Turnplay Log

Well Gongers, we have been defeated. Here's the battle log for the turn sent by Team Free.

Kuningas said:
WoodStock captured.
Sin City captured.
Artillery bombards Warrior25 (Guerilla) in Smoke on the Water. ->3/4 Warrio25.
Artillery bombards 2/2 Infantry in Smoke on the Water. ->1/2 Warrio25.
Artillery bombards 3/4 Warrior25 (Guerilla) in Smoke on the Water. ->2/4 Warrio25
Artillery bombards 2/4 Warrior25 (Guerilla) in Smoke on the Water. ->2/4 Warrio25
Artillery bombards 2/4 Warrior25 (Guerilla) in Smoke on the Water. ->1/4 Warrio25
4/4 Tank54 vs 1/2 Infantry in Smoke on the Water. -> 4/4 tank54.
4/4 Tank55 vs 1/4 Warrior25 (Guerilla) in Smoke on the Water. -> 2/4 tank55.
Smoke on the Water captured.
Town called Malice captured.
On Flame with RocknRoll captured.
Abbey Road captured.
Nutbush City captured.
T for Texas captured.
Scarborough Fair captured.
We built this City captured.
Pete's End captured.
CBGB's captured.
Great Walls of fire captured.
Dark side of the Moon captured.
Artillery bombards 3/3 Infantry in Graceland. 3/3 Infantry.
Tank63 vs 3/3 Infantry in Graceland. ->4/4 Tank63.
The Watchtower captured.
Hangar 18 captured.
Ring of Fire captured.
Basement on a Hill captured.
4/4 Tank60 vs 4/4 Guerilla in Graceland. ->2/4 Tank60
4/4 Tank61 vs 3/5 Cavalry in Graceland. ->4/4 Tank61
Graceland captured.
4/4 Cruiser vs 2/4 Destroyer. ->3/4 Cruiser.

We were left only with Sugar Mountain and its new tank. We recaptured Graceland, defeated another tank, captured 7 workers, 1 artillery and killed a tranport holding at least 4 marines. We then abandoned Graceland and retired from the game just to keep Free from capturing 2 more towns next turn. Here's the final battle log sent to Free and the screenshot of the last map.

Battle Log--Turn 214--980AD

4/4 Tank vs 4/4Tank61 in Graceland-->3/4 Tank liberates Graceland + 10 gold
Artillery bombards 4/4Tank69 SE of Teal Landing-->2/4Tank69
Artillery(FREEbie) bombards 2/4Tank69-->1/4Tank69
5/5 Nick Mason(Infantry) vs 1/4Tank69-->4/5 Nick Mason(Infantry) captures 7 workers
1/2 Infantry(loses 1 hp from free shot en route) captures Artillery(FREEbie) SE of We Built This City
4/4 Caravel vs 1/3LS-008-->4/4 Caravel

I've had fun being a part of Team Gong and playing with everyone.:) You've all been great. According to the rules we are all allowed to join another team as refugees. I'm going to apply for refugee status with the Council and I believe Yilar is also. To apply for refugee status, I believe you just need to post a request to join the team you want in the MTDGII Sign-Up thread.

I'm not very funny, but I'll post a new thread in the MTDG announcing our retirement soon.:)

How'd they take Woodstock? Settler creep? I should have thought about that one :wallbash:.

Oh, yeah, kc. I forgot to mention how they took Woodstock. Yes, it was indeed settler creep. They planted a town 1N-1NE of Teal Landing advanced a settler to the silk. Disbanded new town advanced another settler, rinse and repeat until in range. I had thought about combat settlers and thought we were safe, but just didn't think of this tactic.

Oh well - congrats on a good game - we played in perfect style to the end.

Thanks, RF. Any interest in joining another team as a refugee as Yilar and I have?

How did this game fit in with your earlier ideas on the "Prisoner's Dilemma?"

I think I long ago predicted that we would find trouble being aligned with the first aggressor as The Babes were and were perceived by the other teams to be. In the end, I think we just couldn't escape the animosity the Babes built up, much of which was reflected on us.

Thanks, RF. Any interest in joining another team as a refugee as Yilar and I have?

How did this game fit in with your earlier ideas on the "Prisoner's Dilemma?"

I think I long ago predicted that we would find trouble being aligned with the first aggressor as The Babes were and were perceived by the other teams to be. In the end, I think we just couldn't escape the animosity the Babes built up, much of which was reflected on us.

I might just do that - even if its only to lurk and comment. As regards prisoners dilemma, it might have looked like that to begin with but the situation changed once

a) Space would be completed before culture

b) their military was more power ful than ours.

In prisoners dilemma terms our rewards for peace got smaller - (smaller chance of winning,) and their rewards for war got bigger (fewer losses etc) as ours got smaller (bigger losses, loss of culture delays victory further) which meant that war was inevitable, which was exactly what we couldn't afford. Obvious in hindsight really.

You gents played the game with honor and dignity. Well done.

Tactics like settler creep are low class. Yes, they are alive and we aren't, but it is better to play honorably.

Once again - well done. I'll be leaving the Gong tag in my sig, just for spite.

Top Bottom