Turn 1-50

Haha, very smart, I like it! Of course, if that barb kills AlanH, we'll have bigger things to worry about than a dead worker, since Terasvin would be completely undefended.

I checked the turn briefly after the turn flip, we don't have to worry about that barbarian warrior right away. It moved away this turn, so we can't see it anymore. I believe someone mentioned that when barbarians approach your culture they will only enter if there is a unit or improvement on the edge to attack. I'm not familiar with the rule, am I remembering that correctly?

If that is the case, Indira will be expanding its culture soon and our improvements will be a tile behind our borders. At the very least that will help bust a little extra fog.

someone mentioned that when barbarians approach your culture they will only enter if there is a unit or improvement on the edge to attack
This is true up to a certain point. When the cities become 3xnumber of civs they will enter for improvements 2 tiles deeper I think.

Yeah, I think that's true, so our border pop on turn 50 will give us a little bit of breathing room.

We're another turn closer to Hinduism and SH. Fingers crossed! I logged on and saw that RB's GNP has fallen below ours, which is good if we're in a race with them.

We're another turn closer to Hinduism and SH. Fingers crossed! I logged on and saw that RB's GNP has fallen below ours, which is good if we're in a race with them.
My instincts says they are not after any of those - revolting to slavery just dont fit with religion and ultra-early wonders.

Played out the turn, no major developments. Continued to scout with Thunderfall and Padma. It looks like 9 is the best move for Thunderfall next turn. For Padma, I'm debating between 3 and 9. Both are onto open terrain. 9 gives us more options for the next move, but 3 is safer in terms of having fewer ways that a 2 move unit could attack us. I'm leaning towards 9, as I expect that 2 move units will become increasingly rare (at least until barb chariots appear)

I moved Plotinus back towards our road building workers. This ensures that no barbarian can attack them, and will allow him to guard our settler next turn.

AlanH moved back into Terasvin. He can always go back to the forest if the barbarian re-appears, but the city is a better spot to respond to any barbarians in the east.

Nabaxo moved back to the first forest to put the 2nd turn of chopping into it. He'll be back on the micro plan next turn when he moves 1 and puts the 2nd turn of chopping into the 2nd forest.

Ok, turn 50 is complete. Still no religions founded and we have 2 turns to go, keep your fingers crossed.

Thunderfall moved 9 and found the edge of a freshwater lake. 3 looks like the best move for next turn to stay in defensive terrain. There isn't a good way to move safely to exploit the vision over water.

Padma moved 9 as well, and revealed a few more hills to the east. I'm thinking 9,3,3 for the next moves to stay in defensive terrain, but to also try to start heading back south. If we're on a grid pattern our eastern neighbor should be around this latitude, or a little south. I'm also interested to see what happens with the mountains, if they simply end at the northern extreme, or if they turn east, indicating a much more extensive barrier.

Is "choose religions" on? If so, did we want to go with Hinduism or pick something else in the event we are successful?

Hm.. I can't remember whether that checkbox was ticked or not. Plako had done most of the settings for the map correctly in the scenariofile, so all I did was set the admin password and check simultaneous turns etc.

I highly doubt Plako's map allows choosing religion. I've never seen a game on RB with this option on.

3 for TF sounds good. It looks like there is a river running into the lake from the north of the western-most water tile, so it probably is a very small lake like WPC said. I agree with 9-3-3 for Padma. I really want to see what's on the other side of those mountains.

We will want the workers to pause the mine next turn to finish the road to Mantra, then build the Deer camp.

Do we really want them to pause the mine? My understanding was that we needed the mine finished so that Terasvin wouldn't be working an unimproved tile with it's third citizen (due next turn) And that it was worth delaying the road and the camp because Mantra will be able to work the unimproved deer tile, which still has a pretty solid yield. Also, it will only take 1 turn for us to complete the road, but we'll need to finish the hunting tech before we can begin on the camp.

Let me get to my pc, Sommer, and I'll see if I can be your personal archivist. ;)

I have created a new turn discussion thread for turn 51-100 as we've reached turn 50 now. I'll try to make a summary in the first post.

Top Bottom