Turn 1-50

That hill S of where the warrior had been standing would've been a decent option. It looks like the tundra expands far enough that even though we're playing toroidal, it'll act as a buffer between us and the next team. When the borders pop in a few turns we'll see some of the tiles to the southwest of us, so I think it is ok that we've already started to circle around to the north.

I hope Caledorn gets to keep playing. :(

Slightly off topic: I see some of you commented in here that the turnlogger screenshot app wasn't working-- it might have had something to do with the server it was on. Also it didn't read the demographics folder. Please have a look in here (new thread) for instructions on how to make it work.

I hope Caledorn gets to keep playing. :(

Thank you, Yossarian! :)

I feel much better today, and I am very grateful that everyone who has commented it so far has accepted that it was a mistake and that it seems there is a general consensus for forgiving me on this one. I haven't heard from r_rolo yet, but I hope he forgives me too.

Until I hear otherwise I will continue to log in and do the screenshots and turn log for now, using the new app tobias has made for us! Great work on that one, tobias! :)

Oh, and in accordance with what tobias wrote earlier - if anyone needs access to the turnlogger folder on dropbox, just drop me a line, and I'll fix the invite :)

so what's the plan here btw?

How about farm corn, farm banana, road corn, two mines, (two warriors), pop 5, build settler

so what's the plan here btw?

How about farm corn, farm banana, road corn, two mines, (two warriors), pop 5, build settler

I think the only thing we know for sure is worker first while working FP and teching Agri. After that, it's up in the air. If some of the people that tested this start want to share insight on what worked best, that would be great. I know that it's been explained already, but finding it now would require going through so many posts.

The plan above sounds like a great starting point. Should we sim it out a few times to hammer down the best plan, or do we have enough info from previous sims to know pretty much what works best here? I will give it a shot tomorrow, but we've got some much better people on the team to come up with a micro plan.

I know we want to get cottages on those floodplains asap. We are beelining pottery right?

I know we want to get cottages on those floodplains asap. We are beelining pottery right?
I think thats the plan.If we find a good second city spot we might build a setler after finishing worker.

I logged in to check the turn number (does the game start on turn 0, since 3880 is turn 3? - 4000-turn1, 3960-turn2, 3920-turn3, 3880-turn4 is what my logic says...), and to take screenshots - but I see the move has not been made yet. I can do the move if needed. I assume all that is to be done is move the warrior 9 as planned?

PS! Dave: You are not on ignore. I've just been following the consensus for exploration. I think we want to move south after the roundtrip around the capital. :)

Thank you, bcool. It had to be that. *feels stupid* :blush: :lol:

Edit: It's actually a bit interesting, since that means the turn timer is based on programmers logic where most counting starts with 0. :p (hey.. I had to offset my stupidity with something intelligent, right?)

I think warrior 9 is the only option that makes any sense here. I say go ahead and do it (I thought for sure there'd be new screenshots after seeing on CivStats that you logged on earlier!)

Next turn we might want to re-evaluate the warrior moves, but we'll have a better idea after we see what the move to the hill reveals.

And yes, for some reason, 4000BC is Turn 0, and Turn 1 starts after you hit enter the first time.

I think warrior 9 is the only option that makes any sense here. I say go ahead and do it (I thought for sure there'd be new screenshots after seeing on CivStats that you logged on earlier!)

Next turn we might want to re-evaluate the warrior moves, but we'll have a better idea after we see what the move to the hill reveals.

And yes, for some reason, 4000BC is Turn 0, and Turn 1 starts after you hit enter the first time.

I agree - just waiting for a confirmation from 2metra or cav scout (since they are the actual turn players) :)

I think it would be good to have things planned ahead, and stated well enough that any of the turnplayers or backups can carry out the advance plan as long as circumstances haven't changed. We should have perhaps an ongoing 5-10 turns of planning, during this mundane part of the game where it's all micromanagement and worker actions.

Things we should have a plan for: (they all intertwine)
Tech path
Worker actions
Micromanagement

Things that don't really need a plan (IMO):
Exploration -- we have a general exploration strategy of "circle anti-clockwise" and we should just leave it at that. Anyone authorized to be a turn player can follow this general plan, using the terrain to our advantage. Just don't go off on a tangent or circle too far out, since we have a T30 or so goal for 1st settler.

On the other hand, to keep interest in the game high we might want to put a modicum of discussion even into the exploration moves. ;)

The Wheel-Pottery-Bronze Working techwise? I think this would really benefit us with early-ish cottages on the floodplain but still allow us to start chopping in good time.

I'd rather prioritize settler/worker producing tiles over floodplains cottages; growth is far more important than a couple coins, coins will come in time. I'd much rather have city 2 or 3 steal corn from the capital on creation and push it into using floodplains than costing us turns on building the settler by going for cottages. We need a worker/settler pump in the opening, not commerce. That said, I'm assuming these multiplayer maps are built with plenty of space around us

I'd rather prioritize settler/worker producing tiles over floodplains cottages; growth is far more important than a couple coins, coins will come in time. I'd much rather have city 2 or 3 steal corn from the capital on creation and push it into using floodplains than costing us turns on building the settler by going for cottages. We need a worker/settler pump in the opening, not commerce. That said, I'm assuming these multiplayer maps are built with plenty of space around us

Well maybe i'm wrong but I've always thought of floodplains as really good growth tiles...

I'm 100% for farming the corn first of course. Farming the bananas also makes sense if we are waiting for Pottery to come online. But I would cottage some of those flood plains before roading or putting in mines. We're financial so lets get those cottages in early.

EDIT: Went in to take a look at the game, moved our warrior NE and revealed a few more tiles. It looks like we will have time to throw in 2 mines in addition to farming the corn and bananas before pottery comes online. So I guess we only differ on working cottages once they are cottaged?

Yes, I think that farmed corn + banana gives us plenty of food in the city. The +3 coin from each cottage (+4 after 10 turns) is much more valuable than the one food we will get from farming the floodplain.

Actually instead of farming the bananas after corn we should just farm the closest flood plain to get the coin. We can do this without losing a worker turn (gotta love the mobility of the fast worker). We can convert the flood plain farm to a cottage down the road.

So farm corn-> farm flood plain-> 1 turn of roading enroute to hills-> mine grass hill-> mine plains hill-> cottage like a mofo.

If the warrior's been moved, then we should end turn. I don't think there is anything else we can do. Could we get screenshots of the demos and what the warrior revealed, too? The FastWorker app seems to be working really great!

I like farming the FP instead of the Banana for the coin. The only problem is we lose two turns with the +1 food because it takes longer to farm a desert tile. Plus we're beelining Pottery so we'll be cottaging over the FP before we would put a Plantation on the Banana. Whichever tile we farm, we'll have a couple turns to plop down a mine or two before Pottery comes in.

Top Bottom