got civ. When we talked about them in History last year, I knew the basics already. Just had to expand on it. Surprised that the average age is so high though.

Since my 21st birthday is comming up. Its makes sense to vote for 21-30 ;)

Yea, it's pretty intresting that the 31-40 year olds outnumber the 16-20 year olds. This despite that group being the predominant market that games are geared towards, since they makes up the largest percentage of gamers(although not nearly as lopsided as it was 5 years ago).

Originally posted by civilleader
For the 16- 20 age group, you know how much history I've learnt of civ is amazing. Especially civlopedia. Sadly I had never heard of Tokugawa or Bismarck till I got civ. When we talked about them in History last year, I knew the basics already. Just had to expand on it. Surprised that the average age is so high though.
That was an issue that I got Involve when someone made a thread and complaing about why Joan? Not Napolean :D
Why Bismarck not Hitler that we all know :D

I started playing on the amiga 500 back in 1991, i'm now 25 and still playing. Wish I never started playing though, eheh. Haven't played civ 3 as much as the other two, but civ 1, oh boy. I probably played that one for about 4 hours every day during atleast 4 years time or so.

I'm 30 going on 31 (too?) soon. Been playing Civ since '91.

Originally posted by davidcrazy
i'm 23. by the way i 'm also intersted in the profession of civ player , namely what they do for a living.
i'm now a graduate student and am wondering whether there are some professors playing this game.. i hope so.. if not i am afraid maybe civ will be harmful to my career and i'd better quit. :(

is it justified to open a thread to ask about civ-players' profession?

I wouldn't worry about it. It was my computer science teacher (in his 40's) who got me hooked on Everquest.

I'm 15, been playing civ since I was about 6 (civ1) :)
My parents think its a waste of time, but seeing that most people who play it are their age I should try and get them to play it.

I'll be 46 this June.

I've been playing Civ ever since a friend gave me his copy of Civ I when Civ II came out (don't remember the exact date, though).

I also liked playing "Colonization" and "Pirates" -- weren't those Sid Meyers' electronic offspring as well?

On my days off, I can spend anywhere between two and eight hours playing a scenario. I just bought the game (Civ III PTW) a few weeks ago, so I'm still at the "play until I realize I could be doing something different" stage. I'll start a game and play (off-and-on for several days sometimes) and then realize there's a better strategy, then I'll just start a new game and repeat the process.

I like the way that Civ III works better than II. With II, once I started getting into the modern era, it was more of a management game. Some folks like to micromanage -- I'd rather tell the game what I want, then get it -- if the game can't follow orders without being constantly watched and corrected, it's too much like work for me.

--SSgtBaloo

PS: Are there any "Colonization" or "Pirates" mods (that work)?

jeannie said:
I just turned 55 and I've been playing versions of CIV since 1996.

I'm 53 and have been playin Civ since about 1994. Also played a lot of the other Sid classics, Railroad Tycoon and Colonization.

Im 15 and to be truthful i dont think i will ever loose faith in civ games. Im going to be the next 50 year old playing civ 19 lol.

I'm 44 years old, so chalk up another one for the 'old geezer' column. My 12 year old son is also addicted to Civ, but my wife and daughters think its pretty silly. Sometimes when my son and I discuss the finer points of the game in detail they will perform mock suicides, etc., just in case we were unaware of their true feelings. But I also have a 2 year-old son who enjoys watching the battle animations (he calls out 'Go Daddy, go!) -- obviously a precocious lad!

34 years and no sign of stopping.

Sultan Bhargash said:
34 years and no sign of stopping.
:eek: :eek: A ghost from CFC days past!!

;) Good to see you again SB, miss your intense and informed presence.

I'll be 42 next month, and Civ is the only game I allow myself to play these days. I forced myself to choose one game, and Civ was the game.

Scrooge said:
Well, as I recall, Ernest Hemingway said
"We, men, never grow up"

So good God created the Other Sex :eek:

I'll drink to *that*

I've been into computers & strategy games since my high school days (mid 70's), where I took an introductory course in (BASIC) programming, my first program was a very primitive strategy game, then I discovered SPI, Avalon Hill & board wargaming then at the university I begun playing Empire & Xconq , by the time Sid Meiers Civilization (#1)) turned up I was already hooked on strategy games. My absolut favourite was Civilization The Board Game from Avalon Hill.

Own & tried: Civ-1, Civ-1 4 Win, Civ-2, Civ-2 ToT, SMAC & Alien Crossfire, Call to Power 1 & 2, GalacticCiv, Age of Empires + RoR, Age of Empires 2!
Like Civ-2 best so far.
Haven gotten around buying Civ-3 YET.

BTW I am 44 years young :D

Top Bottom