Tweak Mod for Xtended + Master of Mana Updates

yes, summon units should be capped. If you don't cap them you have to nerf them a lot and I think few powerful summons is better than lots of garbage summons. For weak temporary summons it is fine not to take any support.
How about reducing spawn chance and spawning number to half? My concern is that it can be a too big nerf for AI Sheaim...

What about summoning unit be capped but dimensional portal giving +2 unit support?
It seems fair but a small problem is that Sheaim cannot choose units to summon. If unlucky, unit support limit can be filled with relatively weaker units. Probably human players will have to delete some of them waiting for stronger ones.
By the way, does chance and numbers of spawning still follow this rule? (from https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ffh-2-manual.265888/post-6560127)
1727697819797.png

Slightly different it seems to me. If I understand the code:
  • 6% when AC < 25
  • 12% AC > 25 and < 50
  • 18% AC > 50 and < 75
  • 24% AC > 75
Multiplied by 2 in case of trait Gatemaster and scaled by gamespeed (1.5 , 1 , 0.66 , 0.33).

Maximum of each unit per Planar Gate:
  • 1 if AC < 50
  • 2 AC > 50
Multiplied by 2 in case of Gatemaster

So it means that Planar Gate also works in term of cap of unit that can spawn.... which is something I like as I did not really felt like adding them to the normal unit cap (which is a pity and against how they should work imho) but still nice that they cannot spawn an infinite number of units...

Maybe can we work on the max cap?

Current spawn chance seems too much to me. (Maximum number rule seems good as it is) Considering that it is not easy for AI Sheaim to raise AC above 25 while humans can easily achieve 50 and higher, vanilla way would be better imho. And, in fact, I still do not prefer capping gate-creatures...
which is a pity and against how they should work imho
I agree.
Could you please tell me which sentence of which file I have to modify to adjust the spawn chance?

P.S. Maybe the problem could be that there is no early weak units like chaos marauder and strong units appear too early in MOM. Succubus at Mage guild and Minotaur at Noble District and they are buffed by ceridwen' favor... Alas, balance stuff is hard and tough...:lol:

Last edited:
'PLANAR_GATE_CHANCE' sets only base value.
If I change it to 500, base value will be 5%, right? Then, is increment still 6% for every 25 increase of AC? Or will it be also changed to 5%?

Sorry, i'm not sure if I understand you mention correctly...
Does ac_level mean step of AC?
  • ac_level 1 : AC < 25
  • ac_level 2 : 25 < AC < 50
  • ac_level 3 : 50 < AC < 75
  • ac_level 4 : 75 > AC, right?
Then if Planar_gate_chance is four, is the increment also four? Is it defined elsewhere?

Top Bottom