1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 127 - 30 BC

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Cheetah, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

:undecide:

They will keep the save for some time? Weird... or maybe not.

Anyway, I don't see how your mistake could have made so much harm, as they can't attack us so fast anyway that we couldn't get our troop safely away... I hope. :)

2. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Yes, but still.

I don't want a war yet, and I don't want them sending reinforcements (wonder if they have anyone to send?) before we start our attack.

3. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Of course, they could need the extra time to test all the various permutations of attack sequences to determine the one that works out best for them.

Zarn - let Lucky rant all he wants. Sooner or later it's going to come to war. If he wishes to accelerate the process, fine - he's going to have a hard time concentrating on us with Poly's forces breathing down his eastern flank.

In fact, I propose that we let a different player play the save every turn for the next few turns, so that you can argue that "it's very difficult to get a consistent series of moves/actions with a different player each turn." Also, keep reminding him of how long it takes us to make a decision over here (something he complained about profusely earlier in the game), and that there has been no discussion, let alone a poll, on the issue of declaring war with GCA. Keep telling him that we have no intention nor desire to restart the extremely costly war between our nations.

If you have any troubles lying to his face like that, I suggest studying some of the video clips of the Iraqi Ministry of Information during the Iraq war. :D

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Actually, it isn't totally lying... our government system really IS slow, isn't it? ;)

5. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

I'd like to have an overview of the game and suggest some changes hopefully.

From what I get we're not doing good at all and don't really stand much chances to win this game. However I'd like us to do our best to pull something out of this game.

I know I'm late but late is better than never.