Turn Discusion T 151-170

AFAIK, we have no markets, so we have no cities that can run Merchants.

None at all? I thought we had some on the home island?

What is our invasion plan? We need to get our units into position and we really should contact CDZ about how to best coordinate. I think we have a very fair claim to the island as it was our spy missions that burned their econ. But how do we phrase this to CDZ? Do we need to offer them at least one of the 4 cities?

With our current tech:
windmill gives +1 gold, food, and hammer
Farm +1 food
mine +2 hammers
cottage +1 gold with future growth
water mill +2 hammers

Assuming we have a river grass-land and a river grass-hill these are our options:
A farm/mine combo gives +1 food and +2 hammers.
A windmill/water mill gives +1 food +3 hammers and +1 gold
A windmill/cottage give +1 food, +1 hammer, +2 gold with future growth.

Just wanted to reiterate this post. We may want to convert some land to watermill/windmill if we have the workers for it.

If we are to rush to tech Econ, we should also consider the options of running scientists and or building science.

With some clever micro we could probably shave off a turn or two from research times.

None at all? I thought we had some on the home island?
2metra can say for sure, but I never remember us building ANY Markets just banks, so we cant run Merchants unless we switch to Caste system:yuck:
What is our invasion plan? We need to get our units into position and we really should contact CDZ about how to best coordinate.
I will leave the actual battle strategy to General 2metra as I suck at combat tactics;)
I think we have a very fair claim to the island as it was our spy missions that burned their econ. But how do we phrase this to CDZ? Do we need to offer them at least one of the 4 cities?
:(No, we have a treaty with CDZ that obligates us to share the island equally. We already are having strife with Sirius, so we must be careful not to alienate CDZ. Also, we need their help to take the island anyway.

Plus, we already offered to trade cities to them in exchange for the MHI cities and they did not respond, which to me indicates that they did not like the idea. I highly recommend that we DO NOT try to take more of the MHI land than them. We will especially need to have a good relationship with them when Candy-Axis is dead.

Last thing, is that we have been using our $$$ for Espionage, while they have been using it for tech. We are using Emancipation against Merlot, which we got from CDZ. So the reality is that they have as much claim to the land as we do, because they prop up our tech, freeing us to focus on crippling Merlot.

Now that our best buddies Sirius:) gifted us the Great Merchant we need to decide where to run the trade mission. I have no idea what makes the most $$$ other than city size and :commerce:. Anyway, once we can get the gold we can upgrade our Army to Rifles and Cannons to invade MHI when the upcoming STRIKE kills half their units.:mwaha:

I sent our sentry Caravel, Euxine's daughter to pick up the Merchant since I am guessing the Sirius capital may be our best bet for the trade mission. Also, since Caravels carry 2 units (including spies) I would reccomend we send Sirius a screenshot with the cursor on the Caravel at sea, to verify to them that we arent trying to land a spy in their territory. That alone will probably help heal the rift between us.

We should also probably explain that the Merchant = the certain death of Merlot, and follow through, so they know the Merchant was put to good use.

I think distance away also matters. Though I am not sure about this.

So what is our development plan right now. I think we turn off the wealth build effort we were doing and just focus on a crappy filler tech for a while as we won't be in a position to grab anything too useful for a while. We are in a good position to start growing cottages and should look out 20 turns to see what sort of growth we can do in that time frame. In this amount of time we should be able to grow a good number of villages now that we are running emancipation. After another 20 turns these villages will be towns, at which point a civis switch to Universal suffrage might be in order.

We also now have access to Free Market - so we should think about when we want to switch to that.

Monasteries. Once we get Sci Method we can no longer build monasteries. Which means our ability to spread our religion will be hampered. Do we have any, if not we need one.

I was moving our Sentry Caravel to pick up our great Merchant to bring him to the Sirius Capital for our upgrade gold, but it looks like you moved it back... Sorry I didnt say anything but thats why I moved it. Merchant can wait in Myrine and board the Caravel when it arrives.

We had a couple cities with no builds set so I gave them something to do. I started a Jail in Themiscyra since it has the most spy points there.

Lost a spy trying to sabotage a Merlot Corn... They are back in Hereditary rule now, but still losing money. They will be on Strike in 4 turns, but now their cities are growing again. I moved a spy into position to put them back in Despotism next turn which will should ensure a strike, especially since Sirius and Quatronia seem poised to invade Mavs home island. They have fleets of Galleons in position.

They are not going to invade soon. It will be too costly for them.

They move those fleets for some 5-10 turns seemingly without clear goal :)

At first I thought they will try to sneak a settler of their own on the spire.

We had a couple cities with no builds set so I gave them something to do. I started a Jail in Themiscyra since it has the most spy points there.

If Them does not have a market or grocer either of those may be a better investment than a jail. We already are rocking the Esp, but we have horribly poor gold production. Also weren't we just recently discussing a bunch of potential wonders to build? Are any of those good candidates for Them? I know Artemis is no longer viable, but what of the others?

We have to vote the general course in our actions - is it putting all our efforts - swithc civics, drafting, slaving, diplo coordinating, etc in try to capture MHI the earliest, or we to emphasize on making our economics competitive - switching civics, cotteaging farms, etc and just then smashing MHI with infantry/fighters/marines/tanks. I will make a new turn discussion thread and copy this there as a first post.

Top Bottom