Trying to change the strength of a unit... any help greatly appreciated!

Asuhrie

Chieftain
So I find that 4/4 scorpion archers with ranged warfare are just too much for the early game. And I really want to start up a new game, and can't wait for patch 7.40 to release to make them 2/3 so I simply want to change them myself.

Ive gone to the wild mana directory, found the line in unitinfo where combat strength is 3, and am changing that to a 2 (i think 1 point is poison so that must be somewhere else).

When I try and save it, it tells me I am not allowed to change that file! I am admin on my computer, so I next removed the read only attribute from that file and all files above it. That doesn't work either.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

You have to take ownership of the folder to be able to edit any files in Program Files (In Vista or Windows 7). This link should tell you how better than I can: http://www.blogsdna.com/2159/how-to...sions-to-access-files-folder-in-windows-7.htm

Alternately, either turn off UAC (not recommended) or, if you're an admin, copy the file to the desktop, edit it there, and then paste it back in; You'll be required to give permission as an admin, but it WILL allow it. No idea why the same rule doesn't apply for file edits....

Thanks alot. I managed to change the permission on the file to allow me to work with it. Seems pretty complex for such a small task!

alternativly you can also start the programm with which you edit the files as the administrator, simply right click on the programm and choose this option.

Top Bottom