Tweak Mod for Xtended + Master of Mana Updates

Is it still possible for Elohim to achieve an Epic Destiny victory?

When playing as them I failed to raise the purity counter at all and I am unsure if Pacifism was mapped to another civic since it is not in this mod. I tried Benevolence but it stayed at zero turns in the appropriate civic.

Code:
                <AdventureStep>
                    <Step>ADVENTURESTEP_PURITY_COUNTER_100</Step>
                    <AdventureCounter>1</AdventureCounter>
                </AdventureStep>
                <AdventureStep>
                    <Step>ADVENTURESTEP_STAY_IN_PACIFISM_CIVIC</Step>
                    <AdventureCounter>300</AdventureCounter>
                </AdventureStep>

Are religions supposed to be spreading naturally? I cannot remember a single instance of it happening without manually sending a unit.

Is this expected? I wanted to check before I dig around too much in the game files.

Hi Fish_sticks

Its scholarship....
Code:
<AdventureStepInfo>
    <Type>ADVENTURESTEP_STAY_IN_PACIFISM_CIVIC</Type>
    <Description>TXT_KEY_ADVENTURESTEP_STAY_IN_PACIFISM_CIVIC</Description>
    <CivicType>CIVIC_SCHOLARSHIP</CivicType>
    <bCivicDuration>1</bCivicDuration>
</AdventureStepInfo>

Religion does not spread naturally, you need a unit to spread it.
About purity counter... I cannot find any single line of code which is supposed to increase it...

I have also corrected a text for Bannor which state to create Demagog, but its Footman instead!

Religion does not spread naturally
I think it is intentional. MoM's religions need to be carefully chosen and nurtured because they accumulate and consume Faith.

Among the Amurite's Epic Destiny conditions, 'Empowered Lightning' should be described as 'Lightning Blast'.

And some trivial issues:
Settlers cannot build cities on Hill/plain of MoM_Lakes_climate mapscript. It looks like kind of a bug or mistake.
And it would be helpful if Magnadine's Hire ability's prereq techs are described in his pedia(i.e. Warfare for Goblin Archers). Scalemail's prereq level(I think it is level four) also should be descriped.

Probably found a few missing XML attributes. In XRJOTNAR_CIV4UnitInfos.xml I compared the four builder classes and found:

• UNIT_JOT_WORKER - missing BUILD_GROUNDWATER_WELL and BUILD_WATERMILL
  • UNIT_JOT_SLAVE - missing BUILD_GROUNDWATER_WELL and BUILD_WATERMILL
  • UNIT_JOT_SLAVE - missing BUILD_FARM
Confirmed I cannot build a well with a worker but can with Egrass and Citizens (ADULT). Unsure of the last one as I have yet to encounter a slave to see if farms are still possible using the BUILD_FARM_MALAKIM BuildType.

I think it is intentional. MoM's religions need to be carefully chosen and nurtured because they accumulate and consume Faith.

Among the Amurite's Epic Destiny conditions, 'Empowered Lightning' should be described as 'Lightning Blast'.

And some trivial issues:
Settlers cannot build cities on Hill/plain of MoM_Lakes_climate mapscript. It looks like kind of a bug or mistake.
And it would be helpful if Magnadine's Hire ability's prereq techs are described in his pedia(i.e. Warfare for Goblin Archers). Scalemail's prereq level(I think it is level four) also should be descriped.
Added/Adjusted description in Civilopedia.
About Settler: 'climate' maps require the plot to have at least 1 of food, else city cannot be build. Sometime it can happen a worker has to chop down a Jungle in order to be able to build a city.

In MoM, a single unit's mouse hover info can often be too long to be displayed in a screen like attached screenshot even at the high resolution. Is there any way that it can be displayed in multiple columns? Or another way to veiw full contents?

Attachments

• long info.jpg
    long info.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 22
In MoM, a single unit's mouse hover info can often be too long to be displayed in a screen like attached screenshot even at the high resolution. Is there any way that it can be displayed in multiple columns? Or another way to veiw full contents?
Please attach a file with this issue, for the time beeing I have added that if you press CTRL the blessing section is not displayed but I would like to check it with a real case.

I would like to check it with a real case.
It happens in every game as spellresearch progresses and Aura effects accumulate. You can easily find a unit with that issue from the attached file because it was saved in extremely later phase of a game.

I have added that if you press CTRL the blessing section is not displayed
Oh that's cool!!!

Attachments

• stone AD-0385 Amurite.CivBeyondSwordSave
    750.8 KB · Views: 5
I think the Jotnar are missing their art asset for towns. The improvements are invisible once they grow to that size.

Not really capable on graphics stuff... Maybe you can try to lower/increase graphic detail and see if something change?
If you want upload a savegame so I can crosscheck if there are some assert error and double check the worker improvement build missing you reported.

Another thing... Summon ability is ignoring cap limit for units... It seems to me a little bit too powerful as I had 25 fire drake on top of my max 23 troops... I am considering to block summon when units cap is reaches, but I am unsure if this was done on purpose....

A random observation:

- The fire drake potion which you can randomly find on loot, is ultra overpowered. Once you got one firedrake, you have an endgame unit at the early game. I think finding this potion should not be possible.

Another thing... Summon ability is ignoring cap limit for units... It seems to me a little bit too powerful as I had 25 fire drake on top of my max 23 troops... I am considering to block summon when units cap is reaches, but I am unsure if this was done on purpose....
Summoning should be capped, yes.

A random observation:

- The fire drake potion which you can randomly find on loot, is ultra overpowered. Once you got one firedrake, you have an endgame unit at the early game. I think finding this potion should not be possible.
I second this. Moreover if an AI's fire drake enters a water tile, it never moves a single tile till the end of the game.:confused:

Thanks for confirming that!
Flying unit that station on water is becouse its a plot with no danger 😉 so the AI may opt for that!
Additional question to Sephi: do you know how purity counter is increased for Elohim Epic Destiny? Cant find anywhere in the code!

Well, in my case, I made my best unit to drink that when they were like 1.23/25 health. To save their life. Suddenly the guy went mad and decided to go fight someone until first battle/cooldown. And died. Lol. Never drink that potion when in battle and weak ;)
A random observation:

Flying unit that station on water is becouse its a plot with no danger 😉 so the AI may opt for that!
Additional question to Sephi: do you know how purity counter is increased for Elohim Epic Destiny? Cant find anywhere in the code!
I think the purity counter is gone for good. It was a python thing similar to the scions counter and thus invisible to the AI. Maybe change the Epic destiny condition to building 4 abbeys or something.

So does a Child of Condatis.

For water
- currently each resource increases the chance to find another resource in a neighbour tile by 100%. That seems way too much and creates a huge snowball effect. Maybe instead of doubling basechance it should just increase the modifier by 10 points.
I am sorry but sometimes I can not comprehend English words perfectly so I am asking...
'10 points' means 0.001% addition to the base chance? So if a water tile has one Fish around, its fish spawn chance will be 0.004% and if two Fish are nearby, the chance will be 0.005%, right? (That looks good to me.:))

And.. in my opinion 'Harbor' does not need to increase spawn chance because it is providing much more gold per resource than Farmer's Market(kind of its counterpart). Maybe it was designed when water resources did not newly spawn at all. It can be a snowballing now. (Besides maybe a 'harbor' can destroy sea resources rather than grow them in the real world?🤔)

So does a Child of Condatis.

I am sorry but sometimes I can not comprehend English words perfectly so I am asking...
'10 points' means 0.001% addition to the base chance? So if a water tile has one Fish around, its fish spawn chance will be 0.004% and if two Fish are nearby, the chance will be 0.005%, right? (That looks good to me.:))

And.. in my opinion 'Harbor' does not need to increase spawn chance because it is providing much more gold per resource than Farmer's Market(kind of its counterpart). Maybe it was designed when water resources did not newly spawn at all. It can be a snowballing now. (Besides maybe a 'harbor' can destroy sea resources rather than grow them in the real world?🤔)
10 points of modifier means 10% of basechance, so 0.003, 0.0033, 0.0036, etc.

Top Bottom