1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 101-120

Discussion in 'The Knights’ Brotherhood' started by Lanzelot, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Yes, if the MIs had stayed, I could not have attacked without a disaster for us. Our attack power was barely enough for the Hoplites, we would not have gotten the Trebs and the balance would have been in the Anarcho's favour. (Especially, if their MI stack then counter-attacks and kills the remainder of our attacking horse/swords stack....)

2. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

lurker's comment: sounds reasonable to me. also the archer plan, even though i believe prebuilds are more realistic than many upgrades. very probably this is the only chance to go into the offense before cavs. if you want to do that at all.

now it is much easier to land with a reasonable force BECAUSE THE ANARCHIE LOST THEIR ARTY! there is not a whole lot that they can to against units on a mountain but lose lots of their own units and kill them. (what they probably will do, so i would not necessarily land MIs in the first wave.)

any way you go into this in detail, losing units in roughly the same numbers is a big advantage for you guys, as it will save loads of money on maintenance, while the Anarchie does not have this advantage. they only lose operational potential and have to rebuild from their weaker economy.

re the cow island, you may even want to move the settler in the west there AND BRING THAT NM HOME. it is needed on the front.

t_x

3. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Save is here and I will play today. As I understood Anarhos want to rebuild road. But we will ready for that in three turns. I don't like settler on Tundra, but better to have this city now...

4. Lanzelot

I did not like it either, but in light of our high upkeep cost, it was the fastest way to make more towns...
    The next two settlers from Glastonbury go to desert across from Timbuktu and on 1-tile lake island?

I think Caerleon can now rush the worker; it is unhappy now anyway. That way it can grow back faster and produce a settler for the other half of the island, using forest chop.

5. templar_x

ugh, that town is ugly... but any site will save you the same amount per turn.

why did they bring only 1 worker to rebuild that road??? now you can plan for 2 more turns, whether you can bring enough troops there to bomb and kill another stack of their hoplites.

t_x

6. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Played, Upload.

I think better upgrade units and storm Cities rather then attack stack of Hopplites. May be central Island OK, but small problem is that this City will be always "disconnected".

May be we have better idea?

7. templar_x

stacks of defenders are much easier killed OUTSIDE of cities. and even their towns may have walls, or be built on hills, so if they offer like 6 hoplites and you can bomb and kill them at a minimum of own losses, i think you should take the opportunity. just like you did 2 turns ago with their southern stack.

island town has some benefits but will always stay small due to lack of lux...

t_x

8. Lanzelot

Turn is here.
    Once the Anarchos are no longer a danger, we can use amphibious Longbows to "clean" barb island and settle there. (Hopefully gaining some elite LBs as well.)

Yes, if we can do so, before their road is finished, we should. Otherwise our attackers will be left vulnerable to a counter attack. But I don't think, we'll have enough attacking force in Shlisselburg fast enough. And they still need to heal.

If we join a worker to Montsalvat, it can make 10spt and still grow at 3+3+4 food. I think we should do it. Would be wasting a lot of shields otherwise.

Avalon can peel off another worker this turn and grow back next.

9. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

So, what to do with new settler? may be use it as "combat settler?"

10. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Played, sent.

11. Lanzelot

My vote: settle across Timbuktu. We can attack the mountain twice with each galley from there, and it also shortens the sea-distance to TT.

And the next one to lake island. Even if it's a bad place, it at least gives us the fish and more lake tiles for L-E and Shlisselburg (and it doesn't cost maintenance like a temple... ;))

12. Lanzelot

Interesting development: justanick said that the Anarchos approached the Eagles and the Küche and asked for their gold for a "final offensive". They would pay back the gold with towns...
    So I guess they are looking for gold for Knight-upgrades and will then attack Shlisselburg via the road.

I think it's about time to send a message to the Eagles.

13. templar_x

what do the rules say about the town gifts? i would have expected that kind of alliances to be illegal.
    actually i would expect that to even be advantageous for you, because the productivity of these towns would be nil and the Eagles probably could not hold them! however, it does not seem to be in the spirit of the game... but what is of that what is left?
    t_x

14. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

OK, letter to eagles looks resonable.