TreeGrowth

Last time I used this Mod it basically chose an area and started populating it with trees. It was always in the same area. Has this changed? Does it put trees all over the map and not just in one place?

Perhaps it was just the map I was using...

Last time I used this Mod it basically chose an area and started populating it with trees. It was always in the same area. Has this changed? Does it put trees all over the map and not just in one place?

Hmm the last version only informs you if a new forest is in your area grown. So i dont know if a forest will grow in a different area. But i never noticed was you mentioned .
You can use the IGE do glance at the map to see if it grow

I just love people who don't read the whole thread... damn it I'm one of them! Just ignore this post please!

There is a line missing in the mods ingame.xml

The line is:

<LuaContext FileName="Assets/UI/InGame/Popups/ChooseFreeItem" ID="ChooseFreeItem" Hidden="True" />

this basically breaks the game if the player ever gets a free great person.

Otherwise great mod, love it to splinters!

Just a word of advice:

This mod seems to be incompatible with Gods and Kings.

It seems to work alright, but as soon as your civ develops enough faith to found a pantheon, the round lightning bolt (found pantheon) icon will not show up in your turn messages and you will be unable to pick a pantheon or progress further in the game.

Perhaps the 'new tree growth discovered' and 'found pantheon' messages/buttons are conflicting?

Just a word of advice:

This mod seems to be incompatible with Gods and Kings.

It seems to work alright, but as soon as your civ develops enough faith to found a pantheon, the round lightning bolt (found pantheon) icon will not show up in your turn messages and you will be unable to pick a pantheon or progress further in the game.

Perhaps the 'new tree growth discovered' and 'found pantheon' messages/buttons are conflicting?

Any update or confirmation on this?

\Skodkim

Any update or confirmation on this?

\Skodkim

Played two games with it, and i dont get any information if this works. Normally i have to notice that some forest expand, Normally i play large and huge maps but no signs if this will still work.

Played two games with it, and i dont get any information if this works. Normally i have to notice that some forest expand, Normally i play large and huge maps but no signs if this will still work.

Thanks for the reply!

What about the bug Elgalad posted - have you experienced that?

\Skodkim

Thanks for the reply!

What about the bug Elgalad posted - have you experienced that?

\Skodkim

I have noticed some bugs, but i was not sure if this was troubled by tree growth.
The big bug was, that the spy button was not there and i cant select religion and spy overview from the menu. I can still use both features when i get a message and hit the icon. I thought this was triggert by "Dale Kents Advanced Civs Ranking Popup". So i started a new game without this Mod and tree growth, and all works fine.

I updated this nice mod for G&K.
First time I mod Civ5...Anyways, it is ready to be uploaded to the Workshop, however, I haven't tried to contact the original author Bhruic since his profile shows no recent activity.
What should I do then? Go for it, or try to contact him, or what else?

Answer is there: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=455115
So I will upload this mod soon, and give credits to original author of course.

Thanks for updating, this one of the little mods that i really missed.:D

It works only with G&K I think ( I haven't tried Vanilla and I don't plan on it).

About incompatibility, any other mods using InGame.xml will conflict (unless the files are merged, ie: most likely a few lines to add from one Ingame.xml to another one).
About the Notification Panel, I am still using the old method of replacement, instead of using the "Custom Notifications" module which was posted in these forums.

Why this? Because I need time to digest the info, once done, this should be the first thing on my To Do list: not using InGame and Notifications replacements.

Note: the only mod I found which was using an InGame.xml file, is "Heroes of the Three Kingdoms (v 12)" module on Civfanatics (which is not posted on Steam Workshop).
I am about to test TreeGrowth with other mods firing up some notifications, and see if it works.

Last but not least, please bare with me, this is the 1st Civ module that I'm working on.

Side note question: I am about to try JHW Random Events SP (v 6), what's its status with G&K and last patches?

Side note question: I am about to try JHW Random Events SP (v 6), what's its status with G&K and last patches?

I haven't used the Random Events mod in a long time and definately not since the release of G&K. It was abandoned since A) Thal included it (in a modified version) in his mod (as the "opportunities" module) and B) I have neither the time or skill to maintain and develop it. I have no idea if it works but I would actually be surprised if it did. Sorry for the "negative" repply. :p

Concerning ingame.xml there's been a lot of reports about it causing bugs earlier on - as I recall it it prevented you from selecting free great persons from techs/wonders/policies, ... I don't know if it works now (since G&K) but it would be interesting to hear your conclusions.

\Skodkim

I just tried a game with it, and I was able to pick a Great Person.
Next test: to see if it clashes with other mods using the Notification system.
Any suggestion about a G&K mod doing just that? I can't find one to test...

I updated this nice mod for G&K.
First time I mod Civ5...Anyways, it is ready to be uploaded to the Workshop, however, I haven't tried to contact the original author Bhruic since his profile shows no recent activity.
What should I do then? Go for it, or try to contact him, or what else?

Answer is there: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=455115
So I will upload this mod soon, and give credits to original author of course.

will this work with Mac G+K
could you upload the file here so I can use it for Mac? Wokrshop doesn't work with Mac =(

@skodkim: pasted from the Steam Workshop page at
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=89674666&searchtext=

- added compatibility with basically every mods, except the ones which use the "Custom Notifications" module. I think there's only one such mod in the Steam Workshop, and it's "Civ V Unofficial Patch (GK) (v 34)". And there's another one at Civfanatics, it's "Emigration". At the moment, I am trying to make it 100% compatible with everything.

@jgoasrec: try this link for Mac support: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=451941

I have upload the mod as RAR and ZIP files.

Top Bottom