Trade Term IV: Being Shylock For Fun And Profit!

My lanthorn doth the horned moon present.

My Landhorn doth the horned moon present?

I am the man ith moon do seem to be.

Honorable Minister SAAM

Please look into the trades for Navigation with the French and Chinese, and discuss them and poll them ahead of next turnchat. Newtons College will be built anyways in a few turns, so this is a very timely and strategic move, plus we got more luxuries than we need. We need Magellans badly to get that extra naval edge many call for.

Request to Ministers SaaM and Civman2004:
#1: France, Russia, and China now have Navigation. None, however, have ToG, Magnets, or Military Tradition. (Notes: MT gives the Russians their UU. Newton's will be completed in 4 if it stays in Odawara, so ToG on Turn 5 should be Safe. Russia won't deal for ToG.)

Just had to make it semi-official.

classical_hero said:
I would like to apply for the RBO office. For some Shapespear "Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo." It is the only bit of Shakespeare I can think off of the top of my head.

Shape spear??? :hmm:

Chieftess said:
Shape spear??? :hmm:
It must have been late when I wrote that. Since I don't drink coffee, that smilie is wasted on me. I did say it correctly the second time.

Honorable Minister Saam and the RBO,
I would like to point out a limited opportunity to sell Saltpeter to the Babylonians. There is currently a worker team building a road to the Bab's one source of Saltpeter. We have a chance now to sell them Saltpeter and thus make a profit on something they will not need for long. I have not loaded the save, so I cannot tell if there is or is not a real profit to be made.

MOTH said:
Honorable Minister Saam and the RBO,
I would like to point out a limited opportunity to sell Saltpeter to the Babylonians. There is currently a worker team building a road to the Bab's one source of Saltpeter. We have a chance now to sell them Saltpeter and thus make a profit on something they will not need for long. I have not loaded the save, so I cannot tell if there is or is not a real profit to be made.

Thanks for pointing this out, MOTH. You can be assured that we will looking into that possibility very soon.

I just need to get home and boot up the save game... :)

~Octavian X
Deputy Minister of something Shakespearean Mongering or other...:confused:

Honorable Minister,
We have large gpt trades expiring in 1 and 4 turns. I would like to suggest that Trade look into trading Military Tradition to our rivals in either 1 or 4 turns (or both). France will currently pay a huge sum for Military Tradition. If any of our rivals get it then they will sell to France mightly quick.

I would like to suggest that the trade ministry poll trades that can actually be done. It will save the Judicial Department alot of work in future.

Minister SaaM,

We will be having an emergency Turnchat on 16 November to possibly investigate foreign cities for Cultural problems.

I encourage you to devise plans for trade if you can reasonably do so. If you "need more time" the Main Turnchat will be on Saturday. We will have taken no more than 3 turns (my stated rule) in this Emergency TC, so don't feel like you are under pressure.

Top Bottom