Turn 134 - 110 A.D.

Wow, they abandoned Catchopolis? I wonder if GCA troops are engaging Poly or if they are retreating to ensure a massive final stand against both of us.

Well, with Lucky Harbor gone, should we press on to BoP? It would seem that if we do take BoP ahead of schedule, we may be able to tactfully negotiate for a better land deal from Apolyton. We can say that our part of the war deal is over and if they wish for us to help in securing the GCA mainland, we need to talk more land.

Don't want to get too far ahead of things though. Let's rid our mainland of Santopia and Port Blacksand. The advancement of our troops should be enough to make these cities disappear.

Yes, I've discussed the possibility of planning a joint assault on Balance of Power. It's my guess that this city is their new capital, and as such that's where I also think GCA forces are gathering. If we can corner the majority of the GCA force in that city, we'll have won the war for sure.

It's also my guess that, at this point, the GCA forces have been concentrated in that one area, specifically GCA. There currently shouldn't be that many our target region.

Considering their past tactics, I believe our current assaults on the remaining cities of Santopia and Port Blacksand should be scaled back significantly.
Keep the current forces dedicated to Santopia there - don't add any. My guess is that, since that elite spear has no way out, that they'll stay and fight in that city. It should only be that spear in the town, so the current forces should be fine.

As for Port Blacksand, the town shouldn't be that hard to take. I'd just keep two horses on the town - redirect the others next turn straight for BoP.

They abandoned Catchopolis? :eek: Whoa!

Hmm... Oct's idea looks good, that is what I would've done. :)

I say we don't change a thing.

We don't want to go too light into Port Blacksand, or we risk the chance of them not abandoning the city. So far, they have only abandoned cities when they knew that certain defeat was near. Two Horsemen on a fortified spear(and maybe more) is not a foregone conclusion, so they may stick it out and possibly win. Plus the last thing I want to do is to miss out on any GCA units so that they can toy with our established cities once our frontline has passed them by undetected.

Also, let's please not forget about the barbarian encampment north of Yun Qiuling. With two fortified Pikes defending a walled city, I am not too concerned about Yun itself. But the barbs could mess with any worker initiatives we may have in that area. So I would ask that all worker activity be confined to areas south west of our northern border cities, so the barbs go for the cities first.

Yes, we should definately not start to act out like we will win certainly. Remember, anything can happen.

Ok. I just got to say this again.

The have nearly no units in those cities!

I doubt there is more than one spear in Port Blacksand, if there are any at all!

I would realy like those two horses to stand right next to Port Blacksand by now, instead of moving them up in the mountain. It gives GCA another turn to reinforce the city.

The important thing here is speed. How far we can advance before GCA decides to reinforce their western front.

And I realy wouldn't worry about missing some GCA units. There are no units to miss! And those there are, are being withdrawn closer to Balance of Power. Besides, the forces we have are more than enough to round up any annoying leftovers.

Edit: (Posted at the same time as Wizard) Yes it is true that anything can happen, but 'anything' is very unlikely. GCA had most of its forces in Catchopolis, and need to defend against Apolyton. My estimate is that they have no more than 5, quite possibly less, units west of Balance of Power.
I was very worried about a trap when we started our offensive, but there hasn't come any and GCA is losing on all fronts.

I might regret saying this, but there are virtualy no way GCA can strike back! We must storm forward as fast as possible, and victory will be assured in the very near future!

If they have indeed abandoned their capitol and are marshalling forces in Balance of Power, then we should try to prevent any units on our side of that city from reaching it. Horsemen should be sent forward to intercept any spearmen that may be retreating to BoP for a final stand.

Wait a sec? I thought it was imposible to just abandon a capital city :confused:

It is? Seems like they did, anyway...

Wait a moment! Where di hey have their GL? If it was in Catchopolis, they lost it...

Top Bottom