turns 37-54

Does not matter.
We need the gold for maintnance anyway. Basically, what we saved now allows us 10% higher research for a longer period, we should not even lose a turn by that.

templar_x

It doesn't matter: in the long run for Republic, the 18g can easily be taken out of the bank account again.

How do you See that Island is Small?

I tried to read the map designer's mind... It can't be another continent, yet, that would be too easy. (And if it's a similarly small continent as ours and approximately the same distance from the east as well as from the west, then it must be further away.)
And also: jungle and barbarians? -- That must be a "cannibal island" that the map designer put on our way... ;)

Early FP would be good, but perhaps better in the second ring?! Depends on how much space there is till we meet the Greek borders. (So perhaps make that decision, once the second curragh found their start.)

Need we really a second Curragh now?
Is a Granary with chop in Tintagel better?

This is a little bit crazy

I do not wonder if their Settler go longer ways to minimaze our territorium.

Attachments

• f11-2190bc.jpg
    f11-2190bc.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 139
If we consider to send the Next curragh North also, i would like to Move the Eastern exploring warrior w-s-s-then along the Coast eastwards again. This would Show the Tiles for the Next town and the possible Southern Channel town also. That is more important than a few earlier explored Tiles Beyond the Great lakes in my Eyes.

Basically I agree. However, I think s-w-s is slightly better than w-s-s.

Regarding the jungle island: you see, I was right...

He is trying to lure us further away... This can only be a red herring! If this would be the path to the other continent, it would be way to easy... But I think I need to follow it anyway, just to be sure?

Do you see how the barb camp protects the optimal city site on that island? I'm pretty sure there's an important resource hidden on that island, like rubber or uranium...

@Memento: the earlier the curragh, the better. There will soon be barb galleys floating around... A granary can be next, if other people like the idea as well? I think it would be strong, now that we secured a stable peace with the Anarchists. However, the other continent might reach Map Making soon, so eventually we should build some Numidians.

Sure you were right. Barbarians obviously can Read each other's minds :)

Follow the path, i would say.

Another granary where? In tinta?? I would Not think so. It should go in Wonder prebuild Mode, As discussed. If we find our World still peaceful, i'd like the Colossus!

Templar_x

I do not wonder if their Settler go longer ways to minimaze our territorium.

i mentioned that ratio before. but i do not believe that your conclusion is correct. f11 shows that we are largest in territory, so they are not absolutey optimizing on land. Lanzelot will be right, they have a very small 2nd and 3rd town.

I still have no clue what they did until now.

templar_x

Basically I agree. However, I think s-w-s is slightly better than w-s-s.
I think eastern warrior should go North - East in general, around the lake. If we are curious about 3 tiles we may send new born warrior and increase Lux for 1 turn while it return.
We need second Curragh that will go north. I don't think that we need Wonder in Tinta, but also not sure about Granary.

if we are playing peaceful for a long time, the only useful improvements there are:
a harbour
a market
lib+univ
it will be a commerce strong town, and the only other thing that should pay off there is the colossus in my eyes.
or the GLight if we want to manage a naval invasion on a (backwards) other continent.

templar_x

@Lanzelot - you got the save?

somebody overtook us in pop and commerce. the latter is quite impressive if you consider that we are working SOLELY 2-or more commerce tiles now.
everyone else has plopped down another town (of course, that is the growth we sacrificed).

my thoughts...
eastern scout: as Ivan said, i think he should go east.
new warrior: can explore the next town´s area, maybe the south of where the eastern scout now is also
Tinta: should build that curragh. can work the rm rbg this turn if i count correctly. curragh next turn then. if the first curragh continues along this path, go east with the new one.
western scout: s, the east to explore the south of the cap. stays at home then.

templar_x

there are two variations in the ss, you can see that on t49 for example. in one of the 4 turns, the cap does not need the bg.

you could go like that:

t1: 5s+2s from forest,not working the bg
t2: 7s, working the bg
t3: 7s, working the bg
t4: 9s, working the bg+2s from forest

makes 30s and builds our settler.

that is, if the 9th shield is not corrupted.

templar_x

@ Lanzelot - anything interesting from your moves last turn? can we have a screenie maybe?

templar_x

Scouts didn't see anything interesting. The curragh found the next landmass straight west. Could be another island, could be a peninsula of the other continent. I can post a screenshot tonight.

"straight west" is enough info, Lanzelot. would be great if we could post the moves the player made, so that the others are allowed and able to make the same ones and see what you saw.

just an idea. it should not be a whole lot of work as long as we have so few units.

what does your barbarian crystal ball say about that other island? have we found the other continent?

templar_x

Curragh went 3W, eastern scout 1E, southern scout 1S.

My crystal ball says we reached the other continent. You can see in the fog, that there is coast in 3NW, so this thing must be rather large. And from the minimap it doesn't look like there is much space for yet another island, if we assume that both continents have equal widths (red lines) and are separated by two equal oceans on both sides (blue lines).
The first picture shows, what we can currently see. In this picture the ocean to our E does look slightly larger than the one to our W. But we haven't reached the eastern end of our continent yet, and the picture could in reality look like the second minimap: in that one both blue lines have equal length.

Lanzelot
PS: sorry, for some reason I can no longer upload JPGs?! I get the error "This is not a valid image file." But I use ordinary JPGs like the ones I have uploaded here for 4 years now?! :confused:
I put them into a zip.

Edit: zip no longer works either!!
"pictures.zip:
Upload of file failed."

Sorry, no pics today.

Top Bottom