Turn 160 - 440 AD

Donovan Zoi

The Return
I am off to play the save.

On my old conputer.

To eliminate the impending screenie backlash. ;)

Be back soon.

Welcome to the last turn session of Term 4. Here's how things played out.

First of all, I was greeted with an odd message while downloading the save:

Let us know where that foul GCA Galley is at.

Oh, and be sure to send us 725 gold back next turn. ;)

Thanks,
Trip

Upon opening the save, I discovered the reason for this strange request:

Attachments

• 440ad-poly685.jpg
    440ad-poly685.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 108
Maybe GCA surprise or some barbarian uprising caught up to an empty city (probably the latter).

Not quite, Hygro. :) Check this out -- it looks like Poly is taking all of Netatolia's brownie points for themselves, as they now control the two remaining canal cities They seem to almost be begging GWT to attack them.

Needless to say, I dutifully sent Poly their 685 back + 40g. here's a look at the canal situation:

Attachments

• 440ad-gwtcgn.jpg
    440ad-gwtcgn.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 96
And while we are focusing on Poly, take a look at how New Apolyton is progressing.

Attachments

• 440ad-newpoly.jpg
    440ad-newpoly.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 94
And there is also some activity in the lake. Remember how Trip asked how close they were to the GCA galley? Well, they are close enough to nail it in two turns, and maybe one turn if GCA sails into the ambush:

Attachments

• 440ad-galleys.jpg
    440ad-galleys.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 107
Off our western coast, we came across another barb galley, which our mighty galley promptly disposed of.

Attachments

• 440ad-barbgalley.jpg
    440ad-barbgalley.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 103
And now, on the domestic front, here is a peek at Shen Ling and Jiang Mapi, both of which will be bartering a variety of goods quite soon. I also set Shen Ling back up for growth so I don't have to join any workers there.

Attachments

• 440ad-market cities.jpg
    440ad-market cities.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 102
And finally, here are the workers of Xin Yun Feng, who are laboring day and night to build up the area around our future FP city.

- the workers to the south west are building a road through the mountain, which will give our southwestern cities quick access to the east. After the road is finished they will build a mine on that same mountain for XYF's benefit.

- the workers to the southeast will begin drawing water from the lake next turn, so that XYF can have enough food to sustain our miners at two different mountain sites. By irrigating two grassland and mining the two bonus grasslands, XYF can reach a Size 6 and still use both mountains.

Attachments

• 440ad-xyfwork.jpg
    440ad-xyfwork.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 92
That's all I have for now. Over the weekend, I am going to try to contact Apolyton to ask them what long-term plans they have with CGN, if any. I also want to secure Invention, which we should get in a turn or two per my last conversation with Trip.

The tech was being held so that there weren't too many nations that had discovered it, because doing so would allow GWT to research it that much faster than if only two civs had the tech.

Also, with the new term starting, I would like everyone to begin opening their departmental threads. I will be opening my thread on Monday night at the latest.

I had a great time working for President Gingerbread Man this term, and look forward to continuing our rapid ascent in Term 5. Let's get back in this thing! :D

Things are looking good. However I must voice my concern for the Imperial Courts of Justice built in Xin Yung Feng. Isn't it just too close?

So Apolyton took over the cities? Guess we won't need to do anything yet then :p

Still I'll have a talk with miccofl about what's going on as soon as possible. Though I'm kind of busy today. :-/

That is perfect, Netatolia got their help from someone else, thought they were going to get it from us, and Webringen won't make any connection back to us for it. This is a win-win situation for everyone.

And I still stand behind the FP being built in XYF, Hygro. That is where our largest and most productive cities can be built and we will reap the benefits sooner if we have more culture and less corruption in the area. Assuming our borders with Apolyton are static there is no better place to put it.

Speaking of static borders with Apolyton when are they going to hand over Equilibrium? Do we have a solid agreement with them on that?

And DZ, now that the new term has started don't forget to fulfill your promise to distribute the save file regularly.

A win-win situation for everyone but Webringen:p

Well, I talked a bit with miccofl. CGN has calculated GWTs loss of the last battle to 9 Ansars and 1 Pike destroyed, 6 damaged - 5 are 1/5 and 1/4; while they lost 10 Knights and 2 MI.

Poly has stepped in and according to miccofl, intends to keep the cities as long as they can hold onto them.

Will be interesting to see how things develop.

Top Bottom