1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 135 - 130 AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Cheetah, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yes, good point.

He won't be able to secure the smaller cause we have a city and troops there, and he won't be able to secure the bigger one because we have troops there. ;)

2. croxis

croxis Chat room op

and we get a city out of it!

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    So are we looking at just taking there coastal cities? Im not 100% on this since I have not seen the save.

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I think we should send our first settler from Shen Ling to the island, ASAP. Just to end this horrible war.

5. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I don't think there is such an enourmous need to get a city in that island that fast. Wouldn't it better if we could get some more cities on the continent before settling those islands?

It will be enough to put a unit or two there IMHO.

6. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

I think we're over-emphasizing the effects of War Weariness. First of all, we're not even out of Despotism yet, so it won't effect us one bit. Second of all, we could do very well in Monarchy (another government unaffected by WW) well into the Industrial Age, at which time the GCA annoyance could easily be done away with.

Let us proceed in a manner that best suits our purposes and not out of some knee-jerk reaction to a fear of what GCA might do.

7. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Well, right now the only government option we can aspire to is Republic, and that brings with it a small dose of War Weariness. It's not much of an investment to ensure that GCA isn't a constant pebble in our shoe once we make this transition.

Let's keep some units near Port Blacksand to see if any galleys pass by. We can actually land the Settler without founding a city. Then, if the GCA plan proves to be false, we can ship it back to the mainland to settle. Or we can use 4 pikes to guard it.

8. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Donovan's right. My only concern is perventing any possibly troublesome GCA activity in the future. Sending four cheap units down there would be the best solution.

9. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Either way, an updated world map would be very helpful about now. ;)

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yes, it surely would. :)

Whys houldn't we settle the island straight away? I mean, what's the point in taking a settler there and then bringing it back? :confused: The whole idea is weird...

But I suppose a small army of cheap units (archers?) could easily secure both islands.

11. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

There probably is no point, but I was just thinking aloud. ;)

So, we should either send 4 units, send a Settler(to build city) and 3 units, or nix the whole idea.

What do you think?

12. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I think we should settle it ASAP, it's a nice island quite near our capitol, so I say we should send settler + 3 units there.