Turnplay Log

Note email from Donuts--We landed 38 infantry and a guerilla on MIA. Our military is strong. Now would probably be a good time to send some troops over if you want some action ;).

And a pm from Killercane--Me neither. Well suffice it to say we landed a bunch of infantry off our west coast right by 2 size 8 cities that they will have to destroy. We seem to have had some troops renamed to KISS Mercenaries who have helped us out over the years, from Kutzov's Krushers to Whomp's Mercs. We just didnt have enough team names CAUSE WE LANDED SO MANY TROOPS ON THEIR ASSES. MIA sucks.

Turn 192:
We get a frigate and infantry this turn. Draft 2 more infantry. Upgrade a galley to galleon. Probe around for boats. Nothing. We will start pillaging their rubber next turn. If Donut could do the other one we'd really set them back.
Bring our galleon home to heal and we will have 3 galleons next turn. Due to size I switch a citizen in the capital to tax guy.

Should we risk our vets or conscripts with a landing?
Conscripts will win 28.16% and lose 55.7% oof the time on most terrain.
They'll lose 41.682% win and lose 31% on mountains. Doesn't seem very good odds. Their odds are much better fortified in towns.
Vets will win 44.88% of the time but only lose 19.9% on grass versus cavs. 52% win on a mountain with only 5.296% loss. It would be nice to have MIA move off that mountain.

I'm not 100% sure we can muster an attack. Thoughts?

It seems a matter of honor to do SOMETHING. We can't do much for a few turns, I guess we will see how the Nuts stack does, but surely there is an area where some infantry and cavs could wreck some havoc. Or maybe switch to some guerillas and get them in the jungles to cut roads/rails. Dear God something.

Even the Poles had an airborne brigade in Market-Garden and they didn't have a country. We have to try something!

A note from Donuts
They merely bombarded us with a couple of cannons; they may have taken rep parts with ToE and upgraded some artillery.... I will have to check the save to see. Sending silks...

If they reinforce the city I believe they will, most of their troops will be committed that way and we are cutting the roads so they cant get out. Turn after next might be a good time to land if you can but their troop strength is still a bit hazy. We are average but after drafting we are strong again.
Pre turn 192: We get silks from Donuts again but we still have disorder in Boomboom. Save a couple more cities from disorder.
Where's the Love finishes a cav and starts another.

Upgrade a galley so we have three ready to roll next turn. Upgrade a conscript rifle to infantry. What should we land with our 9 infantry (3 vet and 6 conscripts)? 3 Conscript rifles or 3 cavs or 3 cannons or 3 LBs? I'm leaning towards cavs because they only have cavs protecting April Fools.
Finish some mm'ing. Our frigate misses taking out their rubber.

Here's a great picture for you.

My favorite...

Where I think our landing area should be...

i agree about the landing but the mountain of course would be great.

chances are though, if MIA are screwed they will rather finish our troops off than the nutters.

is that a load of cities been abandoned in the south or just a weird picture?

my favourites 'your moms core'

@ Simon, I think that in their core, they kept things spaced out but where corruption was rampant (ie, our land) ICS prevailed.

I think that Whomp should take all of the attacking turns since he was the one that took time to play the turns while things were down.. ..the rest of us can live vicariously through him. (that is of course unless he can't play )

Why not the red or blue spots? It would threaten two cities and maybe force them to commit more, sooner.

Attachments

• landingxh3.jpg
    landingxh3.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 205
I wonder if Whomp's spots will allow us to drop them on the first turn instead of having to wait one more turn before taking our proverbial dump on MIA.

I think there's two reasons Booti.
1. We can unload in one turn and reinforce in two at that spot.
If we can create a foothold this will allow us to reinforce faster.
2. The other spot is on roads which means they will be able to manuever easier. I plan to bombard the rails in between Far West and April Fools.

I think time is the key here. Donuts are getting bombarded and we need to distract attention. MIA has to make a choice. Bombard us near the corrupt science farms or lose ground to Donuts at their core. We would undoubtedly be bombarded unless MIA commits 100% to protecting their core.

Remember that Donut intends to land an additional 40+ (I presume fast) units either this turn or next.

I think we should send cavs with the infantry so we can threaten April Fools the next turn. If we can take that mountain we're near inpenetrable.

You're right - reinforcement trumps all in my mind. Do we have an extra settler kicking around? We could plant a port city and if we lost it...who cares - not like its never happened before. ;)

Kickbooti said:
You're right - reinforcement trumps all in my mind. Do we have an extra settler kicking around? We could plant a port city and if we lost it...who cares - not like its never happened before. ;)
Good thinking. It's easily switchable and something I think we should do if for nothing else to plant another ICS city. :lol:

Turn 193:Battle report
4/4 MIA Frigate bombs 3/3 KISS Frigate – hit for 2 hps.
4/4 MIA Frigate attacks 1/3 KISS Frigate. Frigate Sunk, MIA Frigate now 3/4

Triple dang... :(

and then this

and

A devastating blow....
Decide it's best to scuttle the mission for now. Attempt to cut off the rubber again but miss twice. Send the frigates back towards home.Rush a gran for 28g to short rush a gran to inf in Fofo. Finish a infantry in raxed Spite for 56g

Oops I forgot to put up a turnlog.

Here's the story...
One of our frigates on the coast was redlined. It attempted to hit the rubber again and missed. The other frigate came in and destroyed their rubber resource! Chances are pretty high that the frigate will be bombarded. The rubber is one of the two they have. The other is near Athens.
We lost 3 privateers last turn. Their arty is truly lethal.
Not much else over the turn.

Turn 195:
Battle report: 4/4 KISS frigate redlined by MIA Artillery.

Harbor finishes in Frog. Nice commerce boost.
Bombard the wines before our redlined frigate leaves. Send both redlined frigates east since we know there's two frigates around April Fools to the west. Rush a galleon at Spite and will finish a frigate next turn. Rush a cav at Decrepit and it will finish an infantry next turn.

760 AD Turn 196: All's quiet...everywhere. Eerily so.
Decrepit finishes an infantry and starts another. Malice finishes a frigate and starts another. Rush a settler in Auda City and back to harbor. Rush a explorer in Punchinello and back to market. Trying to drive up our commerce so we may be able to help Donuts with steals.

Turn 197: Not much to report other than finishing another infantry and railing.

Log for Turn 199.

Diplomacy

City Builds:
Auda City harbor -> Privateer
FishyFishyInTheSea worker -> Lib

Begin the turn with 1165g, -107gpt, Metal in 3T (1.8.1).

Worker stuff:

City Management:
Nada, though we don’t have coal so no RR’s. Donuts seem to have a bunch, perhaps they can share?
Hire a couple of cops in One Last Kiss to speed up the Arty, but don’t really do much fiddling.

Unit Stuff:
Worker stuff, again, realize no coal, no RR’s

Turn after (200):
We should consider switching Nuts or Fairfield street to FP, maybe chopping a court in Fairfield 1st.
We should switcht eh Capitol to a Market soon (could be done in 7T or so), it’s up to size 7 and could use the happiness. But since the tactical situation is pretty desperate, the Frigate may be best (though I suspect that we’re not too far from Destroyers, which make these wooden boats close to useless)

Ok lets see if i remember how to do this

turn 200
ok we have 201 gold (10.0.0) +97 gpt
communism we're expecting in 30 turns.

Short rushed and infantry in decrepit down to 2 turns.

2 large stacks of workers which the scouting boats have seen, one over where leo's was and the other in the picture i shall be supplying.

Scouting privateer has also noticed a transport in the greek city of Ithaca, thats the one nearest the nutterian border with each other- put a little note in the forward mail.

Still no coal so asked for it again.

Also seems our way into MIA land is open again

Turn 201: The galleys will be in the harbor next turn and 2 of our injured frigates will be back. There's a few builds finishing next as well.

Turn 202:
Yeah!! I added some trees to the palace.

battle log
Bomber bombs MDI 4/4 -> 1/4
Bomber kills 1/4 MDI
:eek:
I guess it was due.

Finish a market in Punchinello, frigate in Malice and infantry in Decrepit.

Rush a cav in Spite for 64g and switch back to market which will finish next. Rush a rax in Idiot and back to harbor.
Frogciusville will finish a market, Nuts arty and Fofomeno a duct.

Top Bottom