• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

TROLL - October 31, 2006

thank you for the unit. I will use him as one of the barbarians. The installation instructions and complete sound package make him very easy to use for me.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Great unit Bjorn. I'll have to watch for him next time I cross a bridge....
Here is CNN reporting live from the Golden Gate Bridge.
Traffic has been stuck here for more than an hour. Apparently there is a troll hiding under the bridge, demanding gold from anyone wishing to cross.
The National Guard is been informed and is on it's way here as fast as they can.

:smoke:

Not only you got my vote for the completion, but I'll also use your... er... lovely troll in the Midgard mod upgrade! It's sounds are also a very strong point.

Important - fix your ini! (you've specified troll_Run.flc as the default animation)

Yorgos,
Thank you for the kind words. Thank you very much for the vote, I do appreciate it.
And, of course the bug report is extremely useful!
I'm glad you liked the sounds, I had alot of fun making them. The

I have fixed the file that is linked in the first message. The ini is now correct. For those the have already downloaded it, just change the Default reference in the INI file.

To everyone, I am just overwhelmed by all the kind comments. I never thought a troll would get such a warm welcome!

The first death animation is the one I use. But, I figured the other two might be useful in other mods where it might be used as a troll, ogre, orc or misc ugly green dude.

Thunderfall, thanks for the kind words in the unit database and the 5 star rating.

Hey Bjornlo: Great Unit!
And your narration is even better!
You ever thought about writing us up a story or something?
Wha'd you guys think? Should Bjornlo write us a bed-time story?
Come on Bjornlo, write us a story. Please... oh please, oh please.
If you don't, I'll be forced to do some undignified begging.

Azmorg said:
Please... oh please, oh please.
If you don't, I'll be forced to do some undignified begging.

More undignified than that?? Hmmmm...

Bjornlo, I played with him in game, and the death where he turns to stone looks incredible...I am agast...possibly the best unit since aaglo's flying carpet IMO

Spacer One,
wow thanks!

Azmorg,
bedtime story would be right.
Google "msdn.microsoft.com wia" without the quotes and you will see several hundred pages I've written. All but guarenteed to put you to sleep.
Alternately you could go to the library and dig through some old "college crowd" poetry periodicals from the 80's and you'd find a bunch of bad poems that somehow ended up being published.
I'm glad you liked the intro text on the unit. I had some fun with it. I basically thought, ok if one were to become a troll what would be ones motivation. I could expand it I suppose, but I would have to get more of a theme and plot than a simple introduction to the concept of turning into a troll.
I'm pleased you guys enjoy watching him turn to stone. It was an idea from Vuldacon that put me on the right track. He is also the fella that got me to think more about how to precisely match the sound and the animation. I think it just is more fun if the footstep happens as the foot hits the ground, and that the sounds and animations both are a good fit for the model.

ps: completely off topic (but it is my thread, so...)
Spacer One (or anyone else in the know) what is the Ramones song that begins with a ringing phone?

Plotinus said:
Of course, if you kill him, his mother will just come round to complain.
Dang those pesky sea hags!

I love the nut scratch. How funny.
Are you really going to do a animation where he eats the other guy?

I'm a Homestar Runner Fanatic. I viist the site atleast 7 times a day.So I know a multitulte of slightly approrpriate toons to link to for most sistuations.

Oh, and Bjorn:
Two Words

wow. so many super units on here. This one caught my eye because my grandma always told me about these toll things. If you do another one, can it have trees growing on it?
the animations are just wild for this thing. It moves and sounds like there is really a horrible little monster released in my game. Just too cool.

ps: got my vote and my thanks.

Thanks guys.

To answer your question Ringo, no I am not actually planning on doing such an animation at this time.

Hagar, (is Horrible a slang for Sammy, ba-dum-baa)
I don't know about the trees, I have seen plenty of images like that... and with tails too. But I just wanted something a little meaner.

Ok thank you for your reply. Congratulations on winning the best unit contest.
It took me a while to get the joke with sammy hagar = horrible hagar.

Top Bottom