Tweaking the AI

Le Sage

Emperor
Has anyone had a look at the AI settings and can tell me more on how to make the AI as aggressive as possible? As it is now, in the scenarios I'm building the AI is super-stupid. I want him to cross the English Channel and perform an invasion, and I've given him lots of troops, but the only thing he invades me with are a couple of workers and a few scattered pikemen here and there.

The AI does not build armies. When he wants to perform an invasion of my territory, he shows up with a unit here or there, but no regular armies. This makes it all very uninteresting, since most games in my mod just concerns me conquering one of his cities after the other, because he doesn't do defence very well either. Nevermind defence though, screw that; what I want to do is to just get him to attack with all he has and build large, impressive armies and invasion forces!

I made a similar mod for Civ4 to the one I'm working on for 5 right now, and the mod for 4 worked five times better in the AI department, although it was rather weak there as well. So where's that great and aggressive Civ5 AI they were bragging about?

(EDIT: God. I'm in the wrong forum for this... Sorry. Mods, please move to correct forum.)

With 1100 posts, you'd think you'd know where to post general questions. ;)

On topic, I too wish the AI were better at sending waves, rather than trickles.

I want him to cross the English Channel and perform an invasion
the AI is afraid of water. i'm hoping there's something that can be changed to get the AI from not being afraid to put its units into embark, even for one turn, and if there is thats going to help for situations like this

Yeah. But I have another situation on a different scenario map as well where I have deployed masses of English troops just a few hexes from Orléans which the French are holding. This is a land-situation overall and there's no crossing water at all, except a few rivers.

In that one, I want to get the Siege of Orléans 1429 going and have Jeanne d'Arc and a nice French army of knights prepared for the relief further south from there. The thing is that stupid General AI always decides to march his massive English Siege army off in the opposite direction and disappears into Oblivion! This leaves Jeanne d'Arc to relieve an Orléans which was never placed under siege by the evil English, which is also a rather sad situation, since I'm creating the Hundred Years' War.

The AI is not only afraid of water, General AI is afraid of fighting. Period.

i'd check to see where exactly in oblivion the brits are dissapearing into and also try to boost orleans to make it a much more likely place for the AI to want to capture it (then use lua to remove any goodies)

it would be nice if we could slip in a x,y,priority target for the AI to consider but afaik this can't be done yet

I dunno. I've made Orléans the true "Lock to France" it really was. I can't make it the Capital though, since the French Crown Prince had his capital at Bourges at the time, but that's just a bit further south from Orléans and to get to there, the English would have to go through Orléans too!

I will look it over tonight and try to get them to charge the walls of Orléans. Perhaps placing their units even closer to it might help. I'd also like a function for how much the English leader hates the French leader. Maybe there is one in the AI settings too...

Top Bottom