• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tourism as a plot yield - artwork needed

whoward69

DLL Minion
I'm going to need the Yield Atlas plot yield icons for tourism some time soon (eg yieldatlas.dds, yieldatlas_128_culture.dds and yieldatlas_128_faith.dds)

And possibly a new set of citizen icons - Tourist Guide

Examples attached, but you'll need to get the real .dds files out of the resource pak files to find the correct formats

EDIT: Just to be clear, I do not want the artwork (that I then have to mess about with), I want the correctly formatted and immediately usable .dds files

but just wondering, why is the current tourism icon not usable for this purpose?

Didn't realise it existed in the correct format for a plot yield (it needs to be one dds file with the 1, 2, 3, 4 groups and the 5+ super icon - all laid out correctly)

If there's already a dds in that format I'll just use that, but I couldn't find one

EDIT: Just to be clear, I do not want the artwork (that I then have to mess about with), I want the correctly formatted and immediately usable .dds files
I can provide you with the artwork, but I don't want to go hunting for the correct dds files either.

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking for the tourist guide:

If someone can provide the DDS files whoward is asking, I can also use the same muted brown color for the tourism yields.

Actually, if someone can find me the highest-res tourism icon I can hook you up with the tourism yields.

I also need to know what's the file(s?) for the citizen icons you need.

Can't find the tourism icon - it may only exist as a font icon (ie 22x22)

Edit: All font icons are here

Really? Not a single person in this "community" that can take the supplied files and make the required DDS textures?

As I said I'll make the textures. I couldn't do it today.

I do not know if it will be immediately usable as I never messed with UI icons before and don't know the exact requirements, but the graphic part will be done at least.

Really? Not a single person in this "community" that can take the supplied files and make the required DDS textures?
I'm happy to give it a try, just don't have time until in a few days (either tomorrow OR Friday). :(

EDIT: Ninja'd by Wodhann, I'll have him first dibs since he seems to have time earlier.

Better to have two files than none - and it's all good learning experience so never wasted even if duplicated

I'm going to need yield icons for Golden Age points as well (the gold diamond in the purple circle IIRC)

Edit: Tourism and GA Points can be two columns of the same texture sheet if it makes it easier. Each column will be 128x640 pixels

Here's the tourism icons; the coloring is based on krajzen's mockup here. Let me know if they suffice.

I'll look into GA points later (unless someone else jumps in first).

Attachments

• yieldatlas_128_tourism.png
    yieldatlas_128_tourism.png
    323.4 KB · Views: 184
  • yieldtourism64.png
    yieldtourism64.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 249
  • yieldtourism.zip
    12 KB · Views: 67
Here's the tourism icons; the coloring is based on krajzen's mockup here. Let me know if they suffice.

I'll look into GA points later (unless someone else jumps in first).

I guess it works, but it's not pretty. Is there no higher-resolution icon in the game to base it off, or would we need to get someone to re-draw it?

I made the tourism yields, with a 5 yield big icon to boot.

I don't know, however if the DDS works. If it doesn't someone can make one that does I guess.

Attachments

• tourismyieldatlas.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 61
I guess it works, but it's not pretty. Is there no higher-resolution icon in the game to base it off,

The only higher res suitcase in the game I can find is the one displayed as the notification icon when you become influential over another civ

@nutty and @wodhann - thanks for these guys - I'll load them up, and take some screen grabs of them later

Made an attempt at the golden age yields. Not super happy with the compression artefacts, so the attached archive contains one with and one without compression, try out both and see whether the compressed one looks acceptable in-game.

If you don't like the purple background, I can remove it/recolour it trivially, just say something.

The huge version looks a bit dodgy because I had to upscale it. I did some retouching by hand and I think it looks okay, but if not, I can look for alternate icons representing the "huge" version. Do you need a citizen icon as well?

The dimensions are 128x640, hope that is the correct size, if not, give me a shout and I'll fix it.

Spoiler Preview :

(uncompressed PNG)

@Wodhann: You need to fix your alpha channel, it still shows the hammer/anvil yields you used as base. I only noticed, because I almost uploaded my GA icons with the same issue and just caught it when I made the preview PNG. I dig the camera as "huge" version! :)

Attachments

• goldenage_yield.7z
    28 KB · Views: 55
Cheers for the GA ones - something else to check on the train commute home :)

Top Bottom