Tupac08 - Simply Sid

I am going to be away for a few days so I need a skip

Guys, only don't say that you are going to give up this thread...The game has very solid and interesting initial settings....
I still hope to see further turnsets.

Update: I have had a look but haven't yet found time to play. I'm taking Anatomy, Physiology and Stats this semester so I have a very full on uni schedule. I will be able to get to it by the end of the week however.

Guys I've played through a few turns and got us to Refining. We can't disconnect Portugese oil as it resides under the city of Nasca which is guarded by TOW, Infantry, Tanks and the Portugese navy (making even a blockade virtually impossible).

I don't know how to proceed guys. I'm feeling beaten :(

Well, we always knew losing was likely.

Have they started building bombers again?

I think we still go for flight, build flaks and aircraft, and play it out. How do people feel about giving the Portuguese a forward base before going back to war, in hopes that they'll move in their bombers for capture? I think it is a little risky. I think we can reduce the risk by having a little blockade, making it hard for them to reinforce the city with ground units.

Well, my brother managed to get my pc running again by swapping memory or something.

I'm a little out of it, so, my question would be, are we at peace with Portugal? If not, I'd say make peace with everyone ASAP and continue building our invasion force.

It's a shame nothing upgrades to flaks or this would be a whole lot easier.

kibitzer:

Nothing upgrades to flaks, but things can be converted to them. Time a lot of builds to switch as you get flight. In the mean time put enough units in sites that are bombed to take the damage and have the barracks repair it each turn. The trick is to not lose the barracks.

I'd like to finish this out, even if we lose it. Tupaclives, why don't you post the current save and let del62 or Daeron pick it up (since I had it last). We can each play 10 turns or until we get too depressed before passing it along.

Kibitzer:

Not sure if you guys are going to pick up and finish or not. Let me try to encourage you as you can do it. I played it out a week or so ago and won it. I played from the point I posted on before, iirc it was 1325AD.

I was not sure, if it could be won when I started, so I wanted to see. I waited to say anything to see if it looked like you guys were going forward or not. I hope it was not a problem. I was afraid to wait much longer or I would have forgotten completely.

Kibitzer:

Not sure if you guys are going to pick up and finish or not. Let me try to encourage you as you can do it. I played it out a week or so ago and won it. I played from the point I posted on before, iirc it was 1325AD.

I was not sure, if it could be won when I started, so I wanted to see. I waited to say anything to see if it looked like you guys were going forward or not. I hope it was not a problem. I was afraid to wait much longer or I would have forgotten completely.

Yeah, I know it's a shame. Can't speak for others, but with the end of the holidays it's getting pretty busy. If one or two others voice their interest in finishing it, I'd be more than happy to return to this game in a week or two.

It would be good if VMXA could post a turnset of 10 from when he started, i would be interested to see that

I posted a log from the first turns at around 1325AD or so. I just picked up from that point and made peace when Henry ask for it and took about 400 gold for it. Then steal, steal and steal.

Clean up the jungle and rail all tiles. A few towns needed more food as I recall, but only 2 I think and that was not right away. All the tweaks occur in the post back at 1325.

I did not ask him to leave, I left the 5 or 6 units next to the capitol, till war started. I did that so that I could leader fish and why let him have the extra units by returning them home. I did send a transport to pick up the lone army and return it, before the war started.

Did not get any resource, till they were down to a few towns on the far NE. I landed on the small island that had around 5 towns. I took one and took my time taking the rest. I used that platform to use artie on one or two towns I could hit across the water. I am not sure, but I think I landed a couple armies and raze the town I was able to beat down.

Eventually I landed all could muster on the near spot that had a little chunk with water on two sides. I blocked access to it, till I could get defensive structures up. I started razing towns and just keep razing. Once about 70-80% of the mainland was gone I block the towns in the NE.

I then dropped colonies on the lux and finished them off. I never did get wines as they we in the NE section iirc. Here is the map and you can see the town I used.

Dang I had to delete 4 pix to upload this one, i'm at 59.99mb.

Attachments

• Tupac-1670AD.jpg
    Tupac-1670AD.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 323
I see now that I looked at the pic I also captured the last town or maybe next to last don't recall.
Anyway the dot near the SW is the major beachhead town for the mainland expidition. Once I started busting the mainland the cpt just fell off and I had all the time in the world.

So I am not sure sure what the resources you mean, that you could not hold. I mean no reason to hold any, till they are as weak as a puppy. Are you talking about holding them from access to resources? iirc they were unable to research worth a darn and did not make that many bombers. I know I had an some early attacks on one of your coastal towns, but got a few bombers shot down and they never really did much after two or three runs losing bombers in ones and twos. Flaks and sams were not as much a danger to them as me catching them in towns.

Top Bottom