Trade deals

GimliLegolas

Chieftain
I've been used to trading luxuries for diplomatic favour, usually at the rate of 20DF plus a bit of cash for one luxury. In my present game however no one would give me more than 2 or 3DF. What is worse Trajan refused to give 3DF, refused to give 100 gold but then offers 41 gold per turn for 30 turns. Inexplicable.

Continuing I try to trade one citrus to Dido. She refuses 3DF, refuses 100 gold. I ask what she will give and she offers 15 gold plus 34 gold for 30 turns

Read on the forum - trade deals are screwed up big time right now and we're eagerly waiting for a hotfix.

\Skodkim

It certainly is messed up, I've been playing around with it and it is super-exploitable. some civs will give all their revenue per turn for 1 iron and then up to 96 gold for one iron (but nothing more for 2) and they will do it multiple times until they have no cash left

It's unplayable right now if you ask me. Hoping for a new patch today, but is'a all speculations so ar

\Skodkim

FXS doesn't normally do hotfixes, sadly. There was a lot of steam depot activity a couple of days ago though, but now it's back to almost no activety again. Hopefully that means a hotfix will come today. Or with a 'glass half empty' look at it, it means nothing, and we have to wait for the next real patch, sometimes in autumn.

edit: If the bug only was with trading with the player, it wouldn't be so gamebreaking, but since the AI do these overprized deals when the trade with other AI as well. I have run a couple of autoplay games and there you can see various AIs every now and then go broke.

They really can’t leave the game like this. For lols, I checked to see what an AI would offer me if I proposed to give them 20gpt. They offered 40gpt. Solid negotiating.

I have totally been taking taking advantage of (exploiting) this. I can offer 10 or more diplomatic favor and get pretty good gpt in return from Civs who have even denounced me due to grievances I have caused while expanding early. It has been preposterous, the type of funding I have been able to get with these trade deals.

You will still get bad trade deals if a civ dislikes you, that is the issue you are having.
In a way this poor implementation is helping the peaceful civs and this may have been an intentional change....a penalty for warmongers and promise breakers ... but the values are just OP for playing peaceful. The game is too easy now.
There are new log files that appear to show a more complex way each civ views you but I really got tired of all this secret ‘let’s not tell them how it works’ rubbish. You pay very good money and so deserve to know how a game works.

Yeah, the hotfix is alive :)

I expect many of us are still at work, but has someone had a chance to play a bit with Trades yet, since today's hotfix patch?

Somebody mentioned in the patch thread that the trades went back to the "cheap" side, in his experience... worrisome. Something like 30 horses for 1 GPT or similar...

Top Bottom