True Start Location Earth Maps

Sorry Dale, I didn't notice that you were not planning to make any changes at all to the maps. I remembered reading that you did not want to spend all the time adding individual resources but I thought since it was the first version, some start location changes could take place. My hope was simply to provide you with some feedback on why present-day Mecca would be a good Arab start location, based on the knowledge I have as an Arab and a Muslim.

As I emphasized before, it is a great mod and I appreciate the time you spent. I think both Ick and I were just trying to be helpful, although he was a bit more direct with his thoughts.

I'm happy to hear that you're working on Civ 5 mods. You made several important ones for Civ 4 that really improved gameplay.

Sorry I was a bit narky in my reply. :)

Basically what I was trying to say was that I think my modding time is better served by helping to expand information on how to mod Civ5 and providing examples on the hub for other modders, than doing something everyone will be able to do once I write the world builder tutorial. :)

Basically what I was trying to say was that I think my modding time is better served by helping to expand information on how to mod Civ5 and providing examples on the hub for other modders, than doing something everyone will be able to do once I write the world builder tutorial. :)

This is an absolutely fair point.

Teaching others what they'll need to know is one of the best ways to ensure that there will be an active (and capable) Civ 5 modding community.

when you do a patch add 28 city state to huge earth
and give space betwen them
please and thank you

This is an absolutely fair point.

Teaching others what they'll need to know is one of the best ways to ensure that there will be an active (and capable) Civ 5 modding community.

Give a man a fish, he east for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for life. ;)

I just found out if you wish to earn Steam achievements off these maps, move the map files to ..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Maps\

If you play a map from a mod Steam achievements are disabled. :)

Sorry for my English I'm French.
Very good mod.
But the Arab civilization is poorly located.
How to change the location, thank you.

I'm sorry, I delete what I said.
I just saw that the subject has already been addressed.
Dale thank you for this mod and good luck.

This mod isn't activating for me. It says "new mods ready to install" - it does the same with any other mod I try to download. Then it does this quick blip and then goes back to the "no mods installed" screen. Any idea what I can do here?

theres some button at the bottom right of one of the panels that you need to click.... "install mod" ;)

Don't bother with Japan on higher than Prince. You basically get a rapefest and the roaming barbarian galleys make it impossible for you to head east to get to the new world. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try 100 more times but really....Japan is too small and you can't go around Mt. Fuji hahaha.

Sure fun to try !

Round 3 begins now!

theres some button at the bottom right of one of the panels that you need to click.... "install mod" ;)

No, I know. I had to manually install the file. Which worked fine. Apparently the whole C/D drive error thing reported in another thread. I manually installed with 7zip. Thanks!

I put the map files in the ..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Maps\ for achievments but now when i play on the large map as Japan I also start seeing Helsinki on the map and everytime something happens there i am moved across to watch it. Annoying. Didnt notice this before. Anyone else seen something similar?

hey guys, heya dale!

First at all thank you Dale for spending so much time in creating this map.

But I have a problem. I play the Germans, but I start everytime at a different location. Sometimes I am in the middle of Elefants and sometimes in the middle of nowhere. But never in Europe.

Do I make something wrong or what can be the problem here?

Read the instructions. :)

Make sure you select "Load Scenario" after you have selected the map. After that you select your nation.

I have several issues with that Mod:

-while playing I get in touch with city states I never met and get ally
-war ends automatically after 1 turn equal against I fight
-some city states don't like me although I never met them

So there seem to be some issues with your mod. But anyway thanks for your mod.

map are incorrect, some civs and/or states cannot lay down their settlements, cuz too close. And some places are incorrect as well, like Japan and should have Mt.Fuji and more room for huge map. also the resources need to be reworked.

wish map editor was out so i can fix this :(

BTW, you just highlighted you don't read instructions. ;)

That's been in the OP all along.

I downloaded the mod/map-pack into the MODS folder, then I entered the game, pressed "mods", browse mods, but had it as an option for download, not as if I allready downloaded it (which I did). When I tried to download again from within the game, it said: that "microsoft BITS has not started".

What do i do?

One thing i noticed

When I play as the Romans on the huge earth map Venice and Ragusa wont set up as there within 2 squares of Rome... There also seems to be a similar problem in South eastern Europe with Belgrade and Bucharest doing the same thing.

Weirdly the City state settlers wont move and I end up pushing them outside the 2 square zone by buying tiles out from under them (Venice usually ends up founding in Southern France (Maybe swap the Venice city state out for Monaco) and Ragusa ends up in Tunisia)

Top Bottom