1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Trial Poll: People vs Chieftess, Part II

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by FortyJ, Feb 18, 2003.

?

What is your verdict?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2003.
  1. Guilty

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. Innocent

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Abstain

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

President Chieftess has been charged with violating this law. How do you find?

Please vote Guilty,Innocent, or Abstain. This poll will remain open for 72 hours.

Charge: Violation of CoL.D.1.E
    Code:
    [b]Code of Laws[/b]
    [b]D.[/b] The Legislative Branch
        [b]1.[/b] The Senate (Governors)
            [b]E.[/b] A governor organizes tile development his [SIC] province.
    The entire quote and relevant discussion can be found here.

2. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Guilty as charged. CYC has presented me with the evidence and it is clear that Chieftess commited this felony.

3. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

If you are simply going to state which way you voted, don't post here.

4. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Why not we do it all the time in our polls!

I voted guilty.

5. eyrei

Moderator Action: That will be 3 days for ignoring a moderator warning and attempting to mock a moderator.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

6. Eklektikos

Eklektikos Eponymous

Maybe now would be a good time to ask what (if anything) we are allowed to post here?

7. eyrei

If you have new information or a new argument, please post them. If you are simply going to say who you voted for, and/or attack those who voted differently from you, please don't.

8. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

CT clearly did her job as part of the presidents job is to:

She did what she was suppose to. So I voted innocent.

Edit: Would this be considered as new information or which way I voted?

9. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Hmm, after looking through the Consitution. In fact Chieftess does have the right to Organize worker activities. This, IMO Conflicts with the Govenor's rights on Violation of CoL.D.1.E. I view CoL.C.1.G. as an overriding action that give the President the right to use the worker as he/she sees best

10. Goonie

I would also like to ask what we are allowed to post here. I see people posting all the time which way they voted in polls. I am confused. :confused:. Is there something in the three books that forbids us from posting our vote in polls?

11. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Eyrei also told us what we are allowed to post here.

Also nothing in the three books forbids us.... The mods do.

12. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

New information. Please, let's be real here. That's what the PI threads were for. Just because some people refused to speak about the issue in the propoer manner (through the PI thread) doesn't mean they should get to spam this poll. If we can't say how we voted, then we shouldn't allow all this spamming either. This just shows how useless little boy boycotts really are.

13. Goonie

I dont understand. If the three books doesn't forbid, why shouldn't we post. There is no forum rule against it.

14. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Actually.... The mods can do anything they want to really... If TF doesn't like it then he'll do something about it. I believe it says somewhere in the rules that you are to respect mods and there decisions, but a quick skim just brought me this:

So take it up with TF if you have a problem.....

Also I relize this is a spammy post.... but I'm trying to explain to goonie about this ;)

15. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: I normally wouldn't do this, especially since I'm involved in this 'debate', but, I'm speaking as a moderator. Goonie, when a mod tells you to do something, listen. Don't argue, or you'll end up being banned. Same goes for everyone else. No further discussions. If you have any questions, take it up in a pm.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

16. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

*sigh* so we go thru that situation again *sigh*

btw: you forgot to say that you can still complain at sitefeedback forum or notify TF, our supreme god, about when you feel you were wrongly treated.

finally, you sound like this forum is a true dictatorship, which is not so (hopefully)

17. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Moderator Action: Folks, we are at a tense time right now. Tempers are high and we (your loyal moderators) are simply trying to keep the flames from getting out of control. Normally we would not dream of stifling free speech (we actually get ragged quite frequently for our "relaxed" moderating style in these forums) but we must maintain control while we steer through this difficult passage.

Respect eyrei's directive, take heed of Chieftess' advice and rest secure in the knowledge that we will get through this challenging time soon.

If anybody still has questions or comments on any of this, PM me instead of continuing to spam this thread.

18. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

As I did in the other poll, I will close this trial poll. Chieftess is officially guilty of violating CoL.D.1.E. This trial will now move to the sentencing phase.