Trade routes are still buggy, perhaps.

Takagi Hiro

Prince
A caravan finishes its route, but despite a road between cities being built in the meantime, it still finds its old path more desirable... unless you reload on the turn it ends. It will then travel your new road.

No, don't tell me to go to GitHub. I don't have an account, and I'm not making one. Anyone's free to forward this over if they like. Just pointing it out.

A caravan finishes its route, but despite a road between cities being built in the meantime, it still finds its old path more desirable... unless you reload on the turn it ends. It will then travel your new road.

No, don't tell me to go to GitHub. I don't have an account, and I'm not making one. Anyone's free to forward this over if they like. Just pointing it out.

Why so grumpy? We deliver fun to you for free. You can't help us fix fun?

Why so grumpy? We deliver fun to you for free. You can't help us fix fun?
Not grumpy. I'm telling you that telling me to go to GitHub will yield no results. I don't mind helping, but I will do it here. I also help for free. Whether you want to accept it or not is your call.

I have OCD. I don't like making accounts for things that I will only use once or twice. You can call it an excuse, but it's real to me.

I'll hit it. I have a friend with OCD. I get it.

There's a little questionnaire thing. I'll file it, but can you slip me some anwers? :)

_1. Mod version (i.e Date - 4/23):_

_2. Mod list (if using Vox Populi only, leave blank):_

_3. Error description:_

_4. Steps to reproduce (optional):_

---------------------------
Supporting information:
Please note that you can attach .zip files by dragging-and-dropping them. If possible, zip up all supporting data and post that way.

1. Log files (always attach your Logs folder, located at My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5. Make sure you have enabled logging before experiencing an error! Go here to find out how: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482):

2. Save game (always attach a save that was made a turn before the error; located at My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/ModdedSaves):

3. CvMiniDump.dmp file (attach if experiencing a game crash. Located at Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V):

4. Screenshots (optional):

If you PM me bug reports with that format, I'll be happy to drop your bug reports in the proper slot.

Not grumpy. I'm telling you that telling me to go to GitHub will yield no results. I don't mind helping, but I will do it here. I also help for free. Whether you want to accept it or not is your call.

I have OCD. I don't like making accounts for things that I will only use once or twice. You can call it an excuse, but it's real to me.

Then we'll freely ignore this post. The reason for GitHub is so we have a single place to track all changes without having to track down 100's of messages in the forum. It's fairly simple and easy to do. If your too lazy to create an account, I'm too lazy to deal with fixing it. If it isn't fun, then there's always Civ Vanilla. This isn't how you do business.

Then we'll freely ignore this post. The reason for GitHub is so we have a single place to track all changes without having to track down 100's messages in the forum. It's fairly simple and easy to do. If your to lazy to create an account, I'm too lazy to deal with fixing it. If it isn't fun, then there's always Civ Vanilla. This isn't how you do business.

That's not how obsessions work. =/ If he has OCD, it's not about lazy, it's about the idea of multiple accounts being in his head the same way a person without OCD rolls a really bad argument through their head over and over again. Obsessions don't have reason, they just have nagging.

Anyway, if he PMs me bugs with the little report form, I'm willing to play messenger.

I'm with @Gothic_Empire on this one. Mental issues are not to be taken lightly and we should try to accommodate where possible. However if the OCD is only manifesting itself due to keeping track of multiple passwords and sites there are plenty of software tools around to eliminate that issue. I use LastPass which keeps all my passwords stored in an encrypted format online and all I have to do is visit the site and it logs on for me. I have dozens of sites that need password access and never once do i have to worry about them.

So, @Takagi Hiro, if that is the only hassle why not try to fight back against an insidious mental issue?

Spoken from one who daily battles with mental demons and assists others to also do so.

That's not how obsessions work. =/ If he has OCD, it's not about lazy, it's about the idea of multiple accounts being in his head the same way a person without OCD rolls a really bad argument through their head over and over again. Obsessions don't have reason, they just have nagging.

Anyway, if he PMs me bugs with the little report form, I'm willing to play messenger.

I think things get tossed around like headaches...You don't post complaints with the thrust of rudeness. If so, expect to get some pushback.

I think things get tossed around like headaches...You don't post complaints with the thrust of rudeness. If so, expect to get some pushback.

'Thrust of rudeness'?? I'm sure Takagi has been told many times in their life that they should magically be able to ignore the mental illness and do this or that thing by those of us lucky and fortunate enough to not understand how hard that is, and that Takagi was merely trying to cut that off before it happened.

I set out reading assuming that people do not intend rudeness as a default, but rather, more nuanced emotions that do not come through so well in text; frustration, exasperation, etc. The benefit of the doubt, at the very least, helps keep the mods from nuking threads. :lol:

The disorder of a person is first most its own problem to solve.
That person (and anybody else) should not expect that others have to (or will to) change their way of doing things just because it can't cope with the requirements the public (here the non-paid authors of this mod) have agreed on.

Regardless of his disease it doesn't make comment like " I help for free" to G who said he is doing this for free any less rude.

Just because you have OCD or other meme self-diagnosed disease doesn't mean everyone should bow down to you.

There's a little questionnaire thing. I'll file it, but can you slip me some anwers? :)

If you PM me bug reports with that format, I'll be happy to drop your bug reports in the proper slot.
Not a problem. Thanks for this, and thank you for the understanding. I'll send something your way next this problem arises (since I've already reloaded the game, I don't have the "before" of "before and after").

Then we'll freely ignore this post. The reason for GitHub is so we have a single place to track all changes without having to track down 100's of messages in the forum. It's fairly simple and easy to do. If your too lazy to create an account, I'm too lazy to deal with fixing it. If it isn't fun, then there's always Civ Vanilla. This isn't how you do business.
I was fully prepared for this post to go ignored, but this is not laziness; I do want to help. "Simple and easy to do" does not apply to me here. I won't argue with you assuming you don't understand the workings of OCD, but please trust when I say I'm not purposefully trying to be stubborn.

I'm with @Gothic_Empire on this one. Mental issues are not to be taken lightly and we should try to accommodate where possible. However if the OCD is only manifesting itself due to keeping track of multiple passwords and sites there are plenty of software tools around to eliminate that issue. I use LastPass which keeps all my passwords stored in an encrypted format online and all I have to do is visit the site and it logs on for me. I have dozens of sites that need password access and never once do i have to worry about them.

So, @Takagi Hiro, if that is the only hassle why not try to fight back against an insidious mental issue?

Spoken from one who daily battles with mental demons and assists others to also do so.
Unfortunately, that's not where the obsession lies. For me, it's all about some silly ritual to be "perfect and resourceful." Creating an account I'll hardly use is wasteful, and obviously the opposite of resourceful. If I were to create an account and not use it, I'd just constantly think "why did I create that?" Sure, the reason was "to help," but unfortunately it's just not enough for my thought-ridden head if after helping, it just sits there. Life's such a battle with this line of thought, but I am on the road to getting some counseling soon, so hopefully an expert can help me through. Been suffering nearly ten years now, and enough is enough.

'Thrust of rudeness'?? I'm sure Takagi has been told many times in their life that they should magically be able to ignore the mental illness and do this or that thing by those of us lucky and fortunate enough to not understand how hard that is, and that Takagi was merely trying to cut that off before it happened.
Thank you, and you are 100% correct. "Just do this, just do that..." If only they understood how I felt. When I try to explain it, I'm met with a rolling of the eyes. It's nearly always perceived as an excuse. Ignorance may be bliss, but it is troubling when you open yourself up to someone and they don't even attempt to understand. So, again, thank you.

The disorder of a person is first most its own problem to solve.
That person (and anybody else) should not expect that others have to (or will to) change their way of doing things just because it can't cope with the requirements the public (here the non-paid authors of this mod) have agreed on.
And I do not expect others to change. I am trying to help in my own way without the stress OCD brings. If the post went missed, it's a shame, but I am trying to help.

Regardless of his disease it doesn't make comment like " I help for free" to G who said he is doing this for free any less rude.
It did come off perhaps more bitter than intended, but it holds true all the same. I'm not paid to test and report bugs all the same that he's not paid to head the project as a whole. Contributions are unpaid; this is not a job (if it were a job environment, I would 100% be in the wrong, as jobs are an agreement two ways, and disorders explained to a manager). I am under no actual obligation, but it does not mean I do not want to help in my own way, stress-free.

Just because you have OCD or other meme self-diagnosed disease doesn't mean everyone should bow down to you.
Go away, troll.

Everyone needs to chill out.

Tagaki, I wasn't trying to attack your anxieties. However, your initial post (in the absence of medical context) smacks of an obscure stubbornness. In the future, rather than making a big deal out of what you are 'not going to do,' perhaps find a proactive and more positive means of helping (private messages, etc). Posting a message like that with no context is begging to rub people the wrong way.

G

Go away, troll.
Not everyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
Github is great at sorting out bug reports both for the submitter and the project owners. Refusing to use it is tantamount to admitting you don't want CBP/CBO/VP to be as bugless as possible. OCD/ADHD/LGBT/NBTG/GRIDS doesn't have anything to do with it.

Everyone needs to chill out.

Tagaki, I wasn't trying to attack your anxieties. However, your initial post (in the absence of medical context) smacks of an obscure stubbornness. In the future, rather than making a big deal out of what you are 'not going to do,' perhaps find a proactive and more positive means of helping (private messages, etc). Posting a message like that with no context is begging to rub people the wrong way.

G
Noted, but it's better to put it out there rather than you coming in and saying "hmm, hmm, interesting, please post to GitHub" and then leaving on a journey, never to visit the page again. I know you didn't mean ill, nor did I even remotely take it that way, but my intentions were not ill, either; I wanted to specify from the beginning that I was not going to be redirected to another site. Perhaps my words came out more blunt than intended, though.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
Github is great at sorting out bug reports both for the submitter and the project owners. Refusing to use it is tantamount to admitting you don't want CBP/CBO/VP to be as bugless as possible. OCD/ADHD/LGBT/NBTG/GRIDS doesn't have anything to do with it.
Oh, I guess you didn't hear me. That's okay. Everyone learns at their own pace. We'll just try again. :)

Go away, troll.

Looks like this conversation went into a direction much more personal than it needed to. The original topic was exhausted in the first five posts or so. Everything else onward are personal opinions that don't concern the mod and therefore don't really belong here. It's even worse that they served to escalate a conflict. No need for unconstructive conflicts here.

Top Bottom