turns81-100

Still don't like moving the units onto flat land connected to their road network. (Especially not unload horses there, covered by only one NM!)
How about we move 1E this turn (they will send defenders to SulzSec) and then move 1N next turn? That way we use the forests and will then threaten iron hill and a town. They will need to cover both, because they can't let us fortify on the iron hill.
(And depending on circumstances we still have the option of going E instead of N next turn, if we see that the SulzSec area is undefended...)

Meanwhile the horses (unloaded on TT forrest) have time to reach the front as well. Or they can defend the area, if Anarchos try to break through to O-O.

Our left flank : Are we going to defen Horse Hill firmly? will we send any more units like archers and catapults there?
I would say: keep only minimal forces on the horse hill. After I-G is gone, the area is no longer important. It's only empty space, so why protect it with a lot of units? Only one unit so we have a warning, if Anarchos try to move a big stack that way. If they do, we still have enough time to prepare a defense (D-Day units from L-E as well as fresh units from core) and fight them once they reach the flatlands south of Horse Hill.
Advantage is: if we don't keep units on Horse Hill, we already have enough NMs for the D-Day operation. So we only need a few more archers and we are ready to go! Two archers are on the way, L-E builds two more, and then we strike. (The third galley and one more galley from M-H should arrive there around the same time?!)
Better use all units for D-Day instead of keeping them on the unimportant hill.

In the long run we need 2 galleys for the east coast, as templar said. Perhaps it is still an option to land a handful of horses on the mountain south of SulzSec?! (Combined with another east-swing of our stack?!)

OK, East. 2 Horses on Forest. Sword stay. But what next galley will do? Suppose with NM and Horse. again on Sword? All this looks somehow strange...

I-G area defense. If we loose Horse hill I do not see good point for defence

in my eyes horse hill is more important that you believe, L. you keep a good share of their mobile forces there now. you would not if you withdraw. but in the defense their stack is considerably stronger than yours in the offense. so you win by that draw there, so you should hope they still take that threat serious and stay up there.

and some day if they weaken that position, it may even be a good idea to advance there.

t_x

Instead of "D" "Archer storm" better unload 12 Units behind Sarragossa at Jungle

We agree on East, but what about Empty Galley load - unload? what and Where?

Played. Things look a bit ugly. But not because of East move.

Attachments

• aftertyrn550bc.JPG
    aftertyrn550bc.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 184
in my eyes horse hill is more important that you believe, L. you keep a good share of their mobile forces there now. you would not if you withdraw. but in the defense their stack is considerably stronger than yours in the offense. so you win by that draw there, so you should hope they still take that threat serious and stay up there.

and some day if they weaken that position, it may even be a good idea to advance there.

t_x
Perhaps you are right. But in that case we need to make sure, that in case they move their troops away from there, that our units are not "stuck" far away from the action. So we must be able to advance again without risk and pose a threat to Saragossa.

Instead of "D" "Archer storm" better unload 12 Units behind Sarragossa at Jungle

We agree on East, but what about Empty Galley load - unload? what and Where?

- If we can't storm the mountain, the jungle could be an alternative. But it has two disadvantages:
  • from the jungle we threaten only Saragossa and the iron hill. From the mountain we threaten Saragossa, the iron hill, Timbuktu and Bengasi! That would stretch their defenders quite a bit...
  • the jungle is at distance 3 galley moves, the mountain only 1 galley move! (Assuming we have the planned lake town.) So we can unload twice as many units.
I'd rather attack 2-3 turns later, but then have maximum effect...

- empty galley can wait for D-Day?

Top Bottom