And we can get these things:

Persia: Warrior Code
Germany: Warrior Code
Rome: Masonary, Warrior Code
France: Masonry
Japan: Warrior Code, Cemorial Burial
England: Pottery
Babylon: Cemorial Burial

i have heard people saying get iron working and the wheel first, i think we should, so we can settle the iron and horses.

Iron Working->The Wheel->Horseback Riding

I think that will be the best order for us. this allows us to see all the AA resources ASAP, and have the best AA units available rather quickly.

Research the wheel first, then go for horseback riding, i'm personally opposed to getting iron working so early, it is realatively expensive and I would rather get more techs in the first row like pottery. we should trade bw for wc, almost all the civs have it, so should we to even the playing field.

Nobody said:
i have heard people saying get iron working and the wheel first, i think we should, so we can settle the iron and horses.

I've been hearing that too...

I agree iron working is a good choice...

But the citizens of the DG will decide when they go to the polls... :goodjob:

We would never get Iron Working before the AI.

I prefer the Philsophy, Literature, or Currency paths.

if we don't get Iron Working and the Wheel first, then we should go Writing -> Philosophy and get Literature free, this allows us to get the Great Library

I agree with Black_Hole. The Philosophy-Literature is my favourite starting tech strategy.

greekguy said:
Iron Working->The Wheel->Horseback Riding

I think that will be the best order for us. this allows us to see all the AA resources ASAP, and have the best AA units available rather quickly.

I concur with greekguy

Writing, then Philosophy. With some luck (and max effort), we can get there first and grab the free tech (Literature). We then build the Great Library, and coast for a while.

Writing and Philosophy also have strong trade interest, getting those quickly will give us a couple of techs to trade for the resource techs.

Writing first!

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Writing, then Philosophy. With some luck (and max effort), we can get there first and grab the free tech (Literature). We then build the Great Library, and coast for a while.

Writing and Philosophy also have strong trade interest, getting those quickly will give us a couple of techs to trade for the resource techs.

Writing first!

-- Ravensfire

since we can only build 5 cities, we need to be able to see all the resources ASAP. we need to plan our city building around key resources, that includes luxs, iron, and horses. we need at least one supply of horses and iron each. if we go for writing, we may not be able to get the land. we may have already founded cities nowhere near resources or the AI might've beaten us to the land.

greekguy said:
since we can only build 5 cities, we need to be able to see all the resources ASAP. we need to plan our city building around key resources, that includes luxs, iron, and horses. we need at least one supply of horses and iron each. if we go for writing, we may not be able to get the land. we may have already founded cities nowhere near resources or the AI might've beaten us to the land.

Were never going to get the resource techs first. Even if we do, then Iron Working is the only one worth anything in trade. We'd be left with a huge tech disadvantage.

greekguy said:

The way you deal with this problem is either use the AI city which has the resources as the captured one; or destroy it, found a colony, and station offensive units to pick off any settlers wandering around it.

truckingpete said:
I've been hearing that too...

Scratch this...
I agree iron working is a good choice...

But the citizens of the DG will decide when they go to the polls... :goodjob:

I changed to get the Great Library..once we get there, we can relax for awhile...but it would be nice to see iron first or one of the first...

But I say the GL

-T n' T Minister

Top Bottom