Translators' Thread

I'm translating the files on my My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BAT Mod 2.1\Assets\XML\Text folder.

Thanks.

Hmm, that's a problem. Many changes have been made since BAT 2.1. It would spare a ton of work if you could use the files from SVN instead because they are always up to date. That would make it much easier to merge your translations into the repository.

Agreed. And if you want to avoid using TortoiseSVN to access our code repository (SVN), you can easily grab the latest files from here. Just click the file you need and then the "download" link next to the first revision (for the latest file). Then save the file you get and modify that.

When you've got a file or two to submit, email them directly to me (emperorfool at gmail dot com), and I'll put them in.

I'm confused. The people have the files that comes into the installable, as I assume :confused:

I suppose the files on http://civ4bug.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/civ4bug/trunk/CustomAssets/XML/Text/ are the ones that will be added on a new update, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm a little delayed because of the earthquake in Chile, one of our neighbor countries, and we are working on solidarity coordination (sorry, it's late and my brain can't focus on write english well)

A question: is there a way to download all of this files with only one click?

EDITED: I understand (as i said, I'm tired) in this repository are the files updated by all of the translators.

Please take the time you need to help the people of Chile. My parents were there on vacation and flew out of Santiago International Airport at midnight. The earthquake struck three hours later! Luckily they landed in Dallas having no idea what had happened. So my heart goes out to the people there and my thanks to everyone that is helping with relief efforts. :goodjob:

Those files you see are the files we modify when doing work on BUG. It is what we call a code repository (like a bank depository), and it tracks the changes we make on the files. It allows us to go back in time to see previous versions. Normally to access those files in an easy manner you use an application that speaks the language of the code repository (Subversion), much like your browser speaks the language of web servers (HTTP). This application allows us to grab all the files that have changed since the last time we updated.

Using a tool like TortoiseSVN is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but it can be a little daunting at first. We have instructions on the very first post of the Download thread as well as here.

However, I've attached the latest contents of that folder, and you can use these files as a base. I can easily apply your changes "back in time" and then move them into the present. It's magic! :D

Well, I'm short of time, but I translated the Advanced Combat Odds Options.xml file, extracted from your Text.zip file.

I installed TortoiseSVD, I see the files, but I believe it is a tool only to download it, not for comprobation, isn't it? (I suppose it's not the tortoise but the server, but it's too slow :D)

Anyway I'm sending you a mail with the subject: "Spanish BUG translation" (just in case it will go to the junk folder)

Avast hasn't detect problems ;)

TortoiseSVN does allow us to "commit" our changes to the code repository, but we keep it private for obvious reasons. ;) Thanks, I got your email and will push them into SVN this weekend. :goodjob:

If I translated it into Swedish would you incorporate it? Or is that only possible with English, Spanish, German, Italian and French?

Muy bien! Me quiero ver a los colaboraciónes en la communidad. Ay, mi español es tan mal. :(

Well.... I know my english is bad, but your spanish is not too good :lol:

In fact, I don't understand you:

Me quiero ver a los colaboraciónes en la communidad, can be somehing like I want to see the collaborators in the community (Quiero ver a los colaboradores en la comunidad) or I want to know this collaborators (Quiero conocer a los colaboradores) or I want to know the collaborations of this community (Quiero conocer las colaboraciones de esa comunidad). Anyway, my english is not so good as I want :( :lol:

Muy bien! Me quiero ver a los colaboraciónes en la communidad.
Isn't it ... "very well, my band of collaborators will now plan to overthrow this community" ... ?

Me quiero ver a los colaboraciónes en la communidad, can be somehing like I want to see the collaborators in the community (Quiero ver a los colaboradores en la comunidad)

I meant, "I love to see collaborations in the community." In English I would have written that as, "I love seeing community collaboration."

If I translated it into Swedish would you incorporate it?

AFAICT the DLL must be compiled with the knowledge of the languages (at least how many). If someone knows otherwise, I'd love to include more languages. There is a Russian translation of BTS, but IIRC it replaces one of the existing languages.

I meant, "I love to see collaborations in the community." In English I would have written that as, "I love seeing community collaboration."

OK. You can say "Amo ver colaboraciones en la comunidad". This is very literal and any person who speak spanish can understand you. You can say "amo ver la colaboraciones de la comunidad" which is less literal but more usual (the meaning is not exactly the same, it means something like "I love to see the community collaborations")

The same sentence can be written in several ways and may vary with the country. In Argentina we say: "me encanta ver cómo colaboran los pibes" :lol: ("los pibes" is argot, it means "the kids") or more academic: "amo ver las colaboraciones de la comunidad", but is less common, an "intermediate language" could be: "me encanta ver cómo colabora la comunidad" which is almost literal, but very argentino, the expression "me encanta" (something like "I like very much") is almost not used outside Argentina. :scan:

Well, as you can see, I am giving spanish lessons in a truly poor english :crazyeye: :lol:

AFAICT the DLL must be compiled with the knowledge of the languages (at least how many). If someone knows otherwise, I'd love to include more languages. There is a Russian translation of BTS, but IIRC it replaces one of the existing languages.

Ah, okay. Well, I'll just continue translating in my own pace (which is very slow due to all my school stuff). When I'm done I'll contact you again I suppose.

Top Bottom