Two colony questions

GGS

Warlord
Currently, I'm playing a muck-about game and for the first time an eight city colony appeared to make sound financial and fiscal sense.
Q1. I had a decent tech lead; was the vassal allowed to trade it out or was something else perhaps going on?
Q2. The concept notes state that the AI would run the vassal. However, the programme prompted that I move his troops about but would not allow the workers to build anything other than a road. Did I misunderstand the concept or was this some sort of error/mistake on my part? Could it have been a glitch?
-GGS

Your questions are vague; difficult to make clear-cut answers.

A1) A colony is complety from to trade your techs away as long they got a trade partner and you have not confined the vassal to close borders (refuse to talk issue).

A2) programme? Are you french? :)
When you form a colony, your past units are theirs IIRC.
A worker always starts with a road before improving, that is how it is coded.

1) Your vassal will iirc trade away your precious techs

2) The units are your old ones. If you want to gift them to the vassal there is a gift button. Your workers can only build improvement inside your own borders, and since it is now a vassal only road constructions are allowed.

@T&V: Thank you for the advice. If I can pose and impose a third question; what does the abbreviation IIRC mean?

@Tachywaxon: French? No. However, my second ex-wife was/is Corsican. Programme? As a Canadian, I have a nodding acquaintanceship with the spelling of the Queen's English.

-GGS

Top Bottom