Total War is replacing Raid as a worse policy?

myclan

King
I know there's a historic reason because the policy of sack had gone. But still seems so stupid.

I'm actually interested in seeing if this increases the additional faith pillage reward you get from Grand Master's Chapel. If so could be pretty good actually.

Did they change the cards in R&F?
I had thought raid was double pillage yield from tiles, sack was double pillage yield from districts, and total war was just outright double pillage yield?
In which case, total war supersedes both cards by simply combining them.

I love to pillage regardless and slot these cards for short periods because they can reap much better rewards than say Military Research which is appalling in my view. I can pillage 4 mines in a turn for 200 science. That's paid for slotting Military research for at least 20 turns. Who has more than 10 seaports and military academies.

Did they change the cards in R&F?
I had thought raid was double pillage yield from tiles, sack was double pillage yield from districts, and total war was just outright double pillage yield?
In which case, total war supersedes both cards by simply combining them.
Yeah, sack and pillage are both the same card now. IMO that makes it actually worth using but makes Total War seem a bit silly.

This had actually slipped my notice since I rarely, if ever, slot either policy, but that is strange.

I know that they changed Martial Law to apply +2 Loyalty to cities with garrisons, so it is now differentiated from Propaganda, but at least slotting both of those did serve a purpose.

Total War was meant to be an upgrade, but now it's just a lateral/name change. :T Seems like an oversight.

It also reminds me that it seems somewhat silly that Civil Engineering still makes Limes obsolete, even though walls themselves are now made obsolete with Steel.

The text change is misleading, in the code they appear to do the same thing. It seems to be an artifact of merging Sack and Raid then forgetting to remove Total War.

Top Bottom