Turns 1-20

This has been well planned and I love those "ag" benefits we're capturing.

Is it really this bad normally? I mean the time some teams need for a turn with sooo limited possessions. One would assume everyone use the time between sending a turn off and getting the next for disussions and planning and then if something went wrong, then you would need to take some extra time to discuss this. But it is actually pretty ridiculous ATM. 2-3 days for a turn cycle with a single or at the most two locations just suggest an enormous amount of stupidity at play?

Most teams will have a fixed way of playing, i.e. one person playing the turns and thus we have to wait until that one person can actually grab the saves.

Yep there are certain teams that find it important to discuss, poll and vote on minor issues too. The only reason I can come up with as to why they'd delay a save for any length of time is they've either met someone or their turnplayer is unavailable. This can be frustrating to teams like ours where decisions are discussed and consensus rules. I contend our style is much more effective in the long run since it's decisive.

Notice how the European players turn the save around. Then you get to Donsig (US) and it delays to Classical Hero (who's notorious for delaying a 4 person pbem I'm playing in) in Australia.

yea, course there is the time difference to take into the equation. But still I do find it odd to need such discussions during the first couple of dozen turns. Especially on a team that apparently has yet to build a settler. ;)

BTW, I will start a new thread 21-40 now so everyone interested can subscribe to it now and get the news fresh off the presses. :D

Wotan it's always a mystery how these things happen with other teams. Imagine the chaos on builds and big picture when there's differences of opinions as the number of cities increase. We need to avoid these conflicts at all costs.

What will be interesting to see is whether the turnplayers and elected officials turnover now that we're at the 20 turn point.

Here's the link to turns 21-40 for those of you too lazy to look at the main forum.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=20790

I have to agree some teams over do the democracy thing. Time zone differences can sometimes get in the way and slow things down but that doesn't explain away all the delays. The civ4 mtdg for instance with 5 teams has a 1 to 2 day turn around at present and there is a lot more to do then just a couple of tasks.

The End of this thread.

Top Bottom