Translations

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
If you have a Civ version other than English, please consider this thread.

Temporary English

You can show current English text of the mods while playing a local language version of Civilization. The English text is sometimes more current than local translations. Open files in these folders:

/CiVUP - Civ V Unofficial Patch/Text/EN_US
/GEM - G&K Enhanced Mod/Text/EN_US

Change all <Language_en_US> </Language_en_US> in the Text files to your local language abbreviation:

Language_DE_DE
Language_ES_ES
Language_FR_FR
Language_IT_IT
Language_JA_JP
Language_PL_PL
Language_RU_RU
Language_ZH_CN

Translation

The steps to translate are simple:

1. Copy files.
  2. Replace text.
  3. Email me the files (click my profile name -> email).

1. Copy Files

Look at the mod files located here:

/Civup - Civ V Unofficial Patch/Text/EN_US
/Gem - G&K Enhanced Mod/Text/EN_US

Copy the /EN_US files to your local folder:

2. Replace Text

In each copied file, replace the "..." English in these sections with the local language:

• <text>...</text>
  • text="..."
Do not replace words in < > [ ] { } brackets like [ICON_FOOD] or {1_string}.

Each file also has 2 occurrences of Language_en_US, one at the top and bottom. Replace each with your local language, such as Language_RU_RU. When you finish, the translated text should appear when you start the mod in Civilization. JTranslator (download here) might be a useful tool for translations.

3. Send Files

Please email me the translated files (click my profile name -> email) and tell the language you translated. I will include your work in the project, with credit to you. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Translations.PNG
    Translations.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 2,523
Hey thal, I sent you the help file, translated into french, I'll try and do the tip file some time tomorrow.

Some additional tips for anyone updating translations...

Download WinMerge from winmerge.org. It's a free file comparison utility. Use it to compare the Language_en_US files with their local-language equivalent. Any differences in the Tag="TXT_KEY_SOMETHING" entries will be conveniently highlighted.

You can also use it to compare en_US files from one version to the next to see what has changed.

"IF" Firaxis releases a new patch for Civilization 5, my intention is to translate the MOD in French.
Same goes for the next expansion pack "Gods & Kings".

Just be patient.
It will be an easy task for me.

:)

"Si" Firaxis sort un nouveau correctif (patch) pour Civilisation 5, mon intention est de traduire ce MOD en français. Il en sera de même pour l'expansion annoncée, "Gods & Kings".

Soyez patient.
Ce sera une tâche facile pour moi.

:)

A patch was confirmed yesterday, to be released around the time G&K comes out.:)

MOD's translation in French (Gods & Kings expansion).

June 25 (100% done)

Traduction du MOD en français pour la nouvelle expansion (Gods & Kings).

25 Juin (100% effectué)

July - 10 French characters are not showing correctly. 2 files were sent but never added. I don't continue to translate the MOD. Thank you. Broken. Not my fault.

I think this mod is great.

I am willing to do a Chinese simplified translation for the localisation file.

Pls advise whether all the text files under the "en_US" are being used for CIVUP mod only.

I have sent all the translated files to your email.

Thx again for your attention and effort in modding.

@Toys®Us
I did add the files you sent each time. Is it still an encoding problem? The latest batch of files appears to be encoded correctly... at least, I'm able to load it in modbuddy without an error message, and the extended characters appear to show up okay. It's difficult for me to test it directly ingame, so I rely on your help in getting this working.

Please keep in mind that with software programming, nothing ever works on the first attempt. It takes several attempts to get bugs worked out. We've gotta have patience. :)

I did add the files you sent each time.

Before, it was written: <!-- Translation by Toys®Us -->
The last 3 files sent with the fix included: <!-- Translation by ToysUs -->

You see the difference? Open the latest version 18 yourself. You still use the wrong translation.
Now, look here:
HTML:
http://webdesign.about.com/od/localization/l/blhtmlcodes-fr.htm

You're not supposed to see if you use notepad, as an example, the letter é. Six symbols instead.

So... you want the latest translation, or not ?

I'm doing my best to fix the problem; please be patient. The files look like how you say they should. It might be an issue to with the publish mod tool, which I've encountered problems with before in recent weeks. I'll try some things to see if I can get the proper version up.

I copied core.xml from
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civ V Unofficial Patch (GK) (v 36)\Text\en_US
to
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civ V Unofficial Patch (GK) (v 36)\Text\DE_DE
and translated the text.

But I can not see any translations in the game!

I also tried modifying the English version, also no effect. I also deleted all files from \My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache and restarted the game, still no changes visible in the game.

Thal, I will send you my core.xml by mail. Would be great if you could help soon!

If you modify the English version changes should show up ingame. Do you have just one copy of the mod installed in the mods folder?

If you send me the files I can get it into the game. :)

I am working with your project in Modbuddy now, but I need help once more:

The project is in
C:\Users\Clausewitz\Documents\My Games\Mod-Projects\Thalassicus-gem-9cd3522

When I publish it, the modinfo file is created and everything is copied to
C:\Users\Clausewitz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\G&K Enhanced Mod (v1.6.12 Beta) (v 1)

Is that correct? If so, how can I keep up to date with your updates? The way I understand it, my files override the files in the MOD-folder whenever I publish....

I have started to translate your mod to spanish ES_ES

Is there any problem to do it on the github account? are you using it?

I have forked your git project and I'm changing the sql files with the translations in "gem/Gem/GEM/Text/ES_ES/". It's ok if I do that way? or I have to download de Modbuddy only to do this?

If I can only change the languajes sqls and make a pull request, for sure I will upload all the translations, cause I can access the github account everywhere.

If you are ok with this little help to your mod, and if you still need a spanish translator, I will do it :)

thanks for your great job

I have started to translate your mod to spanish ES_ES

Is there any problem to do it on the github account? are you using it?

I have forked your git project and I'm changing the sql files with the translations in "gem/Gem/GEM/Text/ES_ES/". It's ok if I do that way? or I have to download de Modbuddy only to do this?

If I can only change the languajes sqls and make a pull request, for sure I will upload all the translations, cause I can access the github account everywhere.

If you are ok with this little help to your mod, and if you still need a spanish translator, I will do it :)

thanks for your great job

Hi, I'm Translating this to spanish too, but it is a lot of work if you want we could work together, visit this new post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=484767
because this one is "deprecated" and there is a new form to translate the text with sql format.

Si algo mi correo es jairoalonso25@gmail.com, me dices y nos ponemos de acuerdo para traducir por secciones y que nos rinda ;)

Hi, I try to translate the unofical patch in french. I do all what you write, but it's not working. All my translate are not effective in the game.
Are is a manipulation to do and I miss?

Thanks

Bonjour, je tente de tranduire le patch non officiel. J'ai effectuer toutes les opérations indiqué dans ce post, mais san résultat. Toutes les traductions faites ne sont pas prise en compte dans le jeu.
Il y a t-il un oublie de ma part quelques part?

Merci

Hi, I try to translate the unofical patch in french. I do all what you write, but it's not working. All my translate are not effective in the game.
Are is a manipulation to do and I miss?

Thanks

Bonjour, je tente de tranduire le patch non officiel. J'ai effectuer toutes les opérations indiqué dans ce post, mais san résultat. Toutes les traductions faites ne sont pas prise en compte dans le jeu.
Il y a t-il un oublie de ma part quelques part?

Merci

You have to edit Options.sql file locate on civup mod folder and search for this line:

INSERT INTO Civup (Type, Value) VALUES ('LANGUAGE', 'EN_US'); and change it for FR_FR

That´s it.
Remeber this Post is deprecated and the new way to do translations is located here
PD: I suggest you do a fork of the repository on github and you add the changes of your language so that other users can modify or correct errors. ;)

Top Bottom