• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Training game emphasizing trading - Emperor

Well, I didn't think we were gonna get to build it anyway, unless we timed a perfect prebuild. I say we don't make capturing it a priority, but if our neighbor builds it and we capture it, then :goodjob: . I'm thinking this is going to be a domination win if anything, since culture seems out the window because wonders will be harder and building libraries and universities for culture alone seems a waste. Also, a spaceship seems ambitious and on an arch map conquest could take a while. I think we should discuss some of our goals for the game so we can all be working towards the same thing from the get go and I really like the idea of us all playing the first 20 turns and comparing.

I also like the idea of us all playing the first 20 turns, I'll probably make some mistakes, but hey, practice makes perfect :mischief: .

Greetz Jurimax

I think we are pretty much. I know everybody hasn't given their oppinion on the game setting, but I think we should get this thing moving. I hope it is okay.

I will create 4 openings and post them here.

I also like the idea of having all playing the first 20 turns. Would it be an idea that just the trainee played the opening? Discussing 6 openings might be a bit overwhelming.

I think that we shouldn't go into much detail, something like the tech path chosen, direction of exploration, build order, etc...

The least number of saltwater tiles if capital is founded on the spot.
Cow and Wheat (Settler pump)
Has access to fresh water.

Conclusions:
Expansion phase: Settler Pump
Afterwards: powerhouse

Jurimax said:
The least number of saltwater tiles if capital is founded on the spot.
Cow and Wheat (Settler pump)
Has access to fresh water.

Conclusions:
Expansion phase: Settler Pump
Afterwards: powerhouse
all true, but those are quality related answers. Not the answer I am looking for.

The only thing different in start #4 that is not "quality related" are the national colors.

Nice catch, J-max.

Not knowing how the game assigns colors I can't draw much of a conclusion from it, however

:salute:, Rik. Good to see you back in the SG side. And we couldn't have asked for a better "examinator".

I was going to suggest that everybody play the first twenty, then we could pick the one we want to continue with. It will provide an opportunity for the "trainers" to get a quick evaluation of everybody's level of play.

Another suggestion I would like to make is that everyone preface their first turn log log with answers to these questions:

<Shamelessly cribbed from scoutsout:>

Since we're going to be playing this SG for a while, I'd like to know a bit more about my <teammates>. I don't care so much about skill level as style...and it doesn't really matter, I'm just trying to gain some perspective.

Here are some questions for my compatriots:

How would you describe your style of play? Builder? Warmonger?

What do you tend to seek first, military strength, commerce, production, or science?

Do you have preferred civ traits? (This is not intended to start a 'best civ' sub-thread...)

In warfighting, do you prefer to "blitz" or use a "combined arms" approach?

Do you have a favorite Age?

Jurimax said:
Our civ color is different...
meaning the Russians are in the game
:goodjob:
Bede said:
:salute:, Rik. Good to see you back in the SG side. And we couldn't have asked for a better "examinator".
:salute: It's always nice to play with Bede. Although technically I don't plan to play.
BTW I am still playing a SG; in LK75; huge world map Deity as the zulus.

@Bede
Carthage's main colour is brownish, it shares this main color with Russia so Russians will be in the game

Well of them all you can't argue with number 4. A cow, wheat, a river, and coastal. I never would have picked up on the color thing.

Edit: in answer to bede's question(s): I'm definitely a builder type player. No matter how hard I try I always end up waiting to attack until knights or cavalry and it never leaves me enough time or patience to go for conquest or domination victories. I usually focus on science over all else so that my tech advantages will keep me ahead of the rest. This obviously means that I usually play lower skill level, although I think I've finally kicked the warlord/chieftain and just dominate habit (but it can be fun). I've started realizing the benefits of each attribute, where I used to be a strict babylonian or persian. Because of this all my war has been blitzing, almost never any combined arms. Just build up huge amounts of cavalry and send them with riflemen or infantry following in behind to garrison the captured cities. This is why I want to start playing SGs, to learn new ways to play.

I like having Russia in my games....

Can't wait to get my hands on the start file.

Top Bottom