turns81-100

May be they can act as middleman and we may finish this war and recover a bit? Sure, soon will be some frictions in Ana-Eagles alliance, may be we all three may act against Eagles?
I am quite sure, the Anarchos would rather loose the game than cooperate with us... So no chance for that.

We may argue that if we want barely survive we can't afford TGL, it will be more efficient if we pay them 1600 for the techs up two Education - Invention. To pretend, that we research it "ourselves" we may do it gradually, and even pay to them pro rata.
I have asked twice about such possibilities and they said they won't break the deals they have. No use in trying again. If I suggest such a "trick deal", the only thing it will achieve is that they will loose their trust in us. (They will say to themselves: "they have broken a deal once, they are suggesting a treacherous trick now, what is the guarantee that they will not use a similar treachery against us later?")
We are not in a position to risk that...
A better plan is probably to research the missing 5 techs slowly, help the Küche to get MT quickly, get it from them and then finish the Anarchos with Cavs. If there is a "friction in the Eagles-Anarchos cooperation", it would be much better to try and renew contact with the Eagles. Perhaps it prevents the Anarchos from getting muskets before we get Cavs?! But at the moment we have nothing to offer to the Eagles?!

Question: anybody knows Industrial workers rate 1.66 or 1.75? We want to get 30 spt ASAP, it is Hill near Alalon or mine 2 plains IBT Camolt - Monsalvat. What will be better?
I think it's 1.5. The hill will be faster, because workers from Avalon can work there immediately, while they lose 2 turns before they can work on plains. Also, Camelot would need to be size 11, if we use two plains. Takes too long (or wastes another worker) and probably there's not enough happiness for that?

Edit: Ok, last sentence is nonsense... size 10 is sufficient...

Funny, but what if we offer to eagles 1600?

I thought that 30 spt at size 9. For size 10 we will need 10% lux...Or go at 11 and hire Clown, or build Temple...

Soon we may send to Anarchos an offer to surrender. Is it reasonable to try?

Turn is there. If you want, I can play tonight.

Looks like the game will continue with the Anarchos, so we keep concentrating on the war effort. How about we "pretend" to operate across the lake (e.g by dropping 8 units on the hill next to Ivan-Gorod or in the jungle next to the iron hill), so they will need to keep their forces there, but in the midterm we prepare a surprise attack against LulzSec? From OO we could drop e.g 2 NMs and 6 horses on the mountain 2S of LuzSec.

Camelot builds now 4 archers? Then we have 30spt.
Tintagel another worker, then a catapult and then workers or even a settler again?

Turn is there. If you want, I can play tonight.
Wait.
We need careful calculations.
1) It is horse near I-G. It may attack Iron Hill or come closer to Glastonbury
2) Calmann needs Marketplace. Looks that we still have wh??
3) Shall we send all workers to Avalon's hill or it will have little effect? (I still don't know proof that our workers only 1.5 times faster.), also don't know if mine will appear 1 turns earlier if many workers work?
4) How to proceed to Lulz? (I' d stay with compact group now...
5) i think destroy (capture) I-G is first priority.
6) what slave worker shall do?
7) Tinta - more worker(s) or settler?

1) Yes, I've seen it. I wanted to fortify a sword on the iron hill, so that our warrior can go there without danger. Perhaps back up with a catapult. Unfortunately we don't have an NM within reach?!
2) I think we still have WW level 0 at the moment. Every turn where we don't loose anything, subtracts 2 WW points.
Do you think, we have time for a market in Camlann? That's I think 9 turns, or we spend quite a lot of money for a short-rush. I would say, just run with a taxman for now and wait until we are out of danger?!
3) I think, the mine can finish as follows: current worker starts this turn and spends 3 units of work over the next three turns. The two workers on the gold hill move to the roaded grassland now and finish a mine there in 2 turns and move on the hill in the third turn. On the 4th turn they started working on the mine as well, and the hill will appear in the following interturn (giving extra shields on turn 5). The hill and the two grasslands then put us at 30spt.
4) Ok.
5) Ok. And then the iron hill?
6) Road towards tobacco?
7) One worker now (5fpt/10spt), then a catapult to grow to size 5, and then we can see.

1) Yes, I've seen it. I wanted to fortify a sword on the iron hill, so that our warrior can go there without danger. Perhaps back up with a catapult. Unfortunately we don't have an NM within reach?!
2) I think we still have WW level 0 at the moment. Every turn where we don't loose anything, subtracts 2 WW points.
Do you think, we have time for a market in Camlann? That's I think 9 turns, or we spend quite a lot of money for a short-rush. I would say, just run with a taxman for now and wait until we are out of danger?!
3) I think, the mine can finish as follows: current worker starts this turn and spends 3 units of work over the next three turns. The two workers on the gold hill move to the roaded grassland now and finish a mine there in 2 turns and move on the hill in the third turn. On the 4th turn they started working on the mine as well, and the hill will appear in the following interturn (giving extra shields on turn 5). The hill and the two grasslands then put us at 30spt.
4) Ok.
5) Ok. And then the iron hill?
6) Road towards tobacco?
7) One worker now (5fpt/10spt), then a catapult to grow to size 5, and then we can see.

Playing now. Decided to pump worker from Avalon, it will lose 1/8 worker-turn, but mine (must?) appear IBT 3 turn. One worker will go to silk village.

Played. Bring Galley to Camelot to transfer Archer straight away to Glaston. I want " A" operation lunched next turn.

Save is here. I miscalculate somehow about 8 units. For that we need 2 loaded Galleys. I think 6 Units OK as well. If they will not successful we can add 4 more next turn.
Stack at East may move forward. Archer may go to Glastonbury himself.
I play. Idea is to starch defense and strike center.

"Important victory" Ivan-gorod no longer exists.
Most difficult is transition from defense to offense.
Templar, Lanzelot, please, give an advise:
1) Where to go? Eastern stuck may go North or East. Also horses from Galley may unload there.
2) what troops better bring to I-gorod hill? Or leave as it is?
3) what anarhos up to near I-gorod hill? Why three Workers there?
4) Do we need third galley in the lake?
5) Camelot will be 30 spt IBT. What to build?
6) How better: lux 10% or 11 labors? (1 entertaiment).
7) Shall we rush any buildings or focus on units only?

just a few ideas...

1) Where to go? Eastern stuck may go North or East. Also horses from Galley may unload there.
3) what anarhos up to near I-gorod hill? Why three Workers there?
i think what the Anarchos have in the north is overkill, an over-reaction. therefore, strike in the south and take a hold position in the north.
btw, i would move east with the southern stack. gives more options, and they may have fewer units in range. you do miss horses most in that southern stack, so i´d say yes, bring the fast movers to the southern front. but they might easily be killed where they land... you really should replace the razed TT town, and finally build a road to there!!!
and could you maybe storm the gold mountain with amphibic archers??? :mischief: holding that position would be extremely strong.
2) what troops better bring to I-gorod hill? Or leave as it is?
better move everything to the hill 1sw. but the missing road on the FP tile must be completed asap.
4) Do we need third galley in the lake?
on the lake you are faster than the Anarchos via their road network. therefore, 3 galleys would be better, or even 4 to be able to move a whole army n or s in 2 turns. however, even more important is a galley to go along the southern coast, so to bind anarchic forces there.
5) Camelot will be 30 spt IBT. What to build?
horses. you have way too few of them, and they should be better against hoplites than swords which simply die too easily.
7) Shall we rush any buildings or focus on units only?
for the moment, i would say mostly units only. it will be hard enough to overcome the phalanges, and the only chance lies in taking the continent and build the GLib anyways. when you feel some relieve, start on that. until then, only rax, grans, harbours and after those markets are justified.

t_x

1) i think what the Anarchos have in the north is overkill, an over-reaction. therefore, strike in the south and take a hold position in the north.
2) btw, i would move east with the southern stack. gives more options, and they may have fewer units in range. you do miss horses most in that southern stack, so i´d say yes, bring the fast movers to the southern front. but they might easily be killed where they land...
3) you really should replace the razed TT town, and finally build a road to there!!!
4) and could you maybe storm the gold mountain with amphibic archers??? holding that position would be extremely strong.
1) Yes, I also think so. Hold road firmly is a good option. I think unload Catapults there.
2) Initially, i also thought to move East. But Moving along lake give lot more tacktical opportunities.
3) It will take too long and TT hard to defend. I am thinking about Cities near lake.
4) It is. So it is motivation turn south stack North and have 2 NM ready to unload.
3)

2) stack is too small.
after GA and when you have lots more units for a 3rd stack, then i see a chance for a breakthrough in the core. but via the gold hill rather than along the roads...
with its current size, i only see the possibility to have it attack their flank and and bind their forces. with them on roads, you will lose the stack otherwise.
t_x

Looking at the save now... :scan:

Ok, my suggestions:
1) Load horse and sword back on galley (goes east), move the rest on the horse-hill.
2) templar is right: the stack is too small and has no protection. Let's move to SulzSec. We can at least pillage the dyes, perhaps take the town. Fortify the single reg sword in the forest, so we can unload our horses there safely. Concentrate everything (especially more horses) at SulzSec, now that they have misplaced their forces at I-gorod... If we switch flanks quickly, we can perhaps take them off guard.
If their stack tries to advance at I-gorod, new units from the core will have enough time to defend against that.
4) If we want to storm the gold mountain, we need 4 galleys in the lake: I'd say at least 4-5 archers to be on the safe side, and then at least 3 Numidians, so they we can hold the mountain for sure, until we can unload more units the following turn. The first attack must succeed, otherwise they will fortify 2-3 hoplites on the mountain, and then we can forget it.
5) Horses...
6) 10% lux. Shields and food are more important now.
7) Units, units and units. Do we even need two granaries in Glaston and Carlion? I would say one is enough (to have another settler/worker town). The other one should get barracks?!

How can we get Camlann to 16s??? Looks like we are 1s short?!
Carlion should grow now (but I think you already planned for that...)
Lanzelot's Edge should build 2 more archers, if we want to prepare the amphibious surprise attack?!

PS: I don't like the idea of settling on the lake. There aren't that many productive tiles there, are there? (And too corrupted.) Aren't the spots on the west coast, or the tundra isthmus better?

And: perhaps it's still too early for an eastern offensive. We could still advance there, just to draw their defenses towards SulzSec, but then retreat and execute our gold mountain plan with all our forces?!

let wait untill tomorrow. It is important turn (N 100 btw!)
1) I thought to put 2 catapults on I-g Horses with galley. It is too risky to make this stack weaker. And Load 2 horses OK.
2) Think more, please. moving north we may unload Horses. We may move little and use roads! Blockade and centralisation! All units work. lot of opportunities after. Galleys will unload more and more, Road on Hills wil be ready next turn...

East move, yes, Dice, City... But we expose way to O' O. Stack will be locked there and destroyed with trebukhets.
4) I am thinking about City in front of Timbutku. It will need less galleys to transfer more units in 1 turn on any point. Next settler will go there.
5) well, we need more NM also
6) That mean that we pay 22 gpt for 2+2 fpt and 1 worker. For the rest of GA. Is it good price? How long our GA?
7) Granary in Glaston is a must. Not sure about Carliton

16? No way. I planed 10 spt. and short short rush.

PS: I don't like the idea of settling on the lake. There aren't that many productive tiles there, are there? (And too corrupted.) Aren't the spots on the west coast, or the tundra isthmus better?

And: perhaps it's still too early for an eastern offensive. We could still advance there, just to draw their defenses towards SulzSec, but then retreat and execute our gold mountain plan with all our forces?!

probably, when settler will arrive there situation will change and we will settle across the lake as D-day base. I am sure, that psyhological factor of 1N move will be very strong,

I remember my worry when just 1 horse and hoplit could do lot of trouble. they retreat.

I unload and they could defend I-G with the stack they have, they retreat and disband.

We must demonstrate, that we are strong and go forward, forward...
They will ran away!

Look, 13 units at the road with a tread to two cities. next turn 16. Turn after 20...
Why split them to 11+3 and 11+9? Why wait for Archers?
They have at East 2-3 Sw, 1 Ar 1 Treb, 4 Hp and 1-2 Horses. I like Lanzelot plan to transfer 2 Units from Hill "A", but to be effective 11's stack must go 1 North. Catapults from Iron? where to go?

Blockade and centralisation!
Nimzowitsch? :D
But sometimes flank operations are better. The big advantage of greater mobility (=lake) is that we can alternate flanks quickly (Remember Capablanca - Ragosin, Moscow 1935)

2) Think more, please. moving north we may unload Horses. We may move little and use roads! Blockade and centralisation! All units work. lot of opportunities after. Galleys will unload more and more, Road on Hills wil be ready next turn...
In principle you are right. But one thing worries me: if we attack in the center, they can use their roads to their advantage and move defenders/counter-attackers from both flanks and destroy our stack. However, if we attack on a far out flank, they can't get the defenders there quickly enough. (Like just happened at I-gorod: they probably disbanded I-gorod, because their stack we currently see, was not able to reach it in time... And it was not able to reach I-gorod, because they kept it centralized in order to "keep an eye" on our 11-stack in the east.)

Hmm, not sure. It is quite risky, and templar voiced the same opinion: our stack is still too small for a central operation. I think, an attack in the center can only work, if we can use the mountain for cover. On flat land, we'll have too many losses!

How many turns does their stack at I-G need to reach SulzSec? 4? (Need to look at the map.) By that time we can have made a lot of damage already.

Don't worry about O'O: they are running backward now...

4) I am thinking about City in front of Timbutku. It will need less galleys to transfer more units in 1 turn on any point.
Ah, I understand. Yes, good plan.

16? No way. I planed 10 spt. and short short rush.
Why only 10spt? It is already making 15spt now! (Unfortunately last turn it made only 14, so we are 1s short...)
By running "15 - 15" instead of "10 - rush 40g, 10", we save 40g every second turn, that makes 20gpt, so it's already almost what we would loose for the 10% lux! And Camelot probably needs 10% lux for 30spt as well? (Don't see at the moment, how you want to make 30spt at size 9. We need size 10, don't we?)

probably, when settler will arrive there situation will change and we will settle across the lake as D-day base. I am sure, that psyhological factor of 1N move will be very strong,

I remember my worry when just 1 horse and hoplit could do lot of trouble. they retreat.

I unload and they could defend I-G with the stack they have, they retreat and disband.

We must demonstrate, that we are strong and go forward, forward...
They will ran away!

Look, 13 units at the road with a tread to two cities. next turn 16. Turn after 20...
Why split them to 11+3 and 11+9? Why wait for Archers?
They have at East 2-3 Sw, 1 Ar 1 Treb, 4 Hp and 1-2 Horses. I like Lanzelot plan to transfer 2 Units from Hill "A", but to be effective 11's stack must go 1 North. Catapults from Iron? where to go?

Ok, will need to look at the map again tonight. Do we at least have a forest for cover?
Don't forget: F3 rates us as equal, so they must have basically the same amount of units, and these units are probably all centralized (as we can conduct from their failure at I-G). So an exposed stack on flatland that can be reached by all their units, could turn into a catastrophe.

Camelot may ran 30 spt at size 10 at 10% lux. It is 20 + 2 worker upkeep. My plan for calman was 14 s + 24 g +10 s. Therefore we pay for worker just 2 gpt. It is good price. So 10% Lux we go.

I think we could see all their Army and i don't think that they have many in Central land. Most probably some MP in size 7 cities. That make us approximately equal.

Most probably if we go east they will disband Dice City (or we destroy it) but probably they will lock 11' st at Far East. Then question: what sword and Horses at TT forest will do?

Our left flank : Are we going to defen Horse Hill firmly? will we send any more units like archers and catapults there?

Edit:. Still thinking. May be send just 1 NM North and unload horses there?
Or left 1 NM at place and pull sword as well?

Attachments

• 550bc.jpg
    550bc.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 156
Top Bottom