Turn 137 - 170 AD

Nice work as usual, Cheetah! :goodjob:

I've got no idea what to do now, as I've not got enough experience on this kind of situations...

Originally posted by Octavian X
I'm simply saying that, considering how many cities they've abandoned, we're bound to come up against a huge stack from these cities that could very possibly wipe out the entirety of the Apolytonian and Fanatikese army.
I don't follow the reasoning behind this. Simply razing cities won't help them build more units. On the contrary, it reduces their productive capacity, while both Poly and we can continue to build them.

And, if they do pull the WW stunt, we won't be able to get into a representative government for the next hundreds of turns! This will put the entire continent waaaaaay back technologically for the entirety of the game.
Again, I don't see this. Monarchy is the answer. We should have researched this long ago, but it is still not too late to get it. Besides, making peace with GCA now won't guarantee an end to war weariness as GWT or even GCA could declare war on us the very next turn.

Furthermore, working together with Poly in our research efforts with Poly and perhaps even CGN could easily overcome any benefits of a representative government that GWT might have. Not to mention the fact that the entire world is at war, so everyone's forced to deal with war weariness as long as we insist on clinging to Republic as the answer.

I simply think it's not a bad idea to impose a harsh peace on GCA. They have to leave the continent, and won't be allowed to interfere in any of the continent's affairs, ever again.
Sorry, but if you seriously believe that by letting them leave the continent that they will be content to never interfere again, then you're being naive. I, for one, think the world will be exponentially safer for all of us once GCA has been removed, so I must, respectfully, disagree with your position.

Switched a few of our cities to Pikemen as I think we need more of them.
Cheetah!!!!!!!!!!! This is one decision that should be requested by the Military Minister and approved by the Domestic one (that’s me). If there is no agreement between the two than the President or the VP might intervene or a poll may be opened.

But the fact that you ‘think’ we need more Pikes is not good enough for you changing the builds. Why exactly did you think I took the time to put those tables in the Domestic Ministry thread?

I strongly disapprove this move first because I should have been discussed in some way and second because I don’t think we need more Pikes. :p

And as a last note - as a citisen I DEMAND more activity from some officials and hopefully our citisens as well!

I want plans and polls for where we will be putting cities! I want some better discussion of our military campaign, the islands and our production!
I guess you mean me among others. I made a proposal for city planning, you questioned it, I explained it. Since you did not question my explanation I believe it was good enough for you and since I am the minister my decision should have been taken into account.

I still say we go for the two whales city and another 2 cities in the NE. Still the fact that BoP was abandoned I believe that the settler should go and replace the city for strategic (read military) reasons, so I don’t question you moving the settler the way you did.

I don’t plan on pushing a PI on you but I want us to act as a democracy not as a game where you always try to play the save and do whatever you think at that given point. Yes, you are more active than me, yes, I don’t participate at chats and will probably never will, but that’s no reason for you to try to run the show.

I don’t really like polling for everything but if you insist, just point out the way you want a city placement poll to look like and I’ll post it.

BTW, I think I didn’t get the current save this time either.

I apologize if it seems like I do whatever I feel when playing the save and ignore the will of the leaders and the people. When I said I wanted active leaders, I wasn't thinking of you very much, as I remember you posted some very good plans for the development of our nation.

I must apologize again however. During the playing I completely forgot your city plans. You have made plans and no citisen has requested that it be polled, so they are valid. Tough from your save I see it didn't do much harm moving the settler to the east.

As to how a city poll should look like, I was thinking of something similar to the polls in the SPDG. Though maybe they aren't needed...

And I had completely forgot about the save game list. I'll send out the save we recieved from Apolyton right away.

Then to the Pikemen issue.
I will try to explain my reasoning for switching the cities to pikes. As you might have noticed, the forces who was going to conquer Port Blacksand has been eliminated. I believe we will be sending the rest of our army against the city, but as we have lost some units and nearly stoped our military production, I now believe we need reinforcements.

If we are going to secure the smallest island I say we send down two Pikes, but this leaves our cities with a weak defense. Many of them has only 1 Pike defending, and ATM there are 3 without defenders!

As FortyJ pointed out there is also the possibility that GCA will try an assualt on our core cities. Since we can not rule out the islands or our cities as the target, we need more units, preferably a few of defensive nature.

I however, none of these thoughts are convincing, all of the cities (except of Jiang Mapi maybe, but it was building a Horseman already) can be changed back without the loss of shields.

Once again I would like to apologize if it feels like I try to run the game by myself. I have no intentions of doing so. Lastly I would like to add that I regard Yndy as a very good civ-player, and I hope he continues the good job his doing (Though I will not complain if you find you have a little more time for participating here).

For one, I simply presented the GCA peace idea as food for thought. Elimination is the viable way to go, but in games like this, we need to keep our options open.

Second, in response to Cheetah, at this point, GCA is in defensive mode. Our investigation of Catchopolis revealed pikes and horses, two forces I sincerely doubt will do any damage to us. We need to replan our force placement, with emphasis on the defense of the Three Fortresses (Cha Ching, Ju Yaosai, and Yun Qiuling), as well as period placment of pikes along the coast so that they can get to any of the coastal cities (along roads) in a turn.

Thirdly, a reminder to all turn players: We now have a fifth GWT person to send saves to. The address has been added to the address book for our e-mail account, under GWT5.

Erm. They can do a lot of damage. GCA Horsemen have proved to be excellent in destroying Apolytons Numidian Mercenaries!

And it is believed that GCA has at least 6 offensive units in Port Blacksand.

I have heard from Rex that he has heard from poly that the pike by Blacksand has been picked off by the GCAers.

Hmm... they're not starting to lose with any manners... Or then we have underestimated them.

I beleve we should create more offensive units to counter the GCA's Defensive units. But How can we do this while preventing GCA from catching that island at the same time?

Top Bottom