Turns 44-60

do we actually settle as dense as suggested by Wotan. I personally think even the north can be fairly productive in the end and would usually go for CxxC.

Likewise, if we can get a few shields out of those cities at the cost of beakers, I'm sure we can find an amicable settling ground on another island for ICS beaker farming.

great news about the curragh :goodjob:

What an oddly shaped coastal tile area! I hope it's not some sort of teaser that Rik threw in for laughs. :hmm:

Happy Easter everyone.

I get the feeling that is a route to someone else. It kind of feels like there's a X type coastal link like this.

Tha map doesn't seem so big that there is a lot of space left. I think following this weird 'landing' strip might lead us to another Island

The suicide Curragh made it across!

:D

Three cheers for captain Hazelwood of the SS Lemming!
:woohoo:

I love it when my risky proposals don't come back to bite me in the tuchas. Let's hope we meet someone nice or weak and stupid.

Will rename it Lemming next turn. ;)

On the GLH, it is a good idea but chances are someone with MM has a prebuild already. It is a viable option to consider it. So do we do a "me too" and allocate the resources from LF for some 50 turns? And if someone is actually building it and beats us to it? A rather likely scenario I am afraid, what do we swap it for? Artemis? Pyramids? Or do we go for a nice set of 13 Galleys instead and ignore starting on it? The price of the GLH.

:D

Let's hope we meet someone nice or weak and stupid.

You know, I had forgotten, but this was my motto when I was trying to meet girls...

And to Wotan, I can't remember what the ship was originally named, you can call it whatever. But I am glad that we have made it to safe waters.

And as for the GLH, I see your point. I would generally favor a prebuild for some wonder, the GLH, the Pyramids, the GLib, Tsun Tzu, many would commend themselves.

But in weighing my suggestion remmber, I'm not a good player.

Thirteen galleys has a certain appeal as well but in light of our current ignorance on the lay of the land and the disposition of our opponents I view that as the bigger risk.

IIRC there were plenty of wonders that were not finished until the MA's last game so I think we'll have time for some type of wonder.

Here's the thing about the TGL. If we're ship chaining 13 extra galleys doesn't that accomplish something similar? I'm not sure this game will be won without a powerful navy and having the extra movement is nice but I'm wondering how important it really is.

If we think it's important then are we ok with a fall back to Collossus or pyramids? Both would help us if we can't get a GA from our MW's.

Short strip of coastal and no land in sight.
Founded Reese. MM is in reality 4 turns away. MMing made us bump it to 5. Silk will be connected next turn.
EDIT: We have a wonder prebuild in Li-Lo we need to make decisions about soon. If we want a barracks instead or so. Also if we go GLH in LF we need to mine the two remaining plains. One plains is mined already to be used when LF grows.

In case you never noticed, if you move it once to the last coast tile and fortify it, we'll see 1 tile farther down there next turn, which will tell us wether making an eventual second suicide run could be good or useless.

About wonders, falling back to Colossus or Pyramids, shield depending, is definitely good to me.

In case you never noticed, if you move it once to the last coast tile and fortify it, we'll see 1 tile farther down there next turn, which will tell us wether making an eventual second suicide run could be good or useless.
I thought that's one of the exploits that are banned from this game? I agree though, that next turn you should move the curragh 1 tile then stop (not fortify) and then make a dash across to the east. We might just get lucky that this is a landing strip between two Islands.

no, I believe the exploit was using "fortify all" after the boats have run completely out of movement...

Yeah I didn't think of it because I remember it didn't hamper what I'd do with them. Fortify all is a definite exploit, since you get same-turn intel on the save game screen.

two 1 tile islands are ours until marines. :)

so at least we'll be able to be a fly in the oinment until then

new turn thread has been started. We will receive turn 61 next ;)

turns 61-80

I would say there is a identical distance between the strip and the coast as it was for us to get to the strip. So what are the odds on the lemming surviving 2 suicide missions?

Top Bottom