Tourism

The Great Prophet points actually makes sense... they just wanted to separate "founding a religion" from 'lots of faith'...which would mean rush to certain pantheons, etc. (everything that gives Great Prophet points also gives faith*, but lots gives faith without giving great prophet points)

*one exception is the policy card...but that goes obsolete anyways

Don't think they are giving it themselves....I think the great works in the theater square are doing that
I have seen in Marbozir's video that when he builds Acropolis, he immediately gets 8 tourism and he has no GWs at that time.

Well that should be better documented in the tooltips
It's possible that culture converts into (i.e. generates) tourism at a certain rate? (Similar how to 0.7*population = output in science).

Is there a single page, anywhere, that simply answers all these questions about tourism based on the LEt's Plays? Couldn't find this on Arioch

Is there a single page, anywhere, that simply answers all these questions about tourism based on the LEt's Plays? Couldn't find this on Arioch
I haven't seen anyone open the civilopedia page on tourism yet, despite some going for culture victories.

Marbozir hovers over the other civs in the tourism victory tab every now and then, this shows some number for tourism (which I couldn't derive directly from his tourism value and the multipliers in place) and it also shows tourism acquired over the course of the game. So apparently it is something you build up. This is also supported by the fact that Spain's domestic tourists and tourists visiting his country did not change when he captured 4 out of 5 Spanish cities. In the end he nuked most Roman cities, but the Roman tourists apparently didn't mind that and still happily visited his beach resorts.

Similar to civilization V culture seems to provide defence against enemy tourism but your own tourism also provide defence.

Unlike civilization V you wont get a hotel or airport which boost tourism in the late game instead wonders do give tourism from the get go.

Source for tourism are as far as I know: Great Works, Wonders. National Parks and Seaside Resorts.

Given that National Parks and Seaside Resort are basically spamable you can see why a large civilization will do much better in a culture victory then a smal civ, thus culture victory like all victories in civilization VI greatly favor the large civs.

National Parks are created with faith so faith is a very important resources if you want a culture victory.

It's possible that culture converts into (i.e. generates) tourism at a certain rate? (Similar how to 0.7*population = output in science).
I don't think so. Marbozir had +16 culture and got +8 tourism. The number would update if there were a conversion, when his culture output increased. But it only went up when he got a Great Work to +12. So it seems there's no conversion, Tourism is just an end product now. But we don't know all the modifiers to it right now.

Similar to civilization V culture seems to provide defence against enemy tourism but your own tourism also provide defence.

Unlike civilization V you wont get a hotel or airport which boost tourism in the late game instead wonders do give tourism from the get go.

Source for tourism are as far as I know: Great Works, Wonders. National Parks and Seaside Resorts.

Given that National Parks and Seaside Resort are basically spamable you can see why a large civilization will do much better in a culture victory then a smal civ, thus culture victory like all victories in civilization VI greatly favor the large civs.

National Parks are created with faith so faith is a very important resources if you want a culture victory.
How do you know that culture provides defence against enemy tourism?
Also, as I said, TSs give tourism right away, too.

Don't get Tourism confused with Tourists.

Tourism is a rate statistic like culture, you can produce X Tourism per turn.

You don't generate Tourists per turn, you simply have Y Domestic Tourists and Z Foreign Tourists that you have accumulated over time.

We don't yet know how Tourism turns into Tourists. I have yet to see a video where anyone has dug into this. I'm sure folks are correct that it is some comparison betwen your own Tourism/turn to every other civ Tourism/turn, with the modifiers that we already know about for having trade routes, open borders, etc.

As a wild stab, I'd say domestic Tourists might be a comparison between your own Tourism with the sum of all other Civs' Tourism. And your foreign Tourists are almost certainly based on a direct comparison of your Tourism vs the other Civ.

I would like to add that the Flight tech gives you Tourism from every tile improvement that produces Culture.

All the things that boost tourism in the early game come with other associated bonuses. Wonders are obvious. Religious relics give extra faith. Great works of writing/art/music give culture (for the civics tech tree). In Quill's museums in his Rome game I remember seeing him get some science as well.

I haven't seen anyone open the civilopedia page on tourism yet, despite some going for culture victories.

Marbozir hovers over the other civs in the tourism victory tab every now and then, this shows some number for tourism (which I couldn't derive directly from his tourism value and the multipliers in place) and it also shows tourism acquired over the course of the game. So apparently it is something you build up. This is also supported by the fact that Spain's domestic tourists and tourists visiting his country did not change when he captured 4 out of 5 Spanish cities. In the end he nuked most Roman cities, but the Roman tourists apparently didn't mind that and still happily visited his beach resorts.

LOL. Going to war with someone should really cause their tourists to stop coming to you for a while.

LOL. Going to war with someone should really cause their tourists to stop coming to you for a while.
Looking at modern wars, I'm not so sure...

Do you know how appeal works exactly? I read Arioch's site regard this. I know neighborhood provides housing based on appeal of tile. Seaside resort doubles the tiles resort in tourism. Indistrial zone and things like that reduces appeal. The site says that appeal also impacts city growth. But how?

Top Bottom