Turn 135 - 130 AD

Yes, good point.

He won't be able to secure the smaller cause we have a city and troops there, and he won't be able to secure the bigger one because we have troops there. ;)

So are we looking at just taking there coastal cities? Im not 100% on this since I have not seen the save.

I think we should send our first settler from Shen Ling to the island, ASAP. Just to end this horrible war.

I don't think there is such an enourmous need to get a city in that island that fast. Wouldn't it better if we could get some more cities on the continent before settling those islands?

It will be enough to put a unit or two there IMHO.

I think we're over-emphasizing the effects of War Weariness. First of all, we're not even out of Despotism yet, so it won't effect us one bit. Second of all, we could do very well in Monarchy (another government unaffected by WW) well into the Industrial Age, at which time the GCA annoyance could easily be done away with.

Let us proceed in a manner that best suits our purposes and not out of some knee-jerk reaction to a fear of what GCA might do.

Well, right now the only government option we can aspire to is Republic, and that brings with it a small dose of War Weariness. It's not much of an investment to ensure that GCA isn't a constant pebble in our shoe once we make this transition.

Let's keep some units near Port Blacksand to see if any galleys pass by. We can actually land the Settler without founding a city. Then, if the GCA plan proves to be false, we can ship it back to the mainland to settle. Or we can use 4 pikes to guard it.

Yes, it surely would. :)

Whys houldn't we settle the island straight away? I mean, what's the point in taking a settler there and then bringing it back? :confused: The whole idea is weird...

But I suppose a small army of cheap units (archers?) could easily secure both islands.

There probably is no point, but I was just thinking aloud. ;)

So, we should either send 4 units, send a Settler(to build city) and 3 units, or nix the whole idea.

What do you think?

I think we should settle it ASAP, it's a nice island quite near our capitol, so I say we should send settler + 3 units there.

Top Bottom