Turns 55-80

Mas to Anarchie Accepted.

Re Eagles, you took part of the vote in the strategy thread, so I do not understand your question. Are you changing your mind? Then it is good that I have not yet posted our proposal, which I had intended to do last night but had not time to do.

@ L - how will they find out necessarily? by meeting the others, I assume. fortunately it it enough that they do not until the end of the AA (not MA) ;)

@ I - I think what you see is only that they ask for acceptance of their new forum rules, due to the hacking attack. simply tick 'i accept' and proceed.

templar_x

right. one sees that i am normally not playing against humans. this means that we practically cannot give them Rep the moment we research it, anyway.

templar_x

I will play later today. So "research plan with Anarhos works"
Civforun.de fixed OK.
Another explanation Kuche has Horses connected outside border. They will build Temple to have it...
As they poprush Granary this action will not surprise me...

you can play, but do not send the file yet!

we need to finish the first step of negotiations with the Eagles first, if we want to pursue that!

otherwise they are running out of time, and they need to discuss our proposal as well.

templar_x

Really, what is the Küche doing with their worker turns? Outside of their territory they are building roads on a forest, the horse and now a tundra tile??? You can call THIS square, Lanzelot!

:crazyeye:
templar_x

the save is there. please nobody play or pass it yet. first discuss.

i told the Eagles that we will hold the save until we can finalize the negotiations (in whatever way). i told the Anarchos that we are short on time and thus nobody will expect us to move quickly. i could even imagine to use our time-outs if necessary.

the problem is that the discussion has become very slim here lately. it does not resemble at all that we are just about to make a decision of utmost importance now, whatever we do.

re the next turn:
- worker numbers or names would be still great. i do not care whether they are titans or a, b, c, just the one who does the turn, pls do it.
- worker 1s of carlion moves 1s to road there,right?
- worker on forest of course roads as well
- Glaston: i still do not understand how having let it grow before the gran finishes is better. whatever, it is done. i do not see an optimal sequence here now, everything will waste food/shields.
i assume 1 turn as it is now, next turn change forest to river grass.
in order to get the shields into a settler, we need to cut the forest 1sw from where the Glaston worker stands now, correct?
- Camelot needs the wheat and the bg for the next two turns (in fact 3 turns in a row,otherwise food will be wasted in Tinta). be careful, a mistake this turn cannot be corrected.
- Carlion: i assume 3 more turns as it is, and takes both fp´s then for growth
- n curragh e-n-n, s curragh s-s-w
- our gpt as in f11 is impressive, 44 now... next one does 36, Küche 33, Anarchie 30
- prod is only second again. who do you think is the production leader. probably Eagles. Did they put an emphasis on workers? Possible, when we believe they got that 4-turner up, they may have had too few shields for a while and built a few 2-turn-workers. i do that quite regularly when i have too few shields early.

templar_x

the problem is that the discussion has become very slim here lately. it does not resemble at all that we are just about to make a decision of utmost importance now, whatever we do.
It is Eagles problem, not ours. But I agree, that we have to send them final offer together with save. It is polite.
But our "most important decision" may wait 6 turns. [I understand, that if choice will be 3 or 4 we must tell it to Eagles now. but I believe it will not happen]

re the next turn:
1 - worker numbers or names would be still great. i do not care whether they are titans or a, b, c, just the one who does the turn, pls do it.
2- worker 1s of carlion moves 1s to road there,right?
- worker on forest of course roads as well
3- Glaston: i still do not understand how having let it grow before the gran finishes is better. whatever, it is done. i do not see an optimal sequence here now, everything will waste food/shields.
3a) i assume 1 turn as it is now, next turn change forest to river grass.
3b)in order to get the shields into a settler, we need to cut the forest 1sw from where the Glaston worker stands now, correct?
4 - Camelot needs the wheat and the bg for the next two turns (in fact 3 turns in a row,otherwise food will be wasted in Tinta). be careful, a mistake this turn cannot be corrected.
5 - Carlion: i assume 3 more turns as it is, and takes both fp´s then for growth
6 - n curragh e-n-n, s curragh s-s-w
1 – Colors. As arrows on diagram
2- yes, as planed.
3- I thought we need 35 bpt at least… And taxmen after for two granaries.
3a – yes, next back to forest…
3b- we may go forest at N, it will still enough time. What do you think?
4 – yes, small problem that Tinta became too big. For next settler I think use Wheat and forest to get it in 4 turns.
5. Not sure, but may be you right.
6. yes.

1 – Colors. As arrows on diagram
2- yes, as planed.
3- I thought we need 35 bpt at least… And taxmen after for two granaries.
3a – yes, next back to forest…
4 – yes, small problem that Tinta became too big. For next settler I think use Wheat and forest to get it in 4 turns.
5. Not sure, but may be you right.
6. yes.

3b - i like the forest 1 sw of where the worker is now better. we very probably will never work this forest and can use the river plain tile very well. otoh the forest 1n is not a tile we want to work too soon either way, so we can use this one on growth for shields, until we have mined a hill.
4 - exactly, we will regrow in revolution times

t_x

northern curragh: by what the Eagles told us and what we see there now, it is clear that there is land and maybe even another passage to the east from where we now stand.

since the Anarchos said there is no passage starting from their east coast, i think we should do the following:

- the northern curragh changes direction to the EAST and checks this sea area. either we find another passage and follow it, or we return to the barb island that way, and continue to explore our own continent´s coast on the Anarchie half of the island.

- the western curragh continues to sail around the other continent.

templar_x

save is up. who makes the move?
the Anarchos allow us to move the warrior 1n on the iron hill. i think we should let him return that way. for 10 turns we are allowed to move on all tiles on the nw coast except the dyes.
i could move tonight. if someone can do so earlier, do not forget to move the northern curragh EAST. obviously there is another passage. we can move around the other continent with the southern curragh.
the west coast of the other continent seems to be pretty close to the east coast of others, but we cannot move across safely from what the Anarchos said. that makes for an interesting concept.
Lanzelot - the Eagles started on whatever tech. So please ask the Anarchie to send us Lit now.
t_x

I can take a look during lunch break, but I better not move without getting feedback from you and Ivan. I'm not completely sure, whether I understood the plan for Glastonbury yet, and don't want to mess something up...

Now Glaston is not difficult anymore now that we had let it grow: chop a forest into a settler before the revolution, do not waste food. keep Carlion 2 more turns like it is, then give it +4fpt for 1 turn and take the fp away from Glaston.

t_x

in order to get the shields into a settler, we need to cut the forest 1sw from where the Glaston worker stands now, correct?

The forest 1SW of where the worker is, is outside our territory! I'm pretty sure that shields from a forest outside the territory are not added to the shield box! So we cut the forest 1N of Glastonbury?! It can be done in 5, so just in time for revolution.
Switch river forest to river grass. Granary completes next turn.

Worker Blue goes into Glastonbury.
Worker Red (2S of Carlion) starts road.
Worker Green goes 1NW of Camlann and starts mine.

Carlion warrior 1W, northern warrior on iron hill.
Northern curragh 3E, southern curragh SW-SW-W

The Küche is roading a hill?! Anyway, in order to proceed safely next turn, we need to ask the Küche for right of passage. There's no way to go around Salzburg. If they decline, do we risk a turn on sea?

the Küche must have found "dope" as a happy ressource. i have no clue what they are doing. maybe the try to already prepare for an invasion and build the atlantic wall. :rolleyes:

forest chops do not have anything to do with culture. of course this chop would have added the shields to Glaston.

i would risk the 1 turn on sea if the Küche does not agree. they sure will not. but you could offer them, let´s say, a NAP5, which we cancel as soon as we are through their lands.

would S-W-W not have more sense?

templar_x

forest chops do not have anything to do with culture. of course this chop would have added the shields to Glaston.
Did you test this?! I'm pretty sure that in one of my GOTMs I didn't get any shields from chopping outside the cultural border. Perhaps they changed it from PTW to C3C?! In any case, I thought better not take any chances, unless we are 100% sure! A mistake here would badly mess up our anarchy.

would S-W-W not have more sense?
Yes it would (in retrospect), but from the starting location it was not clear, whether SW-W-W might be possible (hill was blocking the view), and that would have gotten us one tile further west. I thought that would be worth more than seeing a couple of ocean tiles near the south pole.

maybe you were trying to chop into a wonder building town :) t_x

if someone can do so earlier, do not forget to move the northern curragh EAST. obviously there is another passage. we can move around the other continent with the southern curragh.
Well, If we in Alliance with Eagles may be we will trade earlier via harbors. In this case we need to see the way.

@ Ivan - yes, in case the others change their mind AND our s. curragh sinks, we should turn around.

@ Lanzelot - i do not like the forest 1n of Glaston chopped. we only receive the 10 s, but we open a tile that we won´t work for a long time, simply because there are better ones.
therefore i would have liked the plains tile, as two towns could soon use this good tile. and before we chop 1n, we rather should chop 1se of Glaston. this tile will be very useful too.

templar_x

Top Bottom